'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Took City 50 odd minutes to hit the byline and they almost immediately got a goal from it

So sad to see players so scared to shoot from distance because they're robotically programmed to pass pass pass for eternity.

City at their very worst to watch as a neutral in that second half.

They are conceding way more than they used to.

Haven’t kept a clean sheet at home this season, there’s clearly something wrong with their defensive coaching. The 2nd Arse goal was a foul on Ederson but they also left 3 Arsenal players completely unmarked on the far post, it’s almost as comical as the Brighton goal against us.

So sad to see players so scared to shoot from distance because they're robotically programmed to pass pass pass for eternity.

Apart from Dias blasting it over the bar time after time. That was amusing to watch.

I couldn't believe how few crosses they put in considering they have Haaland and a team is camped in the box. Real Madrid used to put in crosses with Ronaldo against that deep a line and get a lot of joy.

If it wasn't for Grealish unleashing from the shackles in the last few minutes, they would have lost. Got away with that one.

Thought his team selection and game-management was woeful today. But then again we started very well and he can't be blamed for the players all getting shooked for a period after Rodris unfortunate injury.

Apart from Dias blasting it over the bar time after time. That was amusing to watch.

Yeah I'm not saying do it every time but there were loads of occasions when there was space central to get a shot in, they refused, recycled the ball for another minute and then it was just a lofted cross to the back post that Haaland couldn't get to and Raya just gathered.

Their late goal came from a shot getting deflected and landing right infront of Stones so sometimes you just have to do it, they basically won the league in 2019 from Kompany doing exactly that v Leicester.

Man. City are an exceptional team but they feel to watch like they've been designed in a lab. At least Liverpool and Arsenal are a bit more off the cuff in terms of how they play.

Thought his team selection and game-management was woeful today. But then again we started very well and he can't be blamed for the players all getting shooked for a period after Rodris unfortunate injury.
What’s the verdict on it?

Arsenal went 45 plus 7 minutes with a man down against city. Gotta give them credit

What’s the verdict on it?

Arsenal went 45 plus 7 minutes with a man down against city. Gotta give them credit
Starting with Doku and Sav together on the flanks were absurd I thought. His confidence in Walker in these games is in my opinion mis-placed as well. Obviously he gets us out of trouble, but he more often than not is the one that above every one else individuelly puts us into them. I see where he was going with Gvardiol positioning himself in the front-three when we had the ball deep, but absolutely the wrong defender to lock out off the posession game and be used as a Chelsea piece.

Second half I thought we were way too slow with the ball on instruction, without breaking them down at all. Every game where Walker and Dias ends up with these amounts of touches outside the opposition box is games where Pep really should be more active with his adjustments. Really lucky to get the 2nd after that half.

To be fair I question him a lot, but he gets it spot on most of the time. The result was fine anyway

I respect Arsenal and how well coached and drilled they are but meh. After they took the lead that would have been their gameplan anyway. More of a counterthreat obviously, and no issue with them wanting to be this kind of team. They are good at it. But they also brought the late equalizer on themselves while I also think we brought the difficult 2nd half on ourselves with how slow we played around them. A little more urgency and I suspect they would have crumbled. But that is speculation to be fair

Arsenal basically had 10 men within their box in the 2nd half and never left any space for City players to shoot except Dias, don't see how Pep can be blamed for Arsenal defending so deep and so well.
City were the better team in the first half (especially the 1st 30mins) despite being a goal down at half time, so it seems to me that his team selection wasn't the problem either (though I personally think Walker was horrible).

Arsenal is a top team and they have the best defense in Europe currently, it will always be difficult to break them down.

Arsenal basically had 10 men within their box in the 2nd half and never left any space for City players to shoot except Dias, don't see how Pep can be blamed for Arsenal defending so deep and so well.
City were the better team in the first half (especially the 1st 30mins) despite being a goal down at half time, so it seems to me that his team selection wasn't the problem either (though I personally think Walker was horrible).

Arsenal is a top team and they have the best defense in Europe currently, it will always be difficult to break them down.
It is his job to set-up a way that doesnt leave Dias as the only free man for 45 minutes.

It is his job to set-up a way that doesnt leave Dias as the only free man for 45 minutes.
Arsenal players were the ones leaving Dias as the only free man once he started shooting and they noticed that he shots were awful, I doubt that was Pep's plan.

It's similar to what happens to them in the champions league. Something happens that he didn't plan for and because his players are banned from thinking for themselves they start glitching.

Arsenal players were the ones leaving Dias as the only free man once he started shooting and they noticed that he shots were awful, I doubt that was Pep's plan.
He was the only free man because everyone else was instructed to occupy spaces in and around the box. Playing a low Block and forcing the ball wide and to the deepest players isn't some genius strategy from Arteta. It's the oldest tactic in the book. The most obvious ways to combat it is moving the ball faster, get your widemen to challenge one v one to stretch players out of position or get someone more creative dropping deeper to facilitate play. Pep is a master at these kind of games. Today he was too slow to react, and too stubborn to change. When it is an obvious problem that Walker, Dias and Akanji is the only players that occupies spaces that Arsenal leaves open, you move them around. He rectified it a bit by bringing Stones in, whi has the ability to free up the likes of Foden but we were still too cautious

His team looks rattled. They probably sit around in the dressing room for ages, staring at a tactics board filled with nonsensical plans to rob a bank. And then Pep rocks out of a bathroom, sniffing uncontrollably, wiping powder from his nose, shouting incessantly about "fecking Premier League cock-a-roaches" coming to take him out.

He goes to a window, lifts the curtain, and tells the boys that the enemy is approaching - time to gear up. Rodri has to keep going over to tell him that he's lifting a towel on Haaland's peg, and there's no window there at all. But he doesn't listen. He just crouches behind a bench trying to load bullets into a bottle of Gatorade.

He was the only free man because everyone else was instructed to occupy spaces in and around the box. Playing a low Block and forcing the ball wide and to the deepest players isn't some genius strategy from Arteta. It's the oldest tactic in the book. The most obvious ways to combat it is moving the ball faster, get your widemen to challenge one v one to stretch players out of position or get someone more creative dropping deeper to facilitate play. Pep is a master at these kind of games. Today he was too slow to react, and too stubborn to change. When it is an obvious problem that Walker, Dias and Akanji is the only players that occupies spaces that Arsenal leaves open, you move them around. He rectified it a bit by bringing Stones in, whi has the ability to free up the likes of Foden but we were still too cautious
But the changes were made, however Foden and Grealish came in and were unable to find space and mostly settled for passing the ball side ways like their team mates. You could see that Foden was trying to get himself in his usual shooting spot but couldn't.
City players are used to playing against low block defences and they know they have to move the ball fast. You have to give arsenal credit for defending the way they did though it wasn't very exciting to watch as a neutral, most teams wouldn't have closed every gap as fast as they did and held on as long as they did.

He’ll be gone at the end of the season after the 115 charges stick.
He'd better be gone. Sick and tired of the sight of him.

His moaning to the BBC recently was absolutely disgraceful. Squealing about how other clubs want City wiped off the face of the earth.

Yeah they do Pep, other clubs don't take kindly to missing out on trophies and CL spots thanks to you and your cheating, funnily enough.

If Arsenal could bottle any harder, Coca Cola would offer them a distribution contract.

Outside of that, and back to the bald cheat, it was fun to see him claim once again his team are victims when they equalised in the eighth minute of seven added minutes, and then get a further four minutes to win in.

This man might be my most hated in football history, he's not only clearly complicit in regards to absolute cheating at every side he's ever managed (not to mention he won't get punished for it), he also cultivated and inspired the most insipid form of football this planet has ever suffered.

If Arsenal could bottle any harder, Coca Cola would offer them a distribution contract.

Outside of that, and back to the bald cheat, it was fun to see him claim once again his team are victims when they equalised in the eighth minute of seven added minutes, and then get a further four minutes to win in.

This man might be my most hated in football history, he's not only clearly complicit in regards to absolute cheating at every side he's ever managed (not to mention he won't get punished for it), he also cultivated and inspired the most insipid form of football this planet has ever suffered.
Agree with all of this, except the only thing that I would add is that the entire footballing world seems so intent on praising him and giving him all of this credit, whilst conveniently ignoring all of the cheating allegations against him.

The narrative is slowly starting to shift now, but it's taken fecking long enough.

Pep Guardiola is the best manager in world football in the last 16 years..what narrative is started to change exactly?!

We literally consistently gave the ball to the wide men who couldn't take anyone on because there was no room. Everytime they did, one of the back 6 and one of the midfield 3 were immediately on top of them. Arsenal weren't going to give that kinda space which is why we had to get kinda lucky for the equaliser. They were happy to leave them with the ball till they hit the edge of the box. You can't find space where there is none. City created 2.7xg against a packed defence despite not playing well.

We created enough to win the game and lets be honest two dodgy goals and a dodgy red card messed up the game up for both teams. We win that game 7 or 8 times outta 10.

His team looks rattled. They probably sit around in the dressing room for ages, staring at a tactics board filled with nonsensical plans to rob a bank. And then Pep rocks out of a bathroom, sniffing uncontrollably, wiping powder from his nose, shouting incessantly about "fecking Premier League cock-a-roaches" coming to take him out.

He goes to a window, lifts the curtain, and tells the boys that the enemy is approaching - time to gear up. Rodri has to keep going over to tell him that he's lifting a towel on Haaland's peg, and there's no window there at all. But he doesn't listen. He just crouches behind a bench trying to load bullets into a bottle of Gatorade.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bitter?

Climb out of pep’s arsehole.
Yes. Bitter most of your supporters are.

You're spending all of your time snearing at him, when the fact is that you'd resort to human sacrifices to keep him forever if he was your manager.

Yes. Bitter most of your supporters are.

You're spending all of your time snearing at him, when the fact is that you'd introduce human sacrifices to keep him forever if he was your manager.
I’m not doing anything. I’m simply pointing out he’ll be associated with whatever happens to City and that’s not a good look.

For some reasons that’s triggered you. Bit odd for a Leicester fan.

He kinda made football more boring to watch. Not sure if it should be appreciated.
Only for those who are unable to compete and searching for a reason to lash out.

I’m not doing anything. I’m simply pointing out he’ll be associated with whatever happens to City and that’s not a good look.

For some reasons that’s triggered you. Bit odd for a Leicester fan.
That's not how football history will remember him, no matter how hard you wish for it to happen.

I am a football fan before being a Leicester one. I love the game and will never let my "club allegiance" get in the way of appreciating truly exceptional actors of the game no matter which club they're at. Be it players or managers.

Only for those who are unable to compete and searching for a reason to lash out.

That's not how football history will remember him, no matter how hard you wish for it to happen.

I am a football fan before being a Leicester one and never let my "allegiance" get in the way of appreciating truly exceptional actors of the game no matter which club they're at. Be it players or managers.
I’m not wishing for anything. I’m simply giving an opinion which I’m sure many will agree with. You don’t. Not sure why you’re getting so emotional over it to be honest.

I am a football fan before being a Leicester one. I love the game and will never let my "club allegiance" get in the way of appreciating truly exceptional actors of the game no matter which club they're at. Be it players or managers.
Nonsense. If city are found guilty and heavily punished he will forever be associated with that. Yes he's a brilliant coach but that's a stain that won't wash off, however much you may want it to.

Nonsense. If city are found guilty and heavily punished he will forever be associated with that. Yes he's a brilliant coach but that's a stain that won't wash off, however much you may want it to.

Apparently only bitter United fans think this and are wishing for it to happen.