Premier League Festive Season

The way this league works, you're guaranteed nothing unless you work for it. Regardless of how well Arsenal are playing or what City, Chelsea, etc are doing, United/we are going to have to work for it anyway. Realistically, both us and Arsenal are still quite a way off challenging for the league. Neither of us have the consistency anywhere near nailed down where it needs to be.

Good to see Arsenal's core philosophy gradually returning. Dominating top class sides with young players.

Hopefully we continue like this.

Defensively arsenal look so solid! Unlike us with trainwreck Harry and matip lookalike varane.

So they are in a bit of form and young lads are running their balls off, we haven’t even started playing yet and have two games in hand still along season to go.

No, they're not in "a bit of form", they actually found a cohesive way to play without Aubam. It's not as if they were bailed out by young lads overperforming, they actually play like a team for weeks now. There's no guarantee it'll last but it's just not a lucky streak when you look at their display on the pitch. They play well.

I can't remember the last time I saw United dominate a big team like Arsenal have done to City today. Maybe the 4-2 win against City under Van Gaal.

The energy and intensity coming from Saka and Martinelli is in theory what we should be getting from Rashford and Sancho...similar players, age, ability...but our lads just look like they play the game differently.

have to say Arteta has done a great job of turning it around at Arsenal.

That was a brilliant first half

Completely different scenarios. They are in their best run of the season, we were at rock bottom
I know but this Arsenal side seem to have a good mentality with some very good young players and something seems to have clicked. But if this form continues over the next couple of months should we move from them being a decent side in good form to a good team full stop?

Arsenal have looked very good. But I also think some perspective is needed. All the top 3 have found it hard to sustain their level during the festive season.

No, they're not in "a bit of form", they actually found a cohesive way to play without Aubam. It's not as if they were bailed out by young lads overperforming, they actually play like a team for weeks now. There's no guarantee it'll last but it's just not a lucky streak when you look at their display on the pitch. They play well.
Didn’t say they weren’t playing well but I still see them putting in massive effort to achieve it will they sustain these levels for much longer? We’ll have to wait and see..

So I gather yet again that united supporters are rooting for the oil machine to come back in this. Rather than a team with young players with determination all because of the smallest of chances the Liverpool might get a small ray of hope. Come on now

So I gather yet again that united supporters are rooting for the oil machine to come back in this. Rather than a team with young players with determination all because of the smallest of chances the Liverpool might get a small ray of hope. Come on now
Yes.

United fans hoping for arsenal win?? Come on now.

No one cares for Liverpool.

We care for Top 4 and that the hatred for Arsenal is bubbling up again.

Absolutely. Scouse prick.

Also so we can finish 4th? Slightly disingenuous post.

What is it with posters lately so worried about who we are supporting?

The energy and intensity coming from Saka and Martinelli is in theory what we should be getting from Rashford and Sancho...similar players, age, ability...but our lads just look like they play the game differently.

Yep, they have a real good intensity and work-ethic. Smith-Rowe and Odegaard too. They all seem like team-first, low ego players.

In fairness, I think Sancho's shown similar in recent weeks. Rashford not at all, for a long time.

Been on the 'Arsenal are getting worringly decent' train for a while. :(

You're clearly not a liverpool fan are you!

Didn’t say they weren’t playing well but I still see them putting in massive effort to achieve it will they sustain these levels for much longer? We’ll have to wait and see..

What could really hurt them is the fact that Partey is leaving for the CAN in a few days and he's been a key aspect of their newly found form.

Arsenal are showing real grit and desire here. Imagine if our players actually played like they wanted to be there? Night and day

A team “with young players with determination”. Swoon…

Feck Arsenal. We won’t win the league. We’re competing with them for a CL slot. Any United fan who doesn’t want Arsenal to lose (or, at least, not win) needs to give their head a wobble.

Naw I don’t mind seeing Arsenal win, feck City..

Well, there's also the small matter of United needing to get into the top 4 and an Arsenal win doesn't exactly help us.

You gather good.