Premier League Gameweek 34-35

Posh Red

Yes if you take an extremely narrow view to feed your sense of injustice, of course.

Yesterday AWB and an attacker where challenging for the ball and Onana comes flying in and connects with the attacker after the ball was gone. He was nowhere near the ball.

Here Ederson is jumping out to make an attempt to clear the ball and the attacker is jumping towards goal with the same thing in mind. As Ederson comes out the attacker comes in from the side and they collide with each other. It's a 50/50. You couldn't make a good case that either player is at fault for the collision. Whereas yesterday it was all on Onana.
No idea what game you’re watching. Ederson fouled him there, based on the incident we saw yesterday.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's not between grown adults, but did you argue objectively in primary school?
At a time it wasn't as clear cut as it turned out to be later in their careers

Just like Rooney vs Ronaldo turned over the years

Withnail

I do take a narrow view, because fists to the head = dangerous play = penalty.

Ederson was very late to the challenge which is reckless play, and he had his hands very low, and that makes it even more of a penalty in my opinion as he wasn’t even challenging in the air but literally went flying fists first.

The rule is there to protect players. Ederson lunges fists first at head level and was late. It’s as much of a pen as Onana’s
I've no idea what you're watching. A collision isn't always a foul and that has never been the case.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Feck me people are really saying that Boly threw his head onto Edersons fists…
Ederson went flying with his fists the same way Onana did.

As most of us said yesterday, those are rarely given and today is a prime example
Boly nutted Edersons shoulder. Nothing like the same. 50/50.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't have a team in EPL, but i think it's mental to want your City rival to smash your records, just because other sides are annoying or whatever.

I may not have a team in EPL, but i like for RM to keep it's records, and was very happy when City didn't get to defend UCL this year, yes they are cheats, but their trophies still counts on the books.

Unless you believe they will be stripped of trophies as punishment, well, then you have more faith in the system than me.

wr8_utd

:'(
City look so vulnerable defensively no matter who they face. Forest need to keep it tight at the back and they've got a goal in them.

Withnail

I don't have a team in EPL, but i think it's mental to want your City rival to smash your records, just because other sides are annoying or whatever.

I may not have a team in EPL, but i like for RM to keep it's records, and was very happy when City didn't get to defend UCL this year, yes they are cheats, but their trophies still counts on the books.

Unless you believe they will be stripped of trophies as punishment, well, then you have more faith in the system than me.
Well there is the fact that as far as I'm concerned they've not won a legit trophy in the past 20 years. There's an asterisk against every one due to them being massive cheating bastards.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This is just too frustrating to watch. They're inventing new ways to miss every 5 minutes.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Well there is the fact that as far as I'm concerned they've not won a legit trophy in the past 20 years. There's an asterisk against every one due to them being massive cheating bastards.
Okay, but its still there, on the records.

Liverpool, ok, but Arsenal, really, you can't have them win a trophy over City?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Usually hate watching Man. City games due to the opposition being in awe of them but in fairness to Forest that's one of the best tactical halves I've seen from quite some time. Should be drawing and can see them getting a goal if they can get a few more set pieces infront of their own fans.

wr8_utd

City extremely lucky to go in ahead at the back. Going to need to be a lot better to see out the win in the second half.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone saying they'd rather City win the league over Arsenal "because their trophies don't count" are pure coping.

Zed is not dead

I've no idea what you're watching. A collision isn't always a foul and that has never been the case.
Except it’s not a collision.
Ederson goes flying fists first at a low level and clatters into Boly, while going nowhere near the ball. Otherwise yesterday was also just an unfortunate collision

padr81

Supports
Man City
We've been absolutely terrible here, our entire front 3 look like Championship players today, Bernardo not much better. Credit to Forest for that. KDB the only one in the front 5 who has been ok and he's just been ok. Walker terrible too. Pretty much Rodri, Gvaridol and Ake the only ones playing decently well.

Forest honestly should be ahead. Taking so long to get that sub on was criminal, Williams had done a good job marking that exact run from Gvaridol. Not only did they not get him on in time for the corner but took a kick off and played on. Must have been a full 4 minutes with 10 men.

E-mal

I've seen people claim we shouldn't have sold him.
That’s just dumb shite from them, he is not even good enough to be second choice and the fact we have a few like him is the reason why we are still poor

Withnail

Except it’s not a collision.
Ederson goes flying fists first at a low level and clatters into Boly, while going nowhere near the ball. Otherwise yesterday was also just an unfortunate collision
Jesus mate. Yesterday the defender is not moving towards Onana and the keeper comes flying across and clearly hits him on the face.

Everyone who saw it immediately thought oh bollox that could be a pen.

Today both players are jumping through the air in the general direction of each other, therefore introducing an element of mitigation that wasn't there in yesterday's incident. They players then collide. Can you even clearly see fists to face in the replay? It looks more like the contact is on the shoulder to me.

wr8_utd

We've been absolutely terrible here, our entire front 3 look like Championship players today, Bernardo not much better. Credit to Forest for that. KDB the only one in the front 5 who has been ok and he's just been ok. Walker terrible too. Pretty much Rodri, Gvaridol and Ake the only ones playing decently well.

Forest honestly should be ahead. Taking so long to get that sub on was criminal, Williams had done a good job marking that exact run from Gvaridol. Not only did they not get him on in time for the corner but took a kick off and played on. Must have been a full 4 minutes with 10 men.
Without Foden on there, you guys look a bit toothless, tbh.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Take off the red tinted glasses and you might be able to see they're not the same at all.
You might hate City but gotta say fair play. You always give good and balanced takes on ref decisions both here and in the VAR thread.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Without Foden on there, you guys look a bit toothless, tbh.
For sure, I think he's replaced KDB now in terms of our most important attacker. I think today also puts the myth we're better without Haaland to bed. We're exactly the same "sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe sheet"

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Anyone saying they'd rather City win the league over Arsenal "because their trophies don't count" are pure coping.
I would far, far, far rather City win the league than the Arsenal and I'd say most Irish posters are the same. City fans don't exist over here :)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bollocks. Some of us just can’t stand arsenal.
If that's your reason for not wanting then the post isn't directed at you, is it? I said: "Anyone saying they'd rather City win the league over Arsenal "because their trophies don't count" are pure coping."
I really don't know why it's so difficult to understand really.
I'm guessing you take reading comprehension lessons from the other geezer.
Or maybe people have a different opinion than you.
Pretending City's trophies don't count isn't an opinion, it's one of the stupidest stances I've ever seen.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
For sure, I think he's replaced KDB now in terms of our most important attacker. I think today also puts the myth we're better without Haaland to bed. We're exactly the same "sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe sheet"
Is Dias injured? Ridiculous resources at the back but he doesn't quite seem the must pick he used to be, was an unused sub v Liverpool at Anfield.

Ortega on for Ederson again.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
City's trophies don't count tbh with all the cheating, charges and financial irregularities.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is Dias injured? Ridiculous resources at the back but he doesn't quite seem the must pick he used to be, was an unused sub v Liverpool at Anfield.

Ortega on for Ederson again.
Struggled for fitness all season and crocked again but I think Pep doesn't fancy him as much in all but the biggest games anyway, he prefers the others cause they're better on the ball. he's still the best defender we have but we dominate the ball and play so much slower than previous seasons that he isn't needed.