Premier League Gameweek 31

Meslier has conceded more goals than any other ‘keeper in the Premier League this season

They're only 12 points behind us now with a favorable run. We have away games against Spurs and Brighton next. Top 4 potentially in danger.

Leeds just praying Leicester or Forest don’t get a few wins as they’re absolutely crap.

VAR is the catalysts for the handball madness. It’s creating so much pressure to dream up objective criteria for a decision which should always rely on the subjective opinion of an experienced referee. So the whole fecking thing is eating itself. And turning football into a farce.

Remember when we were sold VAR as a means to put an end to refereeing controversies? Yeah. Good one.

Oh I've long had it with VAR.

fecking hate it, it's not taken away any of the controversy and it's added the bonus of no longer being able to celebrate a goal in the moment anymore. It's rotten.

Leeds have only got themselves to blame, and Meslier was at fault with his positioning for the second goal.

You can handball it on the buildup as long as the ref doesn't see it. And you're assisting or assisting the assister or assisting the guy who is winning a penalty
But if you score it's a handball or if you're a defender it's a handball

Unless you're falling down, so If there's a shot you can dive down to balance yourself and save it with your hand so it's not a handball.

Think that is it :lol:

I don't think that's true if it's intentional. There was a goal against Barca last month that was ruled out for a handball before the halfway line.

FFS. “Only” 12 points behind with 8 games left. We’re doomed. Liverpool win every single one of their remaining games and we lose both those matches you mention and we’d still be 6 points ahead of them. When did you become such a drama queen?
Also we are third. Spurs might be wetting themselves over their EL place.

Sander Westerveld is punditting (is that a verb?) on Dutch TV and even he says the 1-0 should've been disallowed.

They're only 12 points behind us now with a favorable run. We have away games against Spurs and Brighton next. Top 4 potentially in danger.
They won’t catch us but can definitely see them finishing 4th.

:lol:

there will be some on here who actually think this

Won't ever forget the covid season where the nutcases on here were desperate for us to cancel Henderson's loan because apparently fecking Sheffield were our rivals for top 4.

They won’t catch us but can definitely see them finishing 4th.
Nah I think any competent team they come against this season and they shit the bed, I just can't see them picking up enough points to do it, even if the likes of spurs ahead are shit too. They've left themselves to much to do.

Won't ever forget the covid season where the nutcases on here were desperate for us to cancel Henderson's loan because apparently fecking Sheffield were our rivals for top 4.
:lol: ah yeh I remember, the caf delivers some proper gold nuggets sometimes

Good job they can't catch Arsenal. If city get a points deduction they will finish 2nd with the easy run in.

I don't think that's true if it's intentional. There was a goal against Barca last month that was ruled out for a handball before the halfway line.
I should have added the caveat that it's all subjective whether the ref thinks it's intentional or not given the TAA one looked intentional but as the ref didn't give it, var were like nah were cool

That's a great finish. A lot of people would hit that straight at allisson

Yeah their run in couldn't be much better on paper. Newcastle should just get over the line.
That's just it though, on paper. As I said above once they play any competent team they shit the bed. I think they're to far back now. Can't see us and Newcastle dropping that many points for them to get in there.

Surprised VAR haven’t called that back for a made up foul on Konate.