Premier League Festive Season

So I gather yet again that united supporters are rooting for the oil machine to come back in this. Rather than a team with young players with determination all because of the smallest of chances the Liverpool might get a small ray of hope. Come on now
Oh no! Anyway

So I gather yet again that united supporters are rooting for the oil machine to come back in this. Rather than a team with young players with determination all because of the smallest of chances the Liverpool might get a small ray of hope. Come on now
City will win the league regardless of the result here. It's more for keeping Arsenal out of 4th place. Couldn't give a shit about Liverpool.

Arsenal have improved since they got rid of aubameyang who offered nothing. We need to do the same with our older more experienced players. No reason a 36 year old should be playing this much.

What could really hurt them is the fact that Partey is leaving for the CAN in a few days and he's been a key aspect of their newly found form.
That and Martinelli and Saka haven’t picked up their routine injuries yet. I like Odegaard though top player.

Why is that a tough concept to understand?

On second viewing, it looks like it was a penalty to Arsenal.

I know but this Arsenal side seem to have a good mentality with some very good young players and something seems to have clicked. But if this form continues over the next couple of months should we move from them being a decent side in good form to a good team full stop?

Well yeah, but they won't.

Missed most of the first half. Did VAR check that pen decision? It was a pen all day on the replay.

VAR did check it and seemed to look at it for quite a while. I have to admit that from the replays that were shown, I wasn't convinced either way. I think (at the time) the decision for no penalty was a fair one.

Arsenal have improved since they got rid of aubameyang who offered nothing. We need to do the same with our older more experienced players. No reason a 36 year old should be playing this much.
Shhh. Someone will post a 2 minute compilation of a striker making basic forward runs

The way this league works, you're guaranteed nothing unless you work for it. Regardless of how well Arsenal are playing or what City, Chelsea, etc are doing, United/we are going to have to work for it anyway. Realistically, both us and Arsenal are still quite a way off challenging for the league. Neither of us have the consistency anywhere near nailed down where it needs to be.
Let the game finish first

On second viewing, it looks like it was a penalty to Arsenal.
it took far too many replays to be able to see it.

VAR quite rightly saved that one off

We're in a top 4 battle with Arsenal? Crazy post.

Not only losing at half time but no shot on target for City against Arsenal. Did Peps side celebrate New Years eve a little to much last night?

What a shit feeling. I should "support" City in this game without question (keeping Liverpool out of winning title and Arsenal of top 4 spot) but i was happy when Arsenal scored. It is so hard to support Pep and Shitty

VAR did check it and seemed to look at it for quite a while. I have to admit that from the replays that were shown, I wasn't convinced either way. I think (at the time) the decision for no penalty was a fair one.

The BT presenter said because it was a pen on slow mo and the ref doesn't have access to slo mo in real time then VAR would have concluded he couldn't have made a clear and obvious error.

This cannot be the rationale these clowns are using, can it? If so it's an absolute farce.

Well yeah, but they won't.
I agree they probably won't but stranger things have happened. There is the base of a good team there though and i think in order for them to make the next step they'll need to get a higher caliber manager to do so.

Commentator seems surprised a clearly fair tackle wasn't given as a foul. Odd.

Unfortunately, we're in a position hoping for a City win.

It helps stop Liverpool from winning the league and Arsenal losing helps United competing for the top four.

i can’t help but want to see us close the gap though, I hate being this far adrift of the top 3, with Liverpool and Chelsea playing each other tomorrow it’s a chance for us to close the gap a little. I still think city will win league