PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Brentford

Post-match discussion

Sat, 19 October 2024

That second half performance should be our base performance and this team should be producing that as a minimal level.

ETH'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!

Feels like we certainly turned a corner in that second half, this is where it starts for us, obviously showing Frank he can't have his job.

Thought we looked better today, DeLigt, Evans and Martinez did well, we just need to be able to put a CB partnership out for a few weeks running to get a real pair going.

Midfield three did better than I expected but it’s not sustainable, Ugarte, Mainoo and Mount will be needed in there sooner rather than later.

Rashford, Garnacho and Hojlund grew into the game, Rashfords most positive performance for a long time I thought, Hojlund started to hold it up and turn defenders which is what his game needs to be about and Garnacho is just getting better even if he’s a bit greedy at times.

Good game overall.

Much more like it, good first step.

I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves but I did feel that game was comfortable and enjoyable.

Best, the last 70 minutes we have played this season everybody seemed up for it.

Good win after a better 2nd half than a terrible 1st half.
Still not good that Ten Hag is surely walking a tightrope after a result at home against Brentford.
I dread each match day to be honest as it could literally be anything, but most likely a disappointing performance

Good win to hopefully build on. Better second half. If our attackers click, that's half the battle. Garnacho looking dangerous, Rashford working hard and Hojlund getting off the books - hopefully the confidence will work its way back.

Hello 3 point my old friend!
Very good second half, and we need to be seeing this performance for 90 min, one can hope!

Forwards (Garnacho, Rashford, Hojland) played well, Evans outstanding at back.

Some decent stuff second half and a probably deserved win in the end. Scoring 2 is madness! Where did that magic come from?

Ecstatic with the win. That second half performance was almost flawless. Really really hope we can continue the same way going forward.

Do that 2nd half more often and we wouldn't be in half the mess we are. Just figure out how to do it regularly, please. Great effort from everyone there, defensively and offensively. Rashford might not get the credit but he was a lot better today in effort, thought it was so refreshing to see that. There's life yet maybe.

Positives today:

We deserved to win, which isn't always the case.

De Ligt absolutely fantastic.

Bruno assist for Hojlund goal, both needed that.

Rashford looked far more disciplined.

Martinez was good at left back I thought, not much of a threat attacking but a good passing range.

Good character to turn that around.

Overall such a crucial win given its the start of a run of games we really have to try maximise points in.

Once the first goal went in, the confidence grew and the football started to flow.

Just goes to show what a bit of hard work will get you.a performance to build on.

That 2nd half we played as a team. This is extremely rare for us. Hope this team finally click.

ETH'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!

Feels like we certainly turned a corner in that second half, this is where it starts for us, obviously showing Frank he can't have his job.
It's gonna require much more than this to deserve this kind of optimism.

Good 2nd half but Ten Hag changing to 5 at the back v Brentford at home to hang on despite Brentford doing the square root of feck all in the 2nd half is where we are with this manager.

Deserved win 23 shots to 8 tells its own tale. To win when 1-0 behind at half time all the more pleasing and two good goals scored.

that 2nd half performance has to be the norm.
Evans and De Ligt look a good partnership, very very encouraging from Rashford all round (that assist!!!), Garnacho had a good 2nd half, and Hojlund's back in the goals.

3 much needed points.

Should have been easier, should have scored 2 in the first half.

I think the ref angered them into the 2nd half performance.

There are some absolute miserable feckers in here

We just won, played pretty well for most of the game

And all some can do is fecking moan

Agreed that the second half performance should be our base level.

First half was a bit shite from both teams - we conceded too much possession and rarely threatened on attack.

Something to build on but I can’t understand ETH reluctance to play Ugarte instead of Casemiro, and probably neither do the board?
Odd timing after Casemiro put in his best performance in ages and Ugarte had come back late from playing for Uruguay in the week.

Well done to the lads, great 2nd half performance & a big wim.

That was the biggest positive after seeing what the team could do in the second half? Rashford playing well, Garnacho playing well.

I enjoyed it. Classic bit of banter in the first half but some good stuff in the second.

Seeing that one of our players who'd discovered has a heart problem being well enough to get back on the pitch and playing. Yes biggest positive for me.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 212 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Brentford
  • 14% Man Utd 2:0 Brentford