Players you had forgotten existed

It probably has been said before, but this thread would get a lot more interesting if you would not randomly post a name but what actually remembered you of someones existence.

Agreed! If they popped up somewhere in the media, let us know so we can check it out. Or spread the news as to what they're doing now.

If it's some random reminisicing of something they did on the pitch or how good they were then let us know and jog our memories too or better still post a clip/video.

Otherwise it's just a pointless list of names.

Was a transfer tweet today or yesterday about Oscar moving to the MLS. Had forgotten all about him and that he still played football.

also, Dmitri Kharine
Lauren who played for Arsenal
Stéphane Guivarc'h
Emile Mpenza

James Rodriguez, just seen he's got the most ever assists at a single copa America this year and I have no idea who he plays for now. Now that his name has been brought to my mind I can remember him at Everton, but I thought he retired when he left.

James Rodriguez, just seen he's got the most ever assists at a single copa America this year and I have no idea who he plays for now. Now that his name has been brought to my mind I can remember him at Everton, but I thought he retired when he left.

He was only 30 when he left Everton. According to wiki he's since had a year in Qatar, a year at Olympiacos, a year at Sao Paulo, and now he's back in Spain with Rayo Vallecano.

He was only 30 when he left Everton. According to wiki he's since had a year in Qatar, a year at Olympiacos, a year at Sao Paulo, and now he's back in Spain with Rayo Vallecano.

Such a weird career, he was a decent upcoming player before he went to Madrid and just fell to pieces ever since going there.

I did have another submission for this thread brought to mind the other day, but typically I've forgotten them again :lol

Stefan Effenberg, he always played a blinder against us.

Mehmet Scholl , see above.

Bayern in that era were a pain in the ass to play against!