Paul Pogba - Juventus player | ban reduced - able to play competitively from March 2025

In all seriousness, what is the issue with him getting so many injuries? Is it recurrence injuries, or new ones?

Always amazes me how some players like him and Martial struggle with so many injuries, reminds me of Anderton at Spurs and Saha too. A shame for them.

I used to be sympathetic to all injured players but now I think maybe some of them don't help themselves.

Pogba's physique changed about 3 years ago, he looks heavier. About the same time he started picking up these injuries. Could be a coincidence but I'm not sure.

I also saw the footage of him getting injured in training with France. It was a shooting drill and his technique was so lazy and sloppy it didn't surprise me he did his hamstring.

A crock who hasn't played well for years gets to start in France's first midfield? I think there's massive doubt

Your initial post was about him getting in the squad, you’ve moved the goalposts!

And in fairness he played in every international game in which he was available last season - 7 France games.

If you feel so strongly you should probably just mute the thread, it isn’t healthy to get this hot and bothered, particularly when he’s long gone already.

This goes for a solid 90% of the posts in this thread to be honest.
I don't understand what is so hot and bothered in the post. It's not like I actively hate him as a person.

Everyone's opinion should be welcomed, it's a public forum after all. Imo people shouldn't gatekeep what is 'healthy' and what is not based on one person's opinion.

Pogba's antics annoyed me towards the end of his time here, mainly his agent kicking up a fuss every 5 minutes, but his contribution to us while he played here has always been so downplayed by United fans it's almost staggering. You'd think he was Darron Gibson by the way some people talk about him, when in reality he was one of our best players for the majority of the time he spent at the club.

We will get to see more of this choo choo dude and see what all the fuss was about last season.

His injury problems can be traced to his ankle fracture that he suffered in September 2019 and was then misdiagnosed by club doctors and exploited by Solskjaer. He played two games injured with this fracture and worse still returned 3 months later and played another 2 games before being advised by his own doctors to receive surgery. He has never really recovered from it. He averaged 40 games a season before this unfortunate episode.

Martial and Rashford were also similarly exploited because we had a selfish man in charge that was desperate to protect his job and would go to any lengths to save it. I dont think people realize the extent of the damage he caused.
Yep, the players don’t have a say at all
https://onefootball.com/en/news/is-pogba-going-against-medical-advice-by-avoiding-surgery-35569418

Why are you obsessed with other people's opinion on Pogba? Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

I've had enough of that clown for a lifetime. Always half assing it, and injured otherwise. ETH would have benched him first thing, with his lazy workrate and giving the ball to the opposition in our half. He would have like 5 good games in 30, just enough to compile a good YT reel for the year.
He isn't even here anymore :lol: grow up he's just a footballer

It's staggering we offered him a contract last season.

We are so incompetent sometimes it is painful. Imagine if he'd signed it and we were still stuck with him, probably wouldn't have signed eriksen.

Eurgh it would have been horrible.

He isn't even here anymore :lol: grow up he's just a footballer
Dude what's your problem if I speak about someone on a public forum? What do you get by trying to gatekeep other people's opinions?

He isn't even here anymore, then why is there a thread about him? Maybe the whole world doesn't revolve around you, and other people can have opinions of their own. Saying grow up with a smiley doesn't magically make your opinion superior.

Dude what's your problem if I speak about someone on a public forum? What do you get by trying to gatekeep other people's opinions?

He isn't even here anymore, then why is there a thread about him? Maybe the whole world doesn't revolve around you, and other people can have opinions of their own. Saying grow up with a smiley doesn't magically make your opinion superior.
You tagged me you lunatic. I didn't specify you did I? :wenger:

His career has ultimately turning out a little disappointing after his initial start with Juve and his potential

It's been obvious for a couple of years now that his career is going to be one of unfulfilled potential. Certainly still a good career, but he's never been and never will be what we all thought he could

His injury problems can be traced to his ankle fracture that he suffered in September 2019 and was then misdiagnosed by club doctors and exploited by Solskjaer. He played two games injured with this fracture and worse still returned 3 months later and played another 2 games before being advised by his own doctors to receive surgery. He has never really recovered from it. He averaged 40 games a season before this unfortunate episode.

Martial and Rashford were also similarly exploited because we had a selfish man in charge that was desperate to protect his job and would go to any lengths to save it. I dont think people realize the extent of the damage he caused.

Rashford, Martial and Pogba are not well liked so it gets over looked. Martial himself can't seem to stay fit you then wonder if it's the impact of Ole's management. Rashfords form suffered for months and is now looking like going back to his best.

It's staggering we offered him a contract last season.

We are so incompetent sometimes it is painful. Imagine if he'd signed it and we were still stuck with him, probably wouldn't have signed eriksen.

Eurgh it would have been horrible.
Don’t believe negotiations were that far at all with Utd offering a new contract - publicly noises are fed out after tentative discussions with his agent but everyone knew Pogba was leaving on a free - he said it himself that the offer wasn’t what he wanted. They knew that - always looks to the media/fans that it’s better if you tried but failed rather than didn’t bother. You have to want to sit down and discuss to make a deal and that never materialised as PP’s agent said that they would wait until the end of the season. The offers they were hoping for never materialised. That’s why he ended back up at Juve. They didn’t learn anything from our experience.

Yes he left on a free but we got some big wage savings and also freed up a bed in the Carrington Infirmary - we also spent the money saved on his wages much better with Erikson, who has already contributed more to the team than PP in the last few seasons.

Pogba just never happened for us. It’s a nice relief that his circus has moved out of town and it’s a shame for him that he is again perpetually injured and now missing the WC.

I think he's done as a top player.

Injuries have taken a big toll. He just doesn't move around like 2018 and another knee injury could mean he will be just a really good player instead of world class.

I hope I'm wrong.

He actually seems like a good guy. I don't care about the agent stuff. If you sign with a big agent then you make a deal with the devil. Their job is to make you the most money. That's it.

He had some great seasons for us. The zlatan year he was immense. Zlatan had 27 goals but should have had 40. There is a 10 minute video of pogba creating chances like a demon and zlatan missed so many chances it was crazy.

Pogba is just not a great player if his team isn't great. It's why he was great for France and hit and miss with us.

It's a shame he came to us when we were shite. Yes he had his part in us being shite but we all know how good he can be in a good team.

France without Pogba and Kante who have really been the backbone of their team for many years. I wonder how they will do.

Injuries have taken a big toll. He just doesn't move around like 2018 and another knee injury could mean he will be just a really good player instead of world class.

I hope I'm wrong.

He actually seems like a good guy. I don't care about the agent stuff. If you sign with a big agent then you make a deal with the devil. Their job is to make you the most money. That's it.

He had some great seasons for us. The zlatan year he was immense. Zlatan had 27 goals but should have had 40. There is a 10 minute video of pogba creating chances like a demon and zlatan missed so many chances it was crazy.

Pogba is just not a great player if his team isn't great. It's why he was great for France and hit and miss with us.

It's a shame he came to us when we were shite. Yes he had his part in us being shite but we all know how good he can be in a good team.
Poor guy cant shake injuries. He'll come back, play well in some bad in others, then injury again.

France without Pogba and Kante who have really been the backbone of their team for many years. I wonder how they will do.

France have been without either or both of them for the majority of time since 2018. Basically, Tchouaméni has been better than Kanté or Pogba and the other players Tolisso, Rabiot, Fofana and Guendouzi have been inconsistent.

Last edited:
France have been without either or both of them for the majority of time since 2018. Basically, Tchouaméni has been better than Kanté or Pogba and the other players Guendouzi, Tolisso, Rabiot, Fofana and Guendouzi have been inconsistent.
Guendounzi even that inconsistent that he deserved to be mentioned twice :)

I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah he came away from those years being considered a villain around here, but he was the least of our worries and had way more great performances for us than people seem to remember. It's a shame, because all he really did wrong is have Raiola as an agent and get his hair cut.

Wonder how much falls on the medical team though. That period they just seemed to be a bunch of jokers

Wonder how much falls on the medical team though. That period they just seemed to be a bunch of jokers
The Juve manager has literally just said he ignored clubs advice about surgery in the summer and now he’s made everything worse.
Let’s just say I don’t think that’s a new thing from a 29 year old player

I mean, he is not even Khaby Lame and will never be.

The Juve manager has literally just said he ignored clubs advice about surgery in the summer and now he’s made everything worse.
Let’s just say I don’t think that’s a new thing from a 29 year old player
Fair, that doesn't take away from the reports of the misdiagnosis of his injury then, and if I remember correctly, there was a Maguire one that was supposed to be something like months and then he came back after one game!

I really doubt he would. One of our biggest improvements has been the midfield, and that's before Casemiro started to play, when we were still using mctominany.
I think they meant the France squad not United's.