PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 27 October 2024

Losing to one of the worst, most disorganised teams in the league is a whole new achievement.
Usually West Ham away is a tough game. The huge worry is they're not a tough game this season, yet we've yet again lost a game in London.

Usually West Ham away is a tough game. The huge worry is they're not a tough game this season, yet we've yet again lost a game in London.
Nah, should be a three pointer every time. They have been atrocious this season too, which makes this an embarrassing result. Chelsea destroyed them.

Nah, should be a three pointer every time. They have been atrocious this season too, which makes this an embarrassing result. Chelsea destroyed them.
We lose there fairly frequently. Even to Moyes once!

Worst board in the league.
Worst manager in the league.
Worst minority shareholder in the league.
Worst scorers in the league.

As if our poisoned club has got worse. feck off BREXIT Jim Glazer.

feck off INEOS.

I keep hearing this. Then stats against "teams in London". What bleeding difference does it make the city it happens in?

We had a decent record at The London Stadium until ten Hag took over.

West Ham 0-2 Man Utd - Mourinho
West Ham 0-0 Man Utd - Mourinho
West Ham 3-1 Man Utd - Mourinho
West Ham 2-0 Man Utd - Ole
West Ham 1-3 Man Utd - Ole
West Ham 1-2 Man Utd - Ole
West Ham 1-0 Man Utd - ten Hag
West Ham 2-0 Man Utd - ten Hag
West Ham 2-1 Man Utd - ten Hag

3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats.

Discussing the penalty as part of the result is just pointless. That we barely manage to scrape a draw against West Ham is horrendous enough, losing on top of it barely changes how bad that is. This has to end now.

And yet he will. Fake penalty and all that. Also complete lack of desire to pay him off, from INEOS
INEOS should be more concerned that he has no real interest in playing €50 million rated Ugarte.

Sacking him would have cost a fraction of that investment.

We had a decent record at The London Stadium until ten Hag took over.

West Ham 0-2 Man Utd - Mourinho
West Ham 0-0 Man Utd - Mourinho
West Ham 3-1 Man Utd - Mourinho
West Ham 2-0 Man Utd - Ole
West Ham 1-3 Man Utd - Ole
West Ham 1-2 Man Utd - Ole
West Ham 1-0 Man Utd - ten Hag
West Ham 2-0 Man Utd - ten Hag
West Ham 2-1 Man Utd - ten Hag

3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats.

Depressing that this is what constitutes a good record for us now :(

Do our whole squad not do shooting practice? Because that's how it looks.
It looks like we have two forwards too young to guarantee goals and one out of position and out of form. We knew we needed a better centre forward and we bought ... Zirkzee? Why?

If we've made a policy decision to develop talent then fine. But that takes a long time and needs brilliant coaching and scouting. Perhaps time will prove me wrong but we don't seem to have either.

People talking about Qatar coming in and saving the day over Ineos are talking rubbish.
We have been losing money in the last few years and things are tight with PSR.
The only way Qatar would have saved the day is by cheating like city or Chelsea.
We have brought in top football people above the manager, it’s time for them to act.
We will have to box very clever with recruitment over the next 10 months if we want to make the improvements needed, and that starts with the head coach.

Do our whole squad not do shooting practice? Because that's how it looks.
It’s not about shooting practice , it’s about intensity. Too many players are lax too often. Any properly motivated team would have destroyed West Ham. It’s too easy to blame Michael Oliver.

Just saw the highlights.. man that penalty was a joke.

However, we shouldn't be in a position of such vulnerability to West Ham.

Even if the penalty wasn't given, the result would have only been 1-1.. another draw.

It looks like we have two forwards too young to guarantee goals and one out of position and out of form. We knew we needed a better centre forward and we bought ... Zirkzee? Why?

If we've made a policy decision to develop talent then fine. But that takes a long time and needs brilliant coaching and scouting. Perhaps time will prove me wrong but we don't seem to have either.
Should have bought Chris Wood haha imagine the Caf reaction to that

INEOS should be more concerned that he has no real interest in playing €50 million rated Ugarte.

Sacking him would have cost a fraction of that investment.

To be fair I think he just wants Ugarte to get up to speed with the Premiership and probably thought away to West Ham after the European game wasn't the way to do that. I think that's reasonable logic.

Just saw the highlights.. man that penalty was a joke.

However, we shouldn't be in a position of such vulnerability to West Ham.

Even if the penalty wasn't given, the result would have only been 1-1.. another draw.
I’ve only seen it on here why is it a joke he kicks the West Ham player?

To be fair I think he just wants Ugarte to get up to speed with the Premiership and probably thought away to West Ham after the European game wasn't the way to do that. I think that's reasonable logic.
How's he going to get up to speed without playing? Against a shite team like West Ham would've been an ideal time to play

How's he going to get up to speed without playing? Against a shite team like West Ham would've been an ideal time to play

Rotation makes sense. The deeper issue is if he doesn't see Ugarte doing a job against most teams. He's the shut up shop sub when you're winning or the park the bus player away to good teams. Which is pretty limiting.

Training matches, home matches, cup matches.. rest days..

Ugarte will come good.

IMO the main problem we have is that we simply cannot rely on our senior players to provide a stabile foundation. We get these new players in and they immediately need to deliver else they're written off because we're so desperate for improvement.

At this point I think we need a major cull of basically everyone over £150k.. Rashford, Bruno, Eriksen, Case, Maguire.. just get rid and accept this is gonna be a loooooong road back.

Why all the negative comments?
West Ham are one of our nearest rivals in the League nowadays. Losing 2-1 away against on of our nearest rivals is disappointing but not the end of the world.
We still have Everton, Leicester and Crystal Palace to play again.

I hear this every week and he always stays

I don’t think he’ll be sacked tbh

well if he isn't sacked then the higher ups have given up on this season because you can clearly see we aren't going to improve under his leadership

taht said...been screwed twice recently with VAR and you really can't regulate for Dalot missing a sitter and just how much we struggle in front of goal

Player Ratings

Provisional results
4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 109 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd