Premier League Week 29 5/6 March

Great result that 2-2 draw. Win our two games in hand and we're not a million miles from positions 2-4.

So are others but I'd like CL footy next season.
You know we're at Palace tomorrow right? Besides that if we can get 4th so can the seven teams above us.

I think there's more chance of Chelsea getting Champions League than us.

Three of whom are in the Europa (one by default), Arsenal are basically out, Chelsea are behind, and City came up against the worst team in the last 16. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the quality.

We've been really underpar this season and the fact that we're still so close to top four simply shows how poor the standards have been at the top. If this were 4-5 years ago we'd be miles off.

Why do you think that is?

Compared to four years ago we've got managers like Mourinho and Klopp who some tout as the worlds best.

The league has signed some of the best players in the world.

Why do you think it's dropped so much?

My viewpoint is that is hasn't dropped. The reason that it's so hard to predict is because before when we had about four teams rated 8 out of 10 and then it went dramatically down, now we have about seven 8/10 teams and below Villa no one really is below 6/10. Thus the wear and tear on the players is becoming worse and worse.

Not really. They are nothing to us, not hated rivals.

Were you one of those "oh let Stevie G win one title, go on" types?

Are you one of those guys who gave up on the title when we are level on points with Citeh by cheering on Leicester because Citeh may win the league? Go and lie down, ffs.

You wouldn't rather Leicester won it than City?

Wouldn't you rather we win the league?

Compared to four years ago we've got managers like Mourinho and Klopp who some tout as the worlds best.

My viewpoint is that is hasn't dropped. The reason that it's so hard to predict is because before when we had about four teams rated 8 out of 10 and then it went dramatically down, now we have about seven 8/10 teams and below Villa no one really is below 6/10. Thus the wear and tear on the players is becoming worse and worse.
Then why have we gone from regularly having 2-3 teams in the CL semis and finals to every team getting knocked out in the last 16 and quarters? Why do our teams perform so terribly in the Europa (usually) ?

It's completely illogical to suggest the 4 8/10 teams (if you say so) of 4-5 years ago are the exact same as around 8 teams now despite the difference in European performances of then and now. The feck are you smoking? No, seriously, I want some.

Watched Everton vs Vila a few days ago. lukaku's touch is still all over the place.

Who are those seven 8/10 teams and who are their European counterparts?

Are you one of those guys who gave up on the title when we are level on points with Citeh by cheering on Leicester because Citeh may win the league? Go and lie down, ffs.

Wouldn't you rather we win the league?

We're 10 points off 1st.
There are 10 games left.
There's 4 teams above us.

Don't let the midweek once in a season losses of 3 rivals influence things.

I'd love us to make a late surge, but that late surge will be for top 4.

We have City away, Everton home, Tottenham away coming up!

If we were within 4/5 of 1st by then I'd join you in club optimism, but most likely we'll be 4/5 min off 4th

When it's mathematically impossible for us to win it, pick a favorite. We are level on points with Citeh and we are willing Citeh to lose.

They're home to Villa.

If they lose today,I wil drive to your house and smell your fishy fingers myself.

We're 10 points off 1st.
There are 10 games left.
There's 4 teams above us.

Don't let the midweek once in a season losses of 3 rivals influence things.

I'd love us to make a late surge, but that late surge will be for top 4.

We have City away, Everton home, Tottenham away coming up!

If we were within 4/5 of 1st by then I'd join you in club optimism, but most likely we'll be 4/5 min off 4th

normally agree with your posts.

strange season.

Looking through the tv screen at the Etihad is a sad view. It's not giving the matches any atmosphere.

You know we're at Palace tomorrow right? Besides that if we can get 4th so can the seven teams above us.

I think there's more chance of Chelsea getting Champions League than us.

I realised we were playing City last game. Not saying we have a good chance of top four but I'll take a mathematical chance for now.

All our walking wounded are back and literally playing for their futures in the next three months. They won't get such a cushy contract again, nothing like financial threats to focus the mind.

Think we are getting rid of the barcodes this season.