Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

I know it's always going to happen, but people really should stop getting worked up and reading so much in to these pre-season games. They're meaningless as far as results go.

Ugh. Two very soft goals, but we've been punished for not taking the initiative. Need to get some semblance of control over the game.

Memphis still doesn't look like his head is in it.

Any time he loses the ball or cant reach it he looks depressed as feck and instantly uninterested.

Looks like he's had a lazy summer too. They all looks abit off the pace but he looks slow.

We're not playing great but Dortmund are pretty lackluster too.

I hope Dortmund take it easy because it's a friendly. They look absolutely miles ahead of us physically and it could get embarrassing if they try and rack up a big win.

Ppl were over the moon from the first Bailly's performance but so far in terms of passing he's really disappointing. It's a bit worrying if he starts with Smalling, we need a real playmaker there then in midfield.. Pogba is not playmaker either, hopefully Jose knows what he's doing, Bonucci would fix the problem partly... that's just first thoughts

He receives terrible passes under pressure, Herrera and Valencia in particular are just getting rid of the ball in his direction.

meh... pre-seasons mean nothing. Barca had a horrible pre-season last year, they were even destroyed by Bilbao

fecking hell, Valencia didn't cover himself in glory for their 1st goal and gives away the pen for their 2nd

It will be a travesty if Mourinho is still manager after this abomination of a game.

After all these years, I fail to see the point of these tours. The crowd don't get to see the players they expect, the team that turns out is devoid of anyone who played in the Euros/WC and it's miles from home so the players have to adapt to at least two long flights. I nkow the club makes money but blah blah. I'd hoped they were a thing of the past after Fergie exploded when Scholes got sent off in one and was banned for the start of the seasonn the games are mega dull

Dortmund are about three games ahead of us in preseason but both of those goals were insanely sloppy

Its funny reading this thread. People throwing their toys out in the first pre-season game.

Heard Paddy say "well played Bailly" and heard it as "well played by" and was waiting for a name.