PL D FA Premier League

Aston Villa 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 October 2024

Rubbish. Saves him as well despite being our worst start ever

There will be some YouTube statos who will try to convince us all that was a good performance, where we had more 'control' because pretty much every pass was 10m and Villa didn't slaughter us.

Those people will be wrong.

United thought they were getting Ajax. We have ended up with Atleti, without the charisma and penetrating counters.

I supported Ten Hag cos I didn't want Southgate. Honestly, saw identical performances from Southgate's England many times.

Defensively, we looked good. Evans was by far our best player.

However, we should be expecting some attacking intent, and it just wasn't there. Again. In an attacking sense, we have no big players out injured in those areas, so this really is the best that we could muster. It's just not good enough for a club that should have aspirations of making it into the top 4, or even competing for the title. We've lowered the standards so much that a performance like todays is probably one of our best this season...which is just appalling. We have to expect more.

Only 0-0? I missed the last 10 minutes and it looked like our players were celebrating a win!

Basically ETH proving that he is a lower half PL manager that can only defend by packing the defence and playing like an underdog.

He is not good enough for Utd and 10 draws against Villa wont convince me otherwise!

Evans MOTM, just shows that if you are organised and disciplined you'd go a long way at being successful.

At least EtH’s final game didn’t end in a defeat.

Can we please get a manager/coach that can actually set our team up to fecking attack properly???? Making exciting players like Garnacho, Højlund, Rashford and Bruno(to a certain degree) so toothless and awful while attacking.

Defended well enough against a very poor villa display.
Offensively we look shocking. Hard to see where the goals are going to come from. Who ever recruited Zirkzee over Toney wants sacking.

Evan’s was a rock.. two hard away games navigated and we didn’t loose either.

It was like watching us under Ole, except all of the positive bits have been removed.

Watching football is supposed to provide some entertainment value - and hopefully joy. I fail to find either in the last 2 years. We need new ideas.

I posted before the Palace game how we got very few draws under ETH - just one team had lower than us in each of the last two seasons, and we hadn't drawn any of our first four this season: since then, we've drawn four of our last five matches! :lol:

Has to be taken in context of where we are and that chaos vs porto. Its a good point. But we look so toothless

It’s not inconceivable we’ll be in a relegation fight in a few weeks time. Brentford, West Ham, Chelsea. Then relegation 6-pointers against Leicester and Ipswich.

I guess he's here for the foreseeable by looks at it. At least he didn't conceded 3 goals

Last edited:
Reporter: Why does your team not score goals?

Erik: Injuries are all the time costing us. If Maguire and Mazraoui did not get injured, the process would be much quicker and we would have scored six in the second half.
The scary thing is, that actually wouldn’t surprise me if he did say that.

When did football rules change that only one Center Forward is allowed in the game? I must have missed it.

My head hurts watching those overpaid cnuts trying to play football. Is there anyone up stairs to stop this stealing a living culture.

I am so proud of the team managed to get a draw against mighty Aston Villa at their home ground.

Well, not a Benny Hills type of slapstick game for once. Much stronger and more focused defensively. So thats good at least.
On the other hand, i can barely remember a situation worth remembering from the game, and it ended 10min ago.

Pretty sure no one predicted 0-0. given what's been happening it wasn't a bad result but this isn't any Manchester United that I've known for almost 60 years.

Johnny Evans was magnificent, possibly the best performance by a United player all season. Thought Lindeloff did well too. Not bad from Delight and Onana did everything he had to. Dalot was OK too

I said on day one that I thought Zirkzee's winner against Fulham was a fluke - now I'm sure of it. One of the least talented players we've ever had - and that is some achievement.

This is comfortably the worst football we’ve played post-Fergie, especially considering how sustained it’s been.

In isolation, that was a solid battling performance against a good team in high confidence.

Just because we've been bad recently doesn't mean we get to expect amazing performances to balance that out. Games like this, assuming the manager stays, are what's needed to start to build something.

Of course most on here don't want to hear that. They just want a new manager at any cost. But if he is staying then that's a solid performance to try to build on. Or more ammunition to berate the players, management and ownership, depending on how you want to see it I guess.

1. If we didn’t have the comms pack calamity, would we have had 30 seconds of stoppage time?
  2. Who was the blonde lady in the white fur, beige pants, owners box? Highlight of the game
  3. Is Matty Cash good or just handsome?
  4. Can we get comms pack and headsets for our players so they can communicate what runs they are going to make?
  5. Thought maybe another red for Bruno would have been, idk at least an entertaining part of this match?

Watching football is supposed to provide some entertainment value - and hopefully joy. I fail to find either in the last 2 years. We need new ideas.

I see your point but that's an exaggeration for sure. Last seasons cup quarter final was probably one of the most entertaining games ever at old Trafford, and the cup final was joyous and entertaining. We drew 3-3 midweek in a game a neutral would love. This isn't a defence of ten hag or our poor football, but there's no point amplifying your misery.

In terms of today, id take a 0-0 at villa park these days, as i suspect would most teams

Man of the Match

Provisional results
Jonny Evans image Jonny Evans 88% of 226 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

Provisional results
5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 205 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win