Premier League Gameweek 23

Tyler and Neville pussing out of the City accusations.

Nevilles more than fecking happy to stick it to United, Liverpool and Arsenal for proposed Super League move, but City allegedly cheating the system is too far.

I don’t doubt you but with the greatest of respect, why on earth are you browsing redcafe at half time in the Etihad :lol:
Hold on, you're a City fan, currently at City's match, and you're... posting on RedCafe? I get that this is a great forum and all, but really??
The question is: Does he have s Red Manc rag friend, you know, the one he puts notch or two down while everybody around laughs.

What cat?
Be warned, you won't be able to unsee it for the rest of your days...

SEC-136034610-ad83.jpg

Fair few on here were up for dropping £50m on John McGinn a couple of years ago.

Can someone please explain to me what was soooooo urgent for us to play our missing games in midweek while most of the league don't ? Really can't understand that

What you mean?

Arsenal Man City is literally on Champions League evening, there ain't no room for any more games and we have basically half a season left while we are in February.

I'm pretty sure its not only them 2 but also Newcastle

Last edited:
Comfortable 1st half, shockingly poor 2nd half. Fully asleep.

Can someone please explain to me what was soooooo urgent for us to play our missing games in midweek while most of the league don't ? Really can't understand that
What you mean?

Arsenal Man City is literally on Champions League evening, there ain't no room for any more games and we have basically half a season left while we are in February.

We're playing an extra round in the Europa League and midweeks in the future need to be kept open in case we go further while we're still in the FA Cup and in the League Cup final. Even with those missing games in midweek it might be difficult to fit all of our games in.

I'm sure you scream your head off at OT don't you?
Eh?
I think you're missing the point that no one believes you were at the game whilst commenting on RedCafe, signal is horrendous before and after the game at football grounds, let alone in the middle of a match :lol:

I think you're missing the point that no one believes you were at the game whilst commenting on RedCafe, signal is horrendous before and after the game at football grounds, let alone in the middle of a match :lol:
I'll upload my e ticket for the game if I can work out the tech and the mods allow it if you like?

:lol:

You are a strange one
Maybe but I'm a true fan who attended his first match at Maine Rd in 1969 and still attends virtually all home League matches today.
I went regularly when we were in the third tier in 98/99.
I enjoy debating football with opposing fans and that's why I'm here.

Confidence, better midfield/team around him, better coaching, entering his prime … I think a combination of all of those factors. Does feel different to his other purple patches, obviously he’s not gonna keep these numbers up but I think he’s going to cement himself as the best LW in the league in the coming seasons.

It’s certainly been lovely to see. He’s a player a really, really like. Obviously wish he didn’t play for United, but Rashford is a unique person, important for the culture and a genuine gem off the pitch, it’s nice to see he’s got his mojo back on the pitch. Some fans were getting on his back a bit last season.

:lol::lol:

How can a cat look more like Phil Foden than Phil Foden looks like Phil Foden :nervous:

I'm at the game. I don't know what you're hearing on your sofa but I can assure you that it's really noisy here. The events of the last few days have lit a fire under everyone at the club and I think you'll see us at our best as a result.
Maybe but I'm a true fan who attended his first match at Maine Rd in 1969 and still attends virtually all home League matches today.
I went regularly when we were in the third tier in 98/99.
I enjoy debating football with opposing fans and that's why I'm here.

That big banner today about the lawyer was a bit daft don’t you think?

Why isn't Haaland not on it. Mahrez is shite at penalties.

So strange. Pep teams do weird things

Pep confirmed that Haaland is the penalty taker at City. Gundogan made a on-pitch call to let Mahrez take the penalty.

No idea whatsoever if it indicates that theres some kind of squad trouble, but was interesting that Pep made that comment.

Edit: Rodri commented this after the game:

Speaking about the incident to Sky Sports, Rodri explained: “It was clear, and the captain decides, I have to accept the decision. He just said Riyad is the normal shooter, but I just asked because I was filled with confidence in that moment, but I understand and accept the decision. I don’t know [if Erling Haaland should have taken it], it depends on the coach who decides before the game, and it was Riyad.

Sounds like Gundogan does not fancy Haaland to the be man from the penalty spot, despite being 4 for 4 in the Prem so far. Perhaps there are cracks forming in that player group.

Last edited:
Pep confirmed that Haaland is the penalty taker at City. Gundogan made a on-pitch call to let Mahrez take the penalty.

No idea whatsoever if it indicates that theres some kind of squad trouble, but was interesting that Pep made that comment.

Edit: Rodri commented this after the game:

Speaking about the incident to Sky Sports, Rodri explained: “It was clear, and the captain decides, I have to accept the decision. He just said Riyad is the normal shooter, but I just asked because I was filled with confidence in that moment, but I understand and accept the decision. I don’t know [if Erling Haaland should have taken it], it depends on the coach who decides before the game, and it was Riyad.

Sounds like Gundogan does not fancy Haaland to the be man from the penalty spot, despite being 4 for 4 in the Prem so far. Perhaps there are cracks forming in that player group.

Or Mahrez is just the penalty taker and they were given to Erling while Mahrez was out of form.