Pre-Season Friendlies 2024

This version of Liverpool is more boring than Tuchel ball. Slot has gutted the vertical play.

It is preseason, but damn this is dull

I like that Slot is involved on the sidelines yelling and waving his arms about. I was a little worried he would be dour and quiet on the bench. No one likes that in a coach.

No one at the bindipper game. Surprising, I thought Betis were usually well supported

No one at the bindipper game. Surprising, I thought Betis were usually well supported
There were 43,000 fans there. All Liverpool fans and set a record for football watched in Pittsburgh. Not too bad. You’re like the back pages of the papers, just make crap up to see if it sticks. In other words, those weren’t empty yellow seats. They were supporters wearing last year’s goalie replica jerseys on a giveaway. That’s what I’m going with.

Last edited:
There were 43,000 fans there. All Liverpool fans and set a record for football watched in Pittsburgh. Not too bad. You’re like the back pages of the papers, just make crap up to see if it sticks. In other words, those weren’t empty yellow seats. They were supporters wearing last year’s goalie replica jerseys on a giveaway. That’s what I’m going with.

Is that what they were? :lol:

Always knew that gk kit was a smash.

Nice little 2-1 loss vs Salford today! Our U-21 players are really poor quality.

Celtic destroying the English teams. If Chelsea play like this next season they’re getting demolished every game.

Chelsea have Reece James playing centre mid?

Did Maresca watch "Trent" for England and get ideas? :lol:

Matt O'Rileys goal was a lovely finish after a nice team move. Him and hatate ran the match first half. Is this Chelseas first team?

Missing Palmer, Caicedo, Enzo, Jackson. It’s also Fofana and Lavia’s first few appearances after being out for 12 months. James too to an extent. Still rather poor defensively, and the pitch is bloody awful as usual in America.

Missing Palmer, Caicedo, Enzo, Jackson. It’s also Fofana and Lavia’s first few appearances after being out for 12 months. James too to an extent. Still rather poor defensively, and the pitch is bloody awful as usual in America.
I would assume Chelsea will actually run when the league begins. Boys at the back look like still on beach. I know only a friendly but very disrespectful to your fans who have paid money to attend.

Chelsea have Reece James playing centre mid?

Did Maresca watch "Trent" for England and get ideas? :lol:
Did you get that off Google? I'm not watching today's game but they did the same during their previous game as well and I don't think he was playing Center Mid. Probably wouldn't trust it but ill let Chelsea fans confirm.

They did look bad defensively last game against Wrexham though.

Did you get that off Google? I'm not watching today's game but they did the same during their previous game as well and I don't think he was playing Center Mid. Probably wouldn't trust it but ill let Chelsea fans confirm.

Not centre mid in the traditional sense but he’s definitely inverting from RB so he’s basically spending most of his time in midfield.

Not centre mid in the traditional sense but he’s definitely inverting from RB so he’s basically spending most of his time in midfield.
Oh yea, I definitely saw that inverting thing but wouldn't put him down as playing centre mid like how Trent did for England.

Yeah, watched a few minutes of the game as well and he was popping up centrally quite a bit. But yeah, likely just inverting in possession as you suggest.

That google lineup also had Mudryk and Madueke as wingbacks which doesn't seem very likely at all.

It’s worth noting this is Celtic’s 5th preseason game vs our 2nd game. The difference in fitness and match sharpness is pretty stark.

Chelsea are so bad. Their final ball is awful. Mid table finish for them next season

It’s worth noting this is Celtic’s 5th preseason game vs our 2nd game. The difference in fitness and match sharpness is pretty stark.
The difference in final ball is worlds apart.

Electric storm just started in Florida game against West Ham is due to start at midnight
Pitch is waterlogged

Some unlucky bounces at crucial moments too tbf. Should have been 2-0 inside 10 mins.
Ye you started of the better team but after the first 10 mins it was all Celtic. Dunno how you still have Sterling. Such a poor player

Better second half at least. Tosin looks way more composed and assured than Fofana on first viewing.

Ye you started of the better team but after the first 10 mins it was all Celtic. Dunno how you still have Sterling. Such a poor player

Between Mudryk, Sterling and Tyrique George, the young teenager has shown the most quality so far.

Electric storm just started in Florida game against West Ham is due to start at midnight
Pitch is waterlogged

A Wolves vs West Ham friendly in the pissing rain in a 70k seat stadium 6000 miles away from anybody who could possibly give a shit.

Sounds like the perfect formula for covid levels of empty seats if the game goes ahead at all.