Gaming PlayStation 5

Question for those who played them, do you consider Bloodborne or Elden Ring the better title, taking into account when they were launched etc?
Bloodborne but I love both

Question for those who played them, do you consider Bloodborne or Elden Ring the better title, taking into account when they were launched etc?
I guess bloodborne. The level design and world in bloodborne just meant that everything was a bit tighter, a bit more purposeful. Elden Ring has the usual open world fluff who's main purpose is to fill out a piece of the map. The combat in Elden Ring is quite silly too. Everything in the game is tuned up to unkillable god relative to previous games with lots of cheese on both enemies and the players side. Which is fun to be fair and possibly more accessible? But Bloodborne was quite accessible all things considered. They're both great. I think they're my 2 favourite from games. But then Sekiro ... hmm.

I guess bloodborne. The level design and world in bloodborne just meant that everything was a bit tighter, a bit more purposeful. Elden Ring has the usual open world fluff who's main purpose is to fill out a piece of the map. The combat in Elden Ring is quite silly too. Everything in the game is tuned up to unkillable god relative to previous games with lots of cheese on both enemies and the players side. Which is fun to be fair and possibly more accessible? But Bloodborne was quite accessible all things considered. They're both great. I think they're my 2 favourite from games. But then Sekiro ... hmm.

Sekiro has the best combat that’s for sure, no game makes you feel like such a bad ass once you beat the end game bosses and have mastered the combat!

Feels like a rhythm game once you master it.

Sekiro has the best combat that’s for sure, no game makes you feel like such a bad ass once you beat the end game bosses and have mastered the combat!
Probably doesn't score too well on being accessible but yeah, in terms of combat and boss design its their best imo.

Feels like a rhythm game once you master it.
Wo Long is good if you want something like Sekiro. Not as good as Sekiro but they've basically borrowed the combat system from it.

Wo Long is good if you want something like Sekiro. Not as good as Sekiro but they've basically borrowed the combat system from it.

I’ll have a look, forever looking for games in the sekiro/Ninja Gaiden Black style love the difficulty and fast paced combat!

imagine that it’s a team ninja game haha!

From the article:

Sporting adaptive streaming up to 1080p and 60FPS, the new device will require constant connectivity to the internet.

As for the console’s physical features, early prototypes show the console will look a lot like a PlayStation 5 controller, but with a massive 8-inch LCD touchscreen in the center. The device sports adaptive triggers for haptic feedback and will include what you would come to expect from a handheld – Volume buttons, speakers, an audio input jack, etc.

Insider Gaming understands that the Q Lite is in its QA phase and is scheduled to release before the PlayStation 5 Pro and after the Detachable Disc Drive PS5.

As previously mentioned by industry insider Jeff Grubb, Sony is planning to announce its “second phase of the PS5”, which was in reference to its future game slate. Ironically though, this “second phase” is very much true for Sony’s hardware offerings, with the new detachable disc drive PlayStation 5, Project Nomad (wireless earphones), Project Voyager(wireless headset), and Q Lite (handheld) all scheduled to release within a very short period. It’s understood that the PlayStation 5 Pro is aiming for a holiday 2024 release.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the above? Has potential but they have shot themselves in the foot making it remote play only

Ghost of Tsushima I really enjoyed. It does bear similarities to the repetitiveness of a assassin's creed ubisoft in sequences but the combat / feel makes up for it.

Cyberpunk I played for probably 1 week and had enough of it. Absolutely garbage and for a FPS the game feels too mechanical even with heightened sensitivity. It's a great concept but poor execution.
Sorry to quote such an old post but this is genuinely mind blowing to me. Ghost of Tsushima has some of the most bland writing, characters, world design and quests I’ve played to the point where 20 hours in the combat can no longer carry it any further. Cyberpunk has a crazy detailed world, the dialogue and characters are far better, even the gameplay can be fun with the right settup. Very different games I just find It crazy you can say cyberpunk is worse considering how much more shallow Ghosts is.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the above? Has potential but they have shot themselves in the foot making it remote play only

Yeah, means you need to have the PS5 on, doesn't it?

I think cloud is the better way to go. I can fire up Xbox gamepass via my PC and play without having the Xbox on. Never been a fan of remote play. I still prefer my PS5 over Series X, but no cloud gaming is a big no thanks from me.

'the new device will require constant connectivity to the internet' Dumb, total non starter on that one thing.
They dont have the titles to carry a handheld vs. nintendo, unless its cheap as shit it'll stack up terribly vs steam deck. Another failed handheld from sony, that might have some value if it can be cracked and used for homebrew (people wont bother to find out unless it costs a fraction of the steam deck and sony wont make any money off homebrew)

Between the Switch and the Steamdeck its a bit of a hiding to nothing. They aint competing at either end.

I’d rather keep using my iPad for remote play.

seems far too late to even attempt such a device again.

Sorry to quote such an old post but this is genuinely mind blowing to me. Ghost of Tsushima has some of the most bland writing, characters, world design and quests I’ve played to the point where 20 hours in the combat can no longer carry it any further. Cyberpunk has a crazy detailed world, the dialogue and characters are far better, even the gameplay can be fun with the right settup. Very different games I just find It crazy you can say cyberpunk is worse considering how much more shallow Ghosts is.
Not you with your cyberpunk crap again :lol:

I don’t see how it’s better than just playing cloud games on a mobile phone with an attachment controller. It’s not really proper portable console if you need a (good) connection to play. I wouldn’t be able to use it in situations where I need my handheld most eg commuting or traveling. Microsoft have done something similar with their cloud ‘console’ made by Logitech and it didn’t sell well (had next to no marketing though).

If they make owning PS5 mandatory for it to work rather than enabling cloud then it’s completely pointless.

Hurry up and update it!
No need to. Just the DLC will do just fine.

That damn police update is taking its time. I’ve nearly finished my backlog.
Is it even coming? I never bothered with the cops as I don’t in most open world games. My backlog is pretty good given I had a mild addiction got this one

Glad I’m not the only one who really enjoyed it. Spanner takes big issues with that though so be careful!
It’s absolutely wonderful. The world, the soundtrack, characters, gameplay and build diversity make it one of the more special gaming experiences I’ve had this past decade. But that’s for another thread.

the new device will require constant connectivity to the internet.
out-disappear.gif

I don’t see how it’s better than just playing cloud games on a mobile phone with an attachment controller. It’s not really proper portable console if you need a (good) connection to play. I wouldn’t be able to use it in situations where I need my handheld most eg commuting or traveling. Microsoft have done something similar with their cloud ‘console’ made by Logitech and it didn’t sell well (had next to no marketing though).

If they make owning PS5 mandatory for it to work rather than enabling cloud then it’s completely pointless.
Yep. The only thing I can think (hope) of this woeful idea is that it’s still in its very very early stages as in ideas are still being brainstormed :lol:

Cloud and remote play would be good... If cloud was a thing that actually worked as intended, consistently

It will all depend of how good will be the Q Lite games library. They need to launch some solid titles optimized to run on it.

It doesn't though does it? It's spotty over mobile networks and not everyone has 200mb fibre (which I do have and it's still spotty). It was spotty when it was 720p and1080p, and then we'll be wanting 4k....

It will all depend of how good will be the Q Lite games library. They need to launch some solid titles optimized to run on it.

It’s a streaming device. It should be able to run everything just the same.

It’s a streaming device. It should be able to run everything just the same.
But if you are buying a Q Lite just to play the same PS5 titles, it will not be that attractive in terms of marketing. Unless they are selling it as an extension for the PS5.

From the article:

It’s understood that the PlayStation 5 Pro is aiming for a holiday 2024 release.

I'm wondering what actually will the PS5 Pro do that the current model can't? The ps4 pro was a decent boost in frame rate and resolution compared to the original from what I understand of it but the PS5's whole selling point was 60FPS and 4K gaming. We have that right now.

But if you are buying a Q Lite just to play the same PS5 titles, it will not be that attractive in terms of marketing. Unless they are selling it as an extension for the PS5.

You won’t be able to play anything else on it. It is supposed to allow you to play your PS5 games when you are not at home, that’s all. It’s not supposed to have its own games and probably won’t even be able to run any. I think it was even mentioned to be more of a PS5 accessory.

I'm wondering what actually will the PS5 Pro do that the current model can't? The ps4 pro was a decent boost in frame rate and resolution compared to the original from what I understand of it but the PS5's whole selling point was 60FPS and 4K gaming. We have that right now.

Many games still don’t run 60 FPS / 4K and you need to pick between performance and fidelity modes. It would probably allow you to play all games in fidelity mode at full frame rate.