Premier League Gameweek 31

Arsenal play some gorgeous football, direct, penetrative, great tempo and urgency.

Unfortunately I think that City are going to overhaul them but I respect what they have done this season.

Should be game over. Hope Arsenal uses the rest of this game to improve their GD to put pressure on our noisy neighbor.

Feels like Arsenal always start games so well. They are never put in a position to be nervy.

It's embarassing how shite the bottom 6ish are this year. I've said it before but feck me, they're charging £50+ for you to go and watch them put in sunday league defending week after week.

Is there any other team in the league that starts games stronger than arse? Pretty amazing, attacking from the first second.

Cresswell is not Premier League quality. Why is he starting against the best right winger in the league?

West Ham have picked up 4 points in their reverse fixtures against the teams they have left to face.

It’s great football but West Ham have been appalling, hard to see how they persist with Moyes if players aren’t even trying.

80% of PL teams have not even tried to participate in their games vs Arsenal this season

This is the feeling I have everytime I watch Arsenal this year. None of our games feel this easy against these teams, like they don't even try against the Gooners. I don't feel like Arsenal play any revolutionary good football, it's good don't get me wrong but not amazing.

Niceee..
Is it bad that I'm rooting for Arsenal? :nervous:

Not at all. Proper football club who have developed their team beautifully, going against an absurdly overpowered City team who had so much depth of quality they were able to give Arsenal 2 of their best players this season and still improve

This is a top 8 squad. Imagine what they could have achieved if they did a Villa and got Emery.

Thing with West Ham, they have had a reasonable couple of seasons, but really haven't done anything to strengthen the squad to progress.

80% of PL teams have not even tried to participate in their games vs Arsenal this season
When you’ve got such silky players then they can pick you off from the first minute.

The lesser top teams in the league, like ourselves, don’t really get going until the 2nd half when the opposition are more tired and therefore there is more space and errors in control, passing etc. are lessened.

Arsenal have been so good this season at just killing off potentially tricky games early doors.

Brighton now have a more than decent chance to nick a top-4 spot. I can only see 3 matches where I would not consider Brighton big favourites - and that is us at home and Arsenal and Villa away. It's hard but not impossible for Brighton to pick up 18-19 points from their final 9 games. The scary thing is that - that referee blunder last week could cause Brighton to miss top-4

I am not going to say that Spurs blew their chances today - but they have by far the toughest fixtures left. Newcastle away, us at home, Liverpool away. resurgent Palace at home and then Villa away. And I just cant see a top-4 finish if Spurs drop more than 6 or 7 points from their last 7 games - and even then it would be hard.
Brighton now have a more than decent chance to nick a top-4 spot. I can only see 3 matches where I would not consider Brighton big favourites - and that is us at home and Arsenal and Villa away. It's hard but not impossible for Brighton to pick up 18-19 points from their final 9 games. The scary thing is that - that referee blunder last week could cause Brighton to miss top-4

I am not going to say that Spurs blew their chances today - but they have by far the toughest fixtures left. Newcastle away, us at home, Liverpool away. resurgent Palace at home and then Villa away. And I just cant see a top-4 finish if Spurs drop more than 6 or 7 points from their last 7 games - and even then it would be hard.
Every season people make predictions based on who teams have left to play, and every season sides fighting to stay up make a mockery of these predictions.
Only difference is that this season we have more sides fighting for survival than I can ever remember at this stage of the season and I am an FoC

This is the feeling I have everytime I watch Arsenal this year. None of our games feel this easy against these teams, like they don't even try against the Gooners. I don't feel like Arsenal play any revolutionary good football, it's good don't get me wrong but not amazing.
We're nowhere near as good as this Arsenal team. That's why they make it look easy and we don't.

West Ham's squad looks like a clusterfeck of styles after the moves they made in the summer.

They look absolutely lost out there.

Interesting to see Tierney trying to play like Zinchenko. Really hope we can convince him to stay another season

We're nowhere near as good as this Arsenal team. That's why they make it look easy and we don't.

I didn't say that? I just don't feel like this Arsenal team is anything remarkably special, just a clinically good team.

Real shame West Ham aren't really in danger of being relegated - the shite they've served-up this season is worthy of the drop. Shows how bad the rest of the strugglers are.

It's embarassing how shite the bottom 6ish are this year. I've said it before but feck me, they're charging £50+ for you to go and watch them put in sunday league defending week after week.
West Ham have conceded just 2 more than United :nervous: