Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

I know it's only a pre-season game but Memphis looks so slow

Well, Dortmund are on their 5th game so obviously not.

Does playing some friendlies against lower league side where the entire team gets subbed at half time really signify such a huge difference?

Yes the result doesnt matter. Its all about testing as a team and seeing individual weaknesses or strenghts.

The result doesn't matter to us being a Europa League side but the embarrassment will be mighty if Dortmund don't win.

Dortmund began their pre season preparations on 4th of July, and United on July 7th?! So both teams should be at similar points in their schedule.
Heard someone say this is Dortmund's 5th game?

Why is Lingard on the pitch? I've posted this so many times but will have to repeat myself in stating that he offers very little as a forward. He's one footed, weak, cant beat a man and is today highlighting once again how poor of a finisher he is.

Needs to work harder on the training ground instead of posting silly dabbing videos on social media. Should be shipped out whilst we can still command a decent fee for him.

It's not a balanced midfield from United.

No real holding player seems to favour energy in this game.

Does playing some friendlies against lower league side where the entire team gets subbed at half time really signify such a huge difference?

It tells you that the schedule isn't the same.

If you can't see the difference between 5 games and 2 games then I'm not sure it's worth discussing it.

Johnston was excellent last preseason. One mistake and it's al forgotten. Christ!

It will be odd seeing him wear the United matchday suit.

I hope he doesn't opt for trackies.

I hope its a stipulation that the suit must be worn. Its the type of tradition that sets us apart.

I noticed when he was announced he was suited, tie on....smartest I have ever seen him.

As Scholesy says, he's at a proper football club now

Yes the result doesnt matter. Its all about testing as a team and seeing individual weaknesses or strenghts.
That said, winning is still what any fan (and likely player/staff) would prefer. :p

To less structure from both sides on both side of the pitch. Its really a friendly/testgame.

Why is Lingard on the pitch? I've posted this so many times but will have to repeat myself in stating that he offers very little as a forward. He's one footed, weak, cant beat a man and is today highlighting once again how poor of a finisher he is.

Needs to work harder on the training ground instead of posting silly dabbing videos on social media. Should be shipped out whilst we can still command a decent fee for him.

what have you said about depay?