EL D Europa League

Manchester United 1:1 FC Twente

Post-match discussion

Wed, 25 September 2024

Too many average players in our squad. We will not finish among the 6 best in the PL, and we will have to struggle to finish among the 8 best in group stage in Europa League

This will be swept away as a bit of a non-event in the context of the new format, but make no mistake how bad that was.

1-1 at home v fecking Twente. Ricky van fecking wolfswinkel is their captain.

Sack the manager now. He is so so so shit.

Uninspiring.

The problem is that we aren't very good at defending, passing the ball, or scoring goals. And those are kinda sorta important things.

Another mistake and another goal conceded. Maguire diving in and erikson asleep. We looked in control first half but lost it second half.
Dalot motm but still worries me he is caught out of position so often.

It’s tragic that, besides the goal, real decent saves their goalkeeper had to make was from his own players

Poor result, poor finishing other than Eriksen's well taken goal and too little too late with some good attacking play in the final third of the game but unable to beat the keeper again.

We had 16 shots with 5 hitting the target, 7 missing the target and 4 blocked

Bruno again dreadful, I'm actually starting to turn against him. We should try a match without him in the starting lineup imo.

Also yet again a decent GK suddenly making saves they probably never have in their career.

Also, also, Eriksen should really have done better with the ball before they scored.

Shocking result, especially with the team and bench we had.
I'd get to the international break, sack him, bring Ruud in as interim for a few games and get Nagelsmann.
We're going nowhere under ten Hag, although I do think we are massively lacking quality in the front 3.

I honestly believe that if anyone else had been in MF instead of Bruno we would have won. Lost the ball so many times.

Really hope that Eth has a look at other options.

It's infuriating how careless we are, there's a lack of concentration in possession that's present in almost every match we play.

We're going to have serious probems winning games again if we can't score & close out matches.

Too many average players in our squad. We will not finish among the 6 best in the PL, and we will have to struggle to finish among the 8 best in group stage in Europa League
I think the players are much better than they are delivering on the pitch. If we had better coaching or confidence this squad would be good.

"Classic" Europa League game. Played in second gear, didn't put the game to bed, then when they got the equaliser, we couldn't raise our game.

I don't have that much of a problem with the formation or whatever, though it was obviously not perfect by any means. But I've more of a problem with the intensity of the approach.

We started in second gear, and when we needed to up the tempo after the draw, we couldn't get up to speed. I don't understand why teams do this. Why not just start fast and let off when the game is won? This laissez-faire attitude is unfathomable. We see it repeatedly, not just at United. It's incredibly hard to suddenly up the tempo after an hour of jogging about.

We paid the price today, and I'm not even sure we'll learn the lesson from it.

Plenty of cute touches, then we struggle with the basics.
It’s symptomatic of the club right now, moments FC, even while playing, someone will do something great and then it’s followed by 2 poor moves with a negative net outcome.

We don’t have a sniff of killer instinct in this team, I mean we do but it’s Ruud standing on the touchline 10 years after the fact.

Awful, which is now standard for us.

Bruno was utter fecking shite. And I don't normally say that, but it was embarrassing. He can't just play an easy fecking pass and maintain pressure, he has to try and beat someone or spam it at a defender's shins every time.

Too static in the final third.
Another tumescent 2nd half performance
The goal conceded with poor, but we tend to fall apart, and then leave it too late when we finally got going

It's bizarre

Shocking result, especially with the team and bench we had.
I'd get to the international break, sack him, bring Ruud in as interim for a few games and get Nagelsmann.
We're going nowhere under ten Hag, although I do think we are massively lacking quality in the front 3.

I don't understand why people are so keen on Ruud, by all accounts he's the one coaching our attacking routines and therefore shares responsibility for us looking so toothless.

Nagelsmann however would be dreamy.

Player Ratings

Provisional results
5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 182 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Twente win
  • Draw

Detailed Results