PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 15 January 2017

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Yeah I think in training Klopp will focus on the phase of play after the ball was passed to Valencia. For example, why was Rooney allowed to waltz into the box and deliver a perfect ball to Fellaini unchallenged? Why was the CB (Lovren?) the wrong side of Fellaini? How was Valencia unmarked and the first to the rebound, with space and time to deliver a pass/cross? Why was Zlatan of all people unmarked and able to get a free header away? Why wasn't Herrera (?) immediately closed down before the ball was played to Rooney at the start of this all?

Truthfully, Liverpool did defend very well, but I'm sure the defensive coaches will have a lot to talk about.
That's it exactly.

They have much more blame to give to themselves from this screenshot. Firstly how was Tony Valencia able to play a throw and receive it back with 4 Liverpool players in close proximity.

I count 9 outfield players and Mignolet in that photo, how did we win the 2nd ball, the 3rd ball, the 4th ball after the cross did come in?

Klaven is positioned horribly to keep an eye on Ibra. Henderson and Can may aswell be stood hands on their hips.

Last edited by a moderator:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Zlatan said it perfectly after the match. We started out with the wrong tactics building up from the back, it was never going to work against Liverpool's pressing.

In the second half when we played more direct, it was a completely different game, specially after Fellaini was coming on.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
BBC reported on this yesterday on their website -
  • Liverpool have scored six penalties at Old Trafford - the most by a team on an opposition ground in the Premier League.
The answer to this is stop giving penalties away. The two I can remember clearly were penalties.

Pogba's
And the one in the 4 - 1 game.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
The answer to this is stop giving penalties away. The two I can remember clearly were penalties.

Pogba's
And the one in the 4 - 1 game.
That Moyes season they got 3 alone. I thought one of Sturridge's was a dive that was given, but then later Carrick tripped him and Clattenburg missed that one.

NK86

Don't be ridiculous. Chelsea are top of the league with a bigger lead than any side has had at this point of the season for 4 years. They've beaten City, Spurs and us and equalled the all-time consecutive win record in the process. Their pedigree is hardly in doubt. We've been sitting in 6th, for four months, with one win in six attempts vs the teams ahead of us.

Yes I am aware that we have fewer points than the teams above us because the teams above us have had better results than us. What is your point here?

Poor finishing cannot be said to be bad luck when we've been doing it all season; it's an inherent failing of the side.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/textbase...version-rate-Premier-League-sides-season.html

:lol:

I acknowledged the improvement in performance in my post. We are much better this year, and a thousand times more enjoyable to watch than the tumescent coma-inducing shite served up under Van Gaal. Last year's points tally is irrelevant though; all that matters re a title challenge is what position we are in the table relative to our rivals.

We've been good over the last couple of months, but all I'm saying is maybe, just maybe, we're about hitting our level with these players, and we find ourselves not significantly worse than the few sides ahead of us, but not significantly better than them either, and still a way off a proper title challenge IMO.
We have been unbeaten in how many games now? But hey, if Chelsea get their asses handed to them by Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs their pedigree should not be doubted but we have some poor results against the same teams and that shows are level. Do you see the ridiculousness of that post of yours! Yes they are top of the league but they have been beating the sides we have been beating as well. We are further behind not because of those results against the bigger teams but because of the silly points we dropped against the likes of Burnley, Stoke, Watford etc. That is how titles are won. That shows the team's pedigree.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Klopp's nonsense made me wonder if he is Dalgleish in disguise. Wingeing about long balls - which (a) was rubbish, when are crosses from the wing long balls? and (b) I might be wrong, but I don't think it's against the rules... plus they didn't cope with anything. Overall, we had enough chances to bury the scousers and I kept praying for Zlatan to get one of the openings. Carrick looked out of sorts; he even popped up at the edge of their area in the first few minutes so I knew something was up! No truly great performances but a great finish for the goal while DDG was pretty much untroubled. I was disappointed by Miki, so many of his touches were too heavy, Jones looked like his old (not good) self at times and Pogba resembled Ronald McDonald more than the most expensive footballer in the world. But at least we didn't lose and to be fair, Fellaini gave his all and made a real diffference when he came on. Onwards and upwards...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Disappointing. Liverpool were shit and we should have thrashed them. Occasion got to Pogba.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 643 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Liverpool