Premier League Gameweek 34-35

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Forest needed to get that double sub on five minutes earlier. Giving De Bruyne 10 yards to run into and a hobbling CB against Haaland wasn't a wise move.

Great effort but game over.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Chris Wood having a horrendous game. NFO really should’ve rewarded themselves earlier.

Pintu

10 man City score

Looks like KDB assisted a pocket of dense air. Seeing no player there must have confused the defense
The technical gap between their roster and all other teams is astonishing. Money does buy success.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Forest needed to get that double sub on five minutes earlier. Giving De Bruyne 10 yards to run into and a hobbling CB against Haaland wasn't a wise move.

Great effort but game over.
Yep. Nuno dillydallied with subbing an injured player in the first half and they had 10 men in the pitch for the opening goal.

Really annoying.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
rodri just stepped out to intercept a cut back in the box. is that allowed? would our players be able to do it?

DevilRed

I can see this city team dropping points against one of fulham/wolves/spurs, handing arsenal the initiative.

Then the title could very well be decided at OT.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Nunes is the new Kalvin: just happy to be there playing 4 minutes and 20s per week

Fooza

I can see this city team dropping points against one of fulham/wolves/spurs, handing arsenal the initiative.

I can see it too, city will drop points and Arsenal will win all their games.

wr8_utd

:'(

Spurs is the only match they're going to drop points in tbh.

Wilt

Great effort from Forest ….play like that and they’ll stay up

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Not playing well but winning, gritty away performance, typical City of recent times...

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Nunes is the new Kalvin: just happy to be there playing 4 minutes and 20s per week
Everything that is wrong with those cheats. Spent £40 mil on Kalvin. Then £60 mil on his bench replacement. Disgusting. Any other club will use an academy player in that situation.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He has already played over the double the amount of minutes Kalvin played in his entire career at City in the PL and has played more total time by 4.5 games.
The equivalent time of 15 full games this season despite his struggles.

More game time than Tomiyasu, Nketiah, and similar to Kiwor.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
He has already played over the double the amount of minutes Kalvin played in his entire career at City in the PL and has played more total time by 4.5 games.
The equivalent time of 15 full games this season despite his struggles.

More game time than Tomiyasu, Nketiah, and similar to Kiwor.
Forest, Burnley, Luton, Red Star and Young Boys are the game where he played either a good chunk or the 90 minutes.
A 60M body you play to rest your star basically: Matheus Kalvin the 2nd Nunes

padr81

Supports
Man City
Forest, Burnley, Luton, Red Star and Young Boys are the game where he played either a good chunk or the 90 minutes.
A 60M body you play to rest your star basically: Matheus Kalvin the 2nd Nunes
Haha, mentally breaking over a player who has more minutes than half your squad like this is not good at squeaky bum time. 14 Arsenal -players with more minutes than him this season, 13 outfielders. You must have a lot of Kalvins in your squad.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

Looks like it will come down to whether City beat Spurs away. The rest of their games I’d expect to win easily.

Arsenal are over their most difficult hurdle, and I honestly can’t see them dropping points away to us. We’re dire.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I really dislike this Arsenal team, and Arteta especially. City winning is just meh. Doesn’t mean much to me - it’s almost like no one is winning it. Also, I’ve never met a Man City fan in my life. They didn’t exist where I grew up.
I'm in this same boat.

wr8_utd

Looks like it will come down to whether City beat Spurs away. The rest of their games I’d expect to win easily.

Arsenal are over their most difficult hurdle, and I honestly can’t see them dropping points away to us. We’re dire.
I think people are downplaying Arsenals game at OT. I don't think we'll make it easy for them and it's not a ground they've historically done well at. I can see us getting a draw.

wr8_utd

That was us, pre Fergie. A little more respect due.
And I'd understand other fans hating us. Arsenal fans are the most unbearable, across the globe and City fans don't exist in most places so it's quite an easy choice for me really.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They were very lucky today. If they play like that again, they’ll drop points. I doubt they will, though. Surely today was a wake up call.
Feel like that's been said about them all season. They've been way below par but the experience and quality they have just helps them grind stuff out.

Mike Smalling

I think people are downplaying Arsenals game at OT. I don't think we'll make it easy for them and it's not a ground they've historically done well at. I can see us getting a draw.
It’s not impossible, and we’ve managed to squeeze out two results against Liverpool at home, although they are not as good as Arsenal. If the team and fans are really up for it, there’s an ok chance.

But we’re also incredibly challenged at both ends and Arsenal are quite effective.

Could be a fun one. Sadly we don’t really have much to lose.

wr8_utd

Feel like that's been said about them all season. They've been way below par but the experience and quality they have just helps them grind stuff out.
You do feel they'll have one dropped point in them though and given their record away to Spurs, that's the one everyone expects to be the slip up. That being said, they did finally beat Spurs away in the Cup so maybe that helps them get over their mental block.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Haha, mentally breaking over a player who has more minutes than half your squad like this is not good at squeaky bum time. 14 Arsenal -players with more minutes than him this season, 13 outfielders. You must have a lot of Kalvins in your squad.
Is it our 60M bench player has less minutes than your main core of 14 players or our 60M bench player has more minutes than :
Kiwior (15M LB cover), Nketiah (homegrown,3rd choice striker), Tomiyasu(permacrocked FB cover), Nelson (homegrown, RW cover), Partey(injured)
Vieira(30M, 3rd choice with 2 injuries), ESR (injured), Timber (ACL), Cedric and Elneny (lol) ? The others are 2 kids and Tierney on loan at RealSociedad and also perma-injured btw.
Not sure which one serves your point and is a good look having a bench filled with 60M+ players that barely contribute.
It's not squeaky bum time it's how much points will you be deducted time. Doesn't roll off the tongue but you get the idea:o

erikcred

It’s not impossible, and we’ve managed to squeeze out two results against Liverpool at home, although they are not as good as Arsenal. If the team and fans are really up for it, there’s an ok chance.

But we’re also incredibly challenged at both ends and Arsenal are quite effective.

Could be a fun one. Sadly we don’t really have much to lose.
If we start the game all guns blazing, then sure it's possible that we surprise Arsenal.

But if we're trailing by a goal with 20 mins to go or something, I expect the game to just peter out.

As long as our performance isn't embarrassing, I'm doubtful that the crowd will also be very interested in pushing us on to equalize in such a situation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

No they're not. A game at our place isn't a given. People thought Liverpool would cruise past us, and didn't. Twice.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is it our 60M bench player has less minutes than your main core of 14 players or our 60M bench player has more minutes than :
Kiwior (15M LB cover), Nketiah (homegrown,3rd choice striker), Tomiyasu(permacrocked FB cover), Nelson (homegrown, RW cover), Partey(injured)
Vieira(30M, 3rd choice with 2 injuries), ESR (injured), Timber (ACL), Cedric and Elneny (lol) ? The others are 2 kids and Tierney on loan at RealSociedad and also perma-injured btw.
Not sure which one serves your point and is a good look having a bench filled with 60M+ players that barely contribute.
It's not squeaky bum time it's how much points will you be deducted time. Doesn't roll off the tongue but you get the idea:o
I know its hard to adjust after being our feeder club last few years, we went through 40 years of it after the 70's, and the adjustment took time, it will for you guys too. The irrational anger goes away. Nice to see you guys back but I sure hope your squad, fanbase and manager are handling it better than you cause you've already broken.

Also there wasn't a single player on Cities bench today that cost £60m+ and only 3 in the first team (Grealish, Gvaridol and Rodri) but don't let any of the facts get in the way of your deluded meltdown.