Premier League Gameweek 31

I thought you were only allowed to make 5 subs via 3 actual stoppages in the play? So like 2, 2, 1, but not on 4 or 5 separate occasions?
I made the same mistake a while back. Half time does not count as one of the three.

Leicester should be winning this 4-3, better team lost, lucky Pep

Pep trusting youth for half an hour (Cole Palmer) and they turn into the dog and duck 11 in second half. Interesting in the run in Rico Lewis seems to have completely disappeared unless he's injured.

Arsenal need to be warming up the lasagne for wherever Man. City have their evening meal on Tuesday 25th April.

Should've been 3-3 everyone talks about city's squad depth, but you take De bryne Haaland Rodri out of that team it's a different ball game.

Messi should win it. He's about to win 3 trophies this season, and he has more G/A than Haaland, despite playing in an injury-hit PSG team. Messi is outperforming Haaland by stats and ratings every match. The only thing that Haaland has over Messi is goals, but he's playing in a super Man City team.

Messi played in the French league. Those stats are easier to come by

Should've been 3-3 everyone talks about city's squad depth, but you take De bryne Haaland Rodri out of that team it's a different ball game.
Pep tried to be too clever by not subbing Ake, Gundogan in. Instead he subbed in players who are not proven at this level like the two youngsters. Kalvin Phillips was a seasoned pro brought in by spending a sizable fee and had under 300 minutes for City all season!

That's the luxury almost no other club enjoy.

Brighton now have a more than decent chance to nick a top-4 spot. I can only see 3 matches where I would not consider Brighton big favourites - and that is us at home and Arsenal and Villa away. It's hard but not impossible for Brighton to pick up 18-19 points from their final 9 games. The scary thing is that - that referee blunder last week could cause Brighton to miss top-4

I am not going to say that Spurs blew their chances today - but they have by far the toughest fixtures left. Newcastle away, us at home, Liverpool away. resurgent Palace at home and then Villa away. And I just cant see a top-4 finish if Spurs drop more than 6 or 7 points from their last 7 games - and even then it would be hard.

Brighton now have a more than decent chance to nick a top-4 spot. I can only see 3 matches where I would not consider Brighton big favourites - and that is us at home and Arsenal and Villa away. It's hard but not impossible for Brighton to pick up 18-19 points from their final 9 games. The scary thing is that - that referee blunder last week could cause Brighton to miss top-4
They have City at home and Newcastle away too. They aren’t big favourites in those games.

I think that I mentioned that in my post, didn't I?
Yep I agree with you, but felt that point needed to be further emphasized whenever someone questions your owners about lack of investment (ie falling for BR's PR). It was also poor investment that led to the current situation, which begs the question whether or not the FA cup was worth the mess he left behind.

Maddison should be an obvious pickup if Leicester get relegated. Will finally allow us to rest Bruno or drop him if his form collapses again.

Can’t quite believe Chelsea’s epic decline - Lampard is really reinforcing why he was dismissed in his first stint. Imagine having to face Real next on the back of such woeful form.

Maddison should be an obvious pickup if Leicester get relegated. Will finally allow us to rest Bruno or drop him if his form collapses again.
Maddison is leaving this Summer regardless of relegation. He has one year left on his contract & is not renewing... Apparently Newcastle & Tottenham are the frontrunners !!

If Spurs also lose or draw to Newcastle next weekend it's done. No way we are bottling a 4 or 5 point lead with 2 games in hand to this Spurs team, even with our injuries and lack of stability.
we still have to go to Spurs... and Brighton. Certainly not a done deal - and our goal difference is inferior to both: a big win against Forest would help: no real excuse for not getting that despite the injuries. Also still have to play Villa and Fulham

Maddison is leaving this Summer regardless of relegation. He has one year left on his contract & is not renewing... Apparently Newcastle & Tottenham are the frontrunners !!
If Leicester get relegated they won't be able to keep him for cheap at least. They will lose a lot of bargaining power you'd think on fees. I can see him and Rice ending up at Newcastle.

I was in the away end at City-Leicester yesterday (younger brother is a Leicester fan), and my fecking God the Etihad is such a lifeless ground.

Even putting aside the empty seat jokes, I'm not sure I've been to another ground that felt as soulless as that. St Mary's was the only other one with a comparably limp atmosphere.

Just hoping for no weird mistakes at the back and a comfortable win. If it needs to end then let it be at the Etihad, not against fecking Moyes or Newcastle...

If Arse have fear of losing out on GD, it's days like today where they need to pump it up.

I hope Arsenal to keep the title race alive until the very end so at least make City lose some focus in CL (in the next round). I don't have preference of who to win PL this year., but no Treble for our noisy neighbor though.

So don't mess up now.

Arsenal looks nervy while West Ham is being very physical and ref looks to be very lenient so far