Premier League Gameweek 4

It's your time to go down tbf. You've been flirting with relegation for too long without doing anything to take you up a step.

Maybe the championship might the reset you need. You'll come straight back up
The flirting with relegation for too long is a bit of a myth.

Yeah, no. Being in the Championship with a brand new stadium is not a good reset. It's a marketing and financial nightmare for a club which is already on the edge.

A lot of the best #9s nowadays are coming from smaller footballing countries, probably because they aren't being coached within an inch of their life.

Said it before that Duran has massive potential, he has so many attributes you'd want in a striker.

I'd bet good money that Villa have the keeper as vice captain solely for timewasting purposes.

Yeah, no. Being in the Championship with a brand new stadium is not a good reset. It's a marketing and financial nightmare for a club which is already on the edge.
Did Everton really need to build a new stadium ? I know it's important to increase revenue but you've had sh*t squads and terrible transfers for a decade. Maybe revamping the backroom staff would have been smarter investment.

Did Everton really need to build a new stadium ? I know it's important to increase revenue but you've had sh*t squads and terrible transfers for a decade. Maybe revamping the backroom staff would have been smarter investment.
I mean yeah. With the rules in football being able to generate your own revenue is vitally important to trying to be a successful club.

Also have you been to Goodison? It's an amazing relic but it's far from being a modern PL stadium.

Feel like the Everton player could have bought a pen there with Maatsen sliding around in the box for no reason.

Would make a great Amazon documentary though

I mean yeah. With the rules in football being able to generate your own revenue is vitally important to trying to be a successful club.

Also have you been to Goodison? It's an amazing relic but it's far from being a modern PL stadium.
Sure but with all due respect, nobody expects Everton to be a successful club. More like making sure you're never lower than 12/13th. Fulham, Palace, brentford are doing alright with smaller stadiums focusing on the actual playing squad and development. Looks like you jumped multiple steps and will end up in ruins.

A friend of mine from Wilmslow is a neighbour of infamous Everton flop Omar Niasse.

Says he murdered him and six others solo in a kick-about one afternoon. Could not get near him.

Reminds me of playing NI league ledge Robbie Casey in Newry many moons ago. His first touch alone did not as much tame the ball as enchant it. We let him go up front at one stage because we could not deal with his passing. Scored a hat-trick within a minute.

I'll never forget watching him saunter away after his third whilst we writhed about in miserable agony in his wake. The losing French in Waterloo would be in better condition.

Just marvellous.

Anyway, yes, Everton are shite.

Yep, there are high level amateur players who are ridiculously good, the depth in football is unmatched by any sport, so to get to the PL level you have to exceptional. Played against Paddy McCourt at a youth tournament years ago and I couldn't believe it was possible for a player to be as good as that, there was a kid in our team who we thought might make it as a pro, was a real eye opener to see the gap in talent.

Yep, there are high level amateur players who are ridiculously good, the depth in football is unmatched by any sport, so to get to the PL level you have to exceptional. Played against Paddy McCourt at a youth tournament years ago and I couldn't believe it was possible for a player to be as good as that, there was a kid in our team who we thought might make it as a pro, was a real eye opener to see the gap in talent.
The mental aspect of the game isn't highlighted enough either.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing how Disasi fares in this Maresca system.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing how Disasi fares in this Maresca system.

What's the latest in the "battle for supremacy?" Reading some comments from Chelsea fans in the Guardian and they seem proper cheesed off with the owners and their shenanigans.

What's the latest in the "battle for supremacy?" Reading some comments from Chelsea fans in the Guardian and they seem proper cheesed off with the owners and their shenanigans.
I think Roman comes back after taking control of Russia and feeding Putin to a bear.

OH feck OFF WHY HAVE WE GOT ANTHONY TAYLOR AGAIN