PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 January 2017

The White Pele

A horribly disjointed performance from us. Huge relief that we managed to force a goal when it was looking unlikely.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Pogba cost us 2 points today
I think his unpunished foul on Henderson balances things out. Rooney not getting booked and Lovren getting booked is one of those baffling things in football.

Fair result and I would have settled for it before the game as I thought you'd twat us. This result definetly benefits us more than United.

Ps.

Youse are still sixth la .

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I'm surprised how many people were expecting United to trash Liverpool. Under Klopp they have an immense record against big teams.

RedNed77

That's just the way it goes isn't it? Win 6 or 7 draw a few, got on from there to lose and draw a few. Rinse and repeat. Can't win em all.

We were garbage today and we have been below our best for the last couple of games.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
An average performance, we still created more dangerous chances than them and could've created even more if we could actually cross properly. Valencia and Herrera drove me nuts in that regard.
Mkhitaryan was a bit wasteful, but was active in his movements and always threatening. Martial was decent too, dominated his opponents but Liverpool was not stupid enough to leave their young player alone against him and constantly threw a second/third defender at him. Nonetheless, Martial's defensive work also earned us a huge chance which was only really prevented by Mkhi's poor second touch.

The problem was Carrick not being made for this type of game and Pogba being absolutely horrible. That's what cost us.

Ibra worked up front and got a goal. Not an outstanding performance, but he's too dangerous of a striker to take him off.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Can't say I'm happy with the point but it was a mess of a game. The sweetener is our goal being offside, the scouse will be seething so that's a plus.

Everybody's saying it, #Pogba had an absolute mare. The lad needs to forget about his fecking hair and concentrate on his job.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Both teams were shit, we were slightly less shit. Draw is a fair result. Hard fought, physical battle as you would expect in a derby. There's a massive overreaction on here as usual.

Water Melon

Gotta give credit to Klopp for playing hell of a match at OT with several important players injured. We need to take a leaf from Pool's book and learn a bit more about off the ball movement. We have better players, but they matched us as a team. A draw is not the worst result, but should have done better.

Thiim

My God Rooney is dreadful. Everything he does is in slow motion and he fecking telegraphs his next move to every one around him as well.

The whining about Ibra's performance is just pure comedy. What the feck was he supposed to do other than exactly what he did :lol::wenger:

Herrera was great and clearly MotM. Mikhi is better than Darmian at left back as well, which is almost as shocking as it is funny.

Fellaini was very good and probably managed to do exactly what Mourinho instructed him to do.

We should have won that game, but once again only have ourselves to blame. Certainly feels better to come from behind to snatch a draw than to lose the lead like we have a habit of doing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Tight game. It was always going to be tough. We werent going to beat them four nil. We gifted them a penalty. That changed the dynamics of the match. Still think on chances created we should have edged it.

Mihai

Yeah Herrera is the absolute worst, whiney little cheating cnut.

I'd love him if he played for us, though. You need those players in your side, sometimes we miss guys with his attitude.
Yeah, disgraceful from Ander pulling a girl's shirt like that.

r3idy

Take a draw based on that. Didn't move the ball out wide nowhere near quick enough. Lots of times in the first half when Valencia was out wide and in space but we continued to play through the middle. Zlatan was very isolated for big parts of the game.

WyoManU

Really disappointing all around. I would've thought the dippers at home would've brought out the best in us. These sorts of performances make me think we aren't good enough for top 4.

SER19

The shaw situation needs to be addressed asap. Mkhitaryan proved a better full back than darmian, who offers less than nothing going forward. Could be replaced with any left back from bottom half of league.

whoever was directing the game on sky is related to mignolet. Felt I was watching payer cam for large spells.

James Milner seems to spend most of these games on the ground.

Sooner martial hits a consistent level the better and its clear mata needs to start

Duafc

Village Lemon
Shocking to a man.

Valencia, Herrera, DDG and Feli only ones with any credit.

Particularly felt bad for Herrera, one man midfield.

Liverpool just outworked us and we lacked the quality and composure to ever settle. Glad to take the point and show some character but we should be winning that every day of the week.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
We just weren't up for it today. We had games like that against Liverpool under Fergie were we just couldn't handle their pressing phyically and mentally.

Even our fans just didn't seem loud enough or put enough pressure on at the beginning - we're playing Liverpool, not Burnley or Sunderland!

Obviously it was exciting towards the end getting the point and putting pressure on, but it was too little too late.

welshmanc75

Most of them left their brains in the changing room, particularly Pogba.

Positive note, we didnt lose and still on an unbeaten run. Last 3 season we wouldve lost.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I hope every single one of you who came into the pre-match threads giving it the billy big bollocks saying we'll smash them 3-0 has a long, hard look at yourselves and realises how much of a twat you are.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We were the better team. Not clear, deserved winners but better side.

Quizierda

Really needed to win this and fecked it up due to 2-3 total blackout performances today (Pogba, Rooney and I would even consider Martial as one as he did nothing against an 18 year old rookie).

Herrera and DDG saved our a*** today as Ander covered so much ground and held our midfield together at least somehow and DDG made crucial saves (even looked good at that penalty - however, very good one from Milner).

With Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea winning we knocked a stick into our feeds one more time. Highly disapointed with the result, even though I like the spirit this team's got. At least we are fighting again and don't give ourselves up as we did in recent years.

Ivor Ballokov

Both teams were pretty poor and for large parts cancelled each other out. We had the best of the first half and should have had at least 1 goal.

Pogba was really poor in the first half, a bit better in the second but by then the damage was done.

Found it really hard to pick a MOTM to be honest, nobody was great and a few shaky performances, yet we didn't deserve to lose the game, so that shows you what I thought of Liverpool.

Fully Fledged

The only decent team we have beaten in the league this season is Spurs. We're not gonna get top 4 if we keep dropping points against the other challengers.

Mourinhonista

Piss poor, just hoof it to the big lads upfront. Mourinho isn't as good as he used to be, shocking and just relying on individual brilliance. Don't think this side will make top 4, just not good enough.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah Herrera is the absolute worst, whiney little cheating cnut.

I'd love him if he played for us, though. You need those players in your side, sometimes we miss guys with his attitude.
He annoys me like hell. I wouldn't want him in our team. There's the nitty gritty players like Mascherano. Then there's Herrera.

Anyway. Point is more than welcome. Bigger gap between us and City now. Level with Spurs. Just gotta sort our form out quick. Need our injured players back. Is henderson injured again?

squidoo

I've never seen a player shrink and hide so much as Pogba did today in that 2nd half.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Stank up the place.

At the end of the day, these are still the players we know. They may have hit some form as of late but that can't hide the fact that they're mediocre.

walkinhop

I'll take that all day long. Was expecting a loss, we didn't play well. I dont think any team did.

I was expecting us to drop to 5th with me expecting City to win when in fact we've gained a point.

Herrera. Oh my god. So glad Firmino got a hit in. Shirt pulling knob head. Then he acts like "oh why did you hit me?" Why do you think you muppet?
Glad he got a hit in? It was a cynical foul but are you seriously happy someone got a hit in? Knobs be knobs

Leg-End

Find us a full back that can cross, January or summer I don't really care but find one.

Womp

idiot
Feck off, people happy with a draw need to check themselves. We are the better team, in the better form, playing at home and with a full strength squad. There should have been no fecking reason the players shouldn't have been up for this.

Feck these players, 2 points lost.

Manny

Grammar Police
Zlatan saying the right thing. Interviewer wanting him to say he was grateful for a point

NK86

Our midfield was really poor and that let us down.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Were we really that shit? They pressed which put us off quite a bit. But we defended well. Both teams were sloppy in this high pressure match, but we fought really hard and looked incredibly tired at the end.

Against the second highest scorers in the league, I thought we played well. 1 point, 16 games unbeaten.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 643 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Liverpool