Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters
Are fans allowed to travel to Carrington and muppet on players when they arrive, sign or leave etc? I see from the video they have the roads blocked off.

A signing like this should be more open to the public, it would attract a lot of fans.

I don't know if people realize it but players are checked every year when they comeback from holidays and the entire team is checked in 2-3 days. A single player medical will never take 3 days.
Actually it can. If you shoot a guy in outer space.

It would be good to 'introduce him' outside OT. Newcastle did it with Shearer and Owen - both were pretty incredible events.

Yeah pretty much, would be great. Could even open the ground up to fans, let them take their seats (charge £5 entry and give the proceeds to charity).

Would be a great move all round. Brilliant PR for the club too.

I'm on the fence, the A is clearly larger but you could make the case the N is capitalised

Having taken a course in palaeography and having transcribed medieval manuscripts with unclear capitalisation I would argue that the 'A' is certainly a Littera Notabilior and that the correct transcription is almost certainly Aon.

This is an interesting take on things:

Former Newcastle manager Graeme Souness on Sky Sports, speaking about Paul Pogba: “It is too much money. I’m yet to be convinced.
"I think you can be kidded by him because when he moves he’s like a Rolls Royce, but I’ve never seen him get hold of a game and dominate.
"I don’t see him changing that many games. It’s not like they’ve bought a Suarez who will get you 50 goals a season.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/37007786

Now these are my thoughts exactly.
The only thing which makes me postive about Pogba is that Jose wants him and thinks that he is worth £100M (or whatever the cost is).

My take on things is that if we break a world transfer record, that player needs to be a game changer. Messi. Neymar. Bale. Muller. These are the sorts of players who can win you a game, when the team as a whole are not performing particularly well.

Is this medical really going to take 2/3 days then? I just don't see how?

The only thing which makes me postive about Pogba is that Jose wants him and thinks that he is worth £100M (or whatever the cost is).

My take on things is that if we break a world transfer record, that player needs to be a game changer. Messi. Neymar. Bale. Muller. These are the sorts of players who can win you a game, when the team as a whole are not performing particularly well.
Don't be silly Graeme Sunamaess

Pogba is a game changer.

Mourinho has described Pogba as a Gerrard/Lampard type midfielder, these were game changers and I expect Mourinho sees Pogba as the type who can also be a game changer. He said he wanted a midfielder who can score more goals than even the no10.

In any case Pogba atm is one of those players who can decide a game in an instant, his weakness atm is that he doesn't dominate games for 90mins yet.

Souness is a class A cnut, ignore him.

How do we know Pogba won't dominate the midfield and win us games? He hasn't even signed yet. We've been crying out for a player who can pick the ball up deep and run with it for years.

MUTV should be made free on days like these and should follow the player around so it builds fan excitement

missed out on some priceless marketing
Ah, I forgot I'd got MUTV, will hopefully be some good stuff on tonight.

That's because Souness has watched him play in the Euros - That's it. And he probably didn't watch every game then.

Idiot.

So the suggestion was that we would pay Juventus more money (in the region of €145m) to cover what Juve owed Raoila which we patently have not done. If we had done that then it would be correct to include his fee in the transfer fee. Instead, we have either paid Raoila directly, e.g. an agent fee, or we haven't paid him the money at all and its coming out of Juventus' cut of the deal.
So you think Riola might have got his fee from us AND 20% of what we paid Juve? Or Riola didn't have an agreement with Juve whereby he was owed 20% of the transfer fee?

The thread title reminds me of this track, I hope they blasted it in his Chevvy

Making my way down Carrington, riding fast, faces pass, and I'm home bound :drool:

Pogba's haters are going to have to eat ass pie later in the season. I hope they all claim he will flop.

So you think Riola might have got his fee from us AND 20% of what we paid Juve? Or Riola didn't have an agreement with Juve whereby he was owed 20% of the transfer fee?
Raiola would definitely have got brokerage fee from us. Whether he also pocketed 20% from Juventus remains to be seen.

Souness' scouse sensibilities are affecting his judgement, Pogba will win Manchester United the Premier League.

Pogba is the closest we can buy to the player City had in Yaya Toure of a few seasons ago: He is strong, speedy and has a bullet shot. Its very true there are holes in his game, and these have been compensated for by playing him in a three man midfield for France and Juve. The key thing to note though is, Toure has the same flaws and in his prime still managed to dominate most Premier League sides. It was only in Europe, against more sophisticated opponents, that Toure got exposed. In the open spaces and end to end stuff of English football Toure looked terrific. I'd expect Pogba to be the same.

You just have to look at how Lingard cut through the centre of Leicester yesterday to see what impact Pogba will have in the Premier League.

My biggest worry about the medical today is if players are training today all the players will want to meet him before he even gets on a treadmill.

Could be a long medical.

No, xavi and iniesta never scored 50 goals or more, but they brought was an impact on the barca midfield which saw Barca dominate the midfield, who in the hell is out there like messi and neymar? if we payed 90 million for iniesta at the age of 23, I think the price would be justified. Players being worth 90 million in midfield is justified if he's one of the best midfielders in his position, which the CM is just has important has the attacking position. Its pretty damn hard to find a player of Pogba's quality's, and it is fantastic we going into big games with a dynamic CM like pogba has the big hitter

I think Raiola either got a fee directly from us in lieu of a payment from Juve or he got a cut from the transfer fee and we're paying a lot less than some Italian journalists would have had you believe. Or the third option that 20% was bollocks and no one is paying him that much.

Either way it seems silly to add a Raiola fee on top of the transfer fee. Every transfer costs the club more than the up front transfer fee price and will include agent fees and signing on fees that we don't include in the 'transfer fee' so it's inconsistent to start now.

My biggest worry about the medical today is if players are training today all the players will want to meet him before he even gets on a treadmill.

Could be a long medical.

How is this a worry? If its not done today it'll be done tomorrow. Makes no difference, he likely not to feature vs Bournemouth anyway

I am not a betting man or don't like claiming things but - I would be surprised if he wasn't in team of the season this year. Pogba is the type of player that never let's his head drop, if he performs like shite it won't bring him down it will only push him to surpass everyone and prove the doubters wrong, believing in yourself and letting nothing stop you is the most important attribute when it comes to developing into a world
Class player. His confidence is everlasting and probably his most important attribute.

Welcome home lad, we've missed you.

Forget game changer - Pogba will completely change the dynamic of our whole team if he plays to his abilities and is utilised in the right way. He can carry balls from midfield and make things happen as we have seen time and time again, and that's what this team has been crying out for since before Fergie left.

Pogba fees is unbelievable. One that makes you question the dynamics of football. But, no business in the world can attract the attention that football does. United didn't only buy a player, United made an investment. It also helps change our recently damaged reputation a little bit. Signing Pogba is a statement and a necessary one.

Pogba is young. He hopefully has 10 years of top level football in him. United has to be contending CL every year. Under Jose, Semifinals has to be a standard. We haven't done it for so long. With Pogba and Jose, we can do it. And it also shows that we want to do it.

If we managed to play Pogba in 2012, we probably could have won that championship. I am happy with the current state of United. But maybe, we wouldn't have suffered as we did for the last three years.

Paul Pogba is a red :devil: