EL D Europa League Match Day 2

FC Porto 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 03 October 2024

This is what happens time and time again, another stay of execution for Erik !

De Ligt is shite btw

Not good enough. But also ridiculous to draw when scoring three goals against Porto.

I'd love it if clear diving would result in a straight red.

Can we not just get a 1-0 win?
Looked so defensively frail. What ever our plan is we need to rip it up and start again: Dalot isn’t good enough to invert into midfield and it leaves us so exposed at the back

Bruno deserved a second yellow but the clown holding his face was disgusting lack of sportsmanship.

Overall it was a circus of a performance

Yeah, clawing a draw back there isn't good enough. In isolation maybe, but following the start to the season we've had, it's not good enough because feck all has changed.

This was almost a carbon copy of last year's CL games. A year on, £200m spent and there's been no progress.

Another game where we concede 3. Just not good enough. We looked terrible as usual throughout. Like the spurs game, lucky they couldn't finish more of their good chances.

Same old story away from home in Europe. Just can’t seem to bury our opponents when we are in control.

Two horrible defensive teams, but a fun game to watch. Ten Hag with zero tactics and extreme strange subs. Anyone know if Rashford is injuried? First time in so many matches he actually play well offensive and then subbed (I know defensive catastrophe).

They knew they played a beast up top, I think Maguire would have been a better match up.

New manager and we will play so much better.

Fernandes is so tired of this. When he can’t get injured like the rest of them, he need to get red cards to get out of the misery.

Very tired of watching a group of highly paid professionals stroll around like a Sunday pickup game. No urgency when needed, led by a braindead captain, midfield porous, defenders schooled again and again. Piss poor.

We have no organization anywhere on the pitch. No combinations in attack, no awareness in defense, no control in midfield. It doesn't matter who we put up there, unless we have space to work with, we have no idea what to do with a football. It's depressing seeing it again and again and again.

Beggars belief that the geezer still has a job. We've given up the season already by not sacking him in my book.

This season is the carbon copy of last season. The results, stupid refereeing decisions, conceding cut back goals, losing from 2-0 leads etc.

I can't even describe what is wrong with us. The club is really cursed.

Great entertainment,two shite sides slug out a deserved draw.Nothing changes the manager still has to go.Just don't know who we get in ?

Oh and Bruno's a liability and HAS to go.

Even ETH knows times up, his body language says it all, and deservedly so. We are so pathetically set up, and team with a bit of nous can time and again, have clean runs at our goal.

Game was so so, played well going forward but absolutely shocking at the back.

It's felt like the end of an era since that Liverpool loss.

We've seen it before. RVN will be caretaker manager after the international break.

I feel like I've been transported back 5 years to the end of Jose and Ole taking over, but I think we're worse now.

3 best players:

1) Rashford: The best we have seen from him in a long time. Looked liked "himself" again.
2) Eriksen: Involved in all 3 goals we scored.
3) Onana - without being really good. But still made 2 important saves.

3 worst playes:
1) De Ligt: Made so many mistakes and costed us 2 goals.
2) Bruno: The red card and all the poor "panic" shots.
3) Martinez: Many bad decisions. And looked slow.

Also we shouldn't start both Casemiro and Eriksen in the same midfield. One is probably alright most of the time but both is asking for trouble.

Can only laugh/shake my head in despair.

Just knew at 2-0 we would make a balls of it somehow.

Getting a point at the end while down to 10 men should probably be commended in fairness but being in that position to begin with is beyond stupid. Hopefully the equaliser pissed off the Porto players and fans massively as well.

Maguire saving Erik's job is just delaying sacking that would have happened tonight until Aston Villa mops the floor with us over the weekend

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 190 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Porto win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% FC Porto 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% FC Porto 2:1 Man Utd