PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

Bobski

Respects to Mourinho, the only manager that can consistently pull out victories when the whole world thinks you cant.
Don't get the hype over this Liverpool, James Milner was their midfield playmaker in 2018, flanked by Can and Chamberlain, kid at RB, Lovren, shit keeper. Spurs are a better team, far more balanced, even with their flaws.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Don't get the hype over this Liverpool, James Milner was their midfield playmaker in 2018, flanked by Can and Chamberlain, kid at RB, Lovren, shit keeper. Spurs are a better team, far more balanced, even with their flaws.
I think Jose reminded us all they are 3 guys up top, you stop them and no one else seems to step up.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Well that felt quite good. :devil: The bestest attack in all the world couldn't even create a decent chance in 98min of football.. I'm not the biggest fan of defensive football but that was beautiful! The last three PL games have been the best three wins of the season so far.

desmondisback

I'm waiting to see what the negative nellies on this forum will write about that match.
They'll probably want Jose sacked!

I'll admit it was a great result and always fantastic to beat them lot. However , when is it exactly that those who still don't like Jose have official permission to say anything?

You see , if we say anything after a bad result or bad performance then you would accuse us of " taking advantage of a defeat" or say " you have only been waiting for a defeat to jump on Jose's back" ?

Presumably this means that the anti Jose brigade are only allowed to comment when we draw? Or in a leap year? It's a heads I win tails you lose scenario. Results should have nothing to do with it.

So , I for one will not wait for a bad result to say it. Jose is still not the man for us. Regardless of today's result. If I changed my mind because we beat Liverpool then I would be fickle and weak minded and you would no doubt point it out to me.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Good win. Not a good second half though. We are going to have to learn how to play at a high level for longer if we are going to compete for trophies.
That is by design. Jose is asking the players to park the bus and play on the counter.
Regarding trophies: we won 2 trophies last season (how many trophies did Klopp and Poch win last season - 2 managers which are highly rated on this forum)?
We are competing for 2 trophies this season.

Say what you like about Jose, he may be pragmatic, but he is a serial winner and if you want trophies, Jose is the guy you want at the helm.
If you have an unlimited budget and can put together a squad which is by far better than any other in the league, Pep will do the best job.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
That is by design. Jose is asking the players to park the bus and play on the counter.
Regarding trophies: we won 2 trophies last season (how many trophies did Klopp and Poch win last season - 2 managers which are highly rated on this forum)?
We are competing for 2 trophies this season.

Say what you like about Jose, he may be pragmatic, but he is a serial winner and if you want trophies, Jose is the guy you want at the helm.
If you have an unlimited budget and can put together a squad which is by far better than any other in the league, Pep will do the best job.
All that is just guff unless and until we win something. Last season was last season.

Results are good but we will need to play better. The potential is there.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

Souness knows what we want lads.

Carra defending us.
Shame she cut that short. I was enjoying Souness starting to flounder when someone calls him on his shit.

Djemba-Djemba

You take the Moyes shambles out of it, our league record against Liverpool is incredible in the last 7 or 8 years.

And yet before every game against them you get the usual lot on here shitting themselves and acting as though Liverpool are our bogey side.

It baffles me.

DevilRed

Almost a carbon copy of how we used to play the gooner sides of old. Give them all the possession they want but crowd the box. No plan B at all from the scousers.

Brilliantly orchestrated by Mourinho and the scoreline flattered them because without Bailly's own goal they didnt really test De Gea at all. Not even once.

Excellent from Lukaku. We will need him away against citeh to play the same way. Sanchez's work rate is fecking phenomenal. Worth the money even if he doesnt score. Should have had an assist for that brilliant cross to Mata (who was the weak link). Alot of people will criticise Sanchez for lack of end product, but his defending/workrate is comparable to Rooney/Tevez in their pomp. It makes a massive different in the big matches and played a huge part in shutting down the dipper attack. Compare that to the weak shit that mkhi used to serve up and its night and day.

Sanchez will only get better with more time in the side.

Lets not forget we were missing Paul Pogba AND Anthony Martial today. Its quite an impressive victory.

Hercules

I'll admit it was a great result and always fantastic to beat them lot. However , when is it exactly that those who still don't like Jose have official permission to say anything?

You see , if we say anything after a bad result or bad performance then you would accuse us of " taking advantage of a defeat" or say " you have only been waiting for a defeat to jump on Jose's back" ?

Presumably this means that the anti Jose brigade are only allowed to comment when we draw? Or in a leap year? It's a heads I win tails you lose scenario. Results should have nothing to do with it.

So , I for one will not wait for a bad result to say it. Jose is still not the man for us. Regardless of today's result. If I changed my mind because we beat Liverpool then I would be fickle and weak minded and you would no doubt point it out to me.
Sorry but :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

You could not post and take solus that City will be champions soon? What do you expect our response to be? Why should we let this bullshit go unchecked?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
De Gea 6:confused: How come??
Thought he could have done better with the goal plus hesitating to come of his line. He’s set his standards so hence the reason he’s judged harshly for me. Brilliant keeper but a little off today for me.

Nickosaur

Got to say, still buzzing after today. Almost worth all the stress and arse clenching :lol: but having said that, we definitely deserved the win.

Really proud of the team. The games against Chelsea and Crystal Palace showed our character, and we saw plenty more of that today.

McTominay, Young, Rashford and Bailly were brilliant and are rightly getting the plaudits. But I'd also like to give some praise to Mata and Smalling. Mata saw early on that most of our attacking play was coming down the left, so when we went forward he would drift across. Made good movements for the 2nd goal and very unlucky not to make it 3 also. And Smalling was a boss - absolutely threw himself around in that second half.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm staggered that despite us being the winning side all the media are talking about is Jose's style of play, how about you talk about the side that's just been beat?

Jean claude van hire

Thought he could have done better with the goal plus hesitating to come of his line. He’s set his standards so hence the reason he’s judged harshly for me. Brilliant keeper but a little off today for me.
Aye fair enough just watched it back and perhaps he could have done better. Always think that a keeper is more prone to error in an own goal situation however, proving even DDG is human.

F1D

On TAA's Wikipedia page there is info that he's the nephew of our club secretary and that his grandmother was Sir Alex's girlfriend once. You just can't make this up :lol:

Alemar

Actually to say they didn't test de Gea at all is wrong. Firminho had one quite powerful shot from 18 meters which David easily saved via good positioning.

ti vu

On TAA's Wikipedia page there is info that he's the nephew of our club secretary and that his grandmother was Sir Alex's girlfriend once. You just can't make this up :lol:
:lol:

When will they have update on result of the DNA test?

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool