Paul Pogba - Juventus player | ban reduced - able to play competitively from March 2025

I don't understand what is so hot and bothered in the post. It's not like I actively hate him as a person.

Everyone's opinion should be welcomed, it's a public forum after all. Imo people shouldn't gatekeep what is 'healthy' and what is not based on one person's opinion.
You said ‘I’ve had enough of that clown to last a lifetime’, yet you’re still talking about him well after he’s left the club.

Eriksen has already turned up for more matches, and performed to a level that made a difference to the result more times this season than Pogba did for us in any given full season while he was here, even disregarding injuries.

I mean this is just pure bollocks, Eriksen has been good and bad in equal measure in the handful of matches he has played for us.

Pogba played 233 games for us and had a goal contribution 1 in 3 games over that period, or a goal or assist every 190 mins. Eriksen has a goal contribution 1 in 4 or every 280 minutes currently.

Let’s look at a few seasons then,

20/21 terrible start to the season as revealed by Ole he had major struggles with covid. Once recovered from January until injury v Everton he was excellent. Having a major impact on results by both performance and output. Villa, Burnley, Liverpool, Fulham, Arsenal then after injury, Spurs, Burnley, Villa. In the Europa he was excellent against Milan, Grenada, Roma. He played in 42 matches with 15 goal contributions, as well as winning several important penalties, a goal or assist every 192 mins.

If we look at 17/18 season as someone referenced it as just one run of good form, again absolutely bollocks.

He started that season in excellent form, bar a couple of poor performances, but games like Leicester and Newcastle he was unbelievable in. As well as others. There were clearly issues behind the scenes with Jose though and that seemed to come to a head after Pogba saved his job. There was then the period under Ole where he was the best player in the league for 2/3 months before getting injured and he made it into the PL team for that season.

27 goal contributions in 47 appearances that season. A goal / assist every 147 mins.

Last season was his worst season by some distance yet he was getting slated from his first season. He was picked by his managers 90% of the time he was fit and available over 6 seasons. His performances far exceeded the narrative, he was criticised for what he wasn’t. Eriksen isn’t either funnily enough but he’s more ‘likeable’ middle management looking kind of nice guy. Similar to Juan fecking Mata who despite being the worst record transfer in our history, helicoptered in, actually had the united career your post is suggesting Pogba had….where Pogba had the second highest ratio of Caf MOTM performances to games played in his time…Mata had a good game against Liverpool and warmed the bench for half the time.

I mean this is just pure bollocks, Eriksen has been good and bad in equal measure in the handful of matches he has played for us.

Pogba played 233 games for us and had a goal contribution 1 in 3 games over that period, or a goal or assist every 190 mins. Eriksen has a goal contribution 1 in 4 or every 280 minutes currently.

20/21 terrible start to the season as revealed by Ole he had major struggles with covid. Once recovered from January until injury v Everton he was excellent. Having a major impact on results by both performance and output. Villa, Burnley, Liverpool, Fulham, Arsenal then after injury, Spurs, Burnley, Villa. In the Europa he was excellent against Milan, Grenada, Roma. He played in 42 matches with 15 goal contributions, as well as winning several important penalties, a goal or assist every 192 mins.

If we look at 17/18 season as someone referenced it as just one run of good form, again absolutely bollocks.

He started that season in excellent form, bar a couple of poor performances, but games like Leicester and Newcastle he was unbelievable in. As well as others. There were clearly issues behind the scenes with Jose though and that seemed to come to a head after Pogba saved his job. There was then the period under Ole where he was the best player in the league for 2/3 months before getting injured and he made it into the PL team for that season.

27 goal contributions in 47 appearances that season. A goal / assist every 147 mins.

Last season was his worst season by some distance yet he was getting slated from his first season. He was picked by his managers 90% of the time he was fit and available over 6 seasons. His performances far exceeded the narrative, he was criticised for what he wasn’t. Eriksen isn’t either funnily enough but he’s more ‘likeable’ middle management looking kind of nice guy. Similar to Juan fecking Mata who despite being the worst record transfer in our history, helicoptered in, actually had the united career your post is suggesting Pogba had….where Pogba had the second highest ratio of Caf MOTM performances to games played in his time…Mata had a good game against Liverpool and warmed the bench for half the time.
Jesus I can really see why you got that tagline.

I was slower than most to get off the Pogba train, but my word you're actually the driver of it still!

I was slower than most to get off the Pogba train, but my word you're actually the driver of it still!

It's amazing that someone is still happy to discuss that all over again.

Yes but Pogba cost 90m and Ericksen cost 0. Also we have post heart attack Ericksen and had Pogba at his absaloute peak.

Pogba is more talented but Ericksen is more of a team player. You can't just look at the footballing side of it either as Pogba comes with a circus/baggage whereas Ericksen is just about the football. Personally if given the choice of which 25 year old version of each to have in the side, I'd take Ericksen.

Yes but Pogba cost 90m and Ericksen cost 0. Also we have post heart attack Ericksen and had Pogba at his absaloute peak.

Pogba is more talented but Ericksen is more of a team player. You can't just look at the footballing side of it either as Pogba comes with a circus/baggage whereas Ericksen is just about the football. Personally if given the choice of which 25 year old version of each to have in the side, I'd take Ericksen.

Bloody hell mate. It's Eriksen!

Fexking ell, I desperately wanted Pogba to succeed here, and gave him a million excuses, I still maintain the United he believed he was re-signing for and the United he had during his time here would have been a massive disappointment for him, he really did leave a very good Juve side to end up playing with some utter shite.

That said, first season aside, he was shite and got progressively worse, Bruno was the eye opener for me, that a class player can rise above the shite teammates & if you offered United fans a chance now to swap current Eriksen with current Pogba (uninjured), 999 out of 1000 would pick the Dane.

Ericksen is a much more intelligent footballer and hes better at certain technical things.

Jesus I can really see why you got that tagline.

I mean, why are people peddling falsehoods like these:

Eriksen has already turned up for more matches, and performed to a level that made a difference to the result more times this season than Pogba did for us in any given full season while he was here, even disregarding injuries.

If nonsensical posts - easily verifiable - like the one above aren't made, the person you guys are cracking on wouldn't need to post evidence that clearly shows what they're saying is a lie. Most sensible, and well adjusted people know that that "Eriksen has already done more than Pogba" should get you a fast track season pass to Arkham Asylum

Bruno was the eye opener for me, that a class player can rise above the shite teammates & if you offered United fans a chance now to swap current Eriksen with current Pogba (uninjured), 999 out of 1000 would pick the Dane.

Bruno was good for half his first season - decent for the remainder. Has been largely poor with the odd good performance since. In any case, Bruno wasn't tasked with playing in a double pivot for most of his time here. It's like seeing Antony doing well/registering goal contributions and saying it's an eye opener regarding Wan Bissaka because Wan Bissaka didn't register similar attacking stats.

Pogba's spell at United overall was a disappointment for a multitude of reasons, some his fault. But the notion of Bruno being an eye opener is funny - and also it wasn't all bad for Pogba here.

It seems that he wasn't owning the circus. :angel:

Bruno was good for half his first season - decent for the remainder. Has been largely poor with the odd good performance since. In any case, Bruno wasn't tasked with playing in a double pivot for most of his time here. It's like seeing Antony doing well/registering goal contributions and saying it's an eye opener regarding Wan Bissaka because Wan Bissaka didn't register similar attacking stats.

No, it’s nothing whatsoever like that. It’s saying that good players can rise above their poor teammates and shine regardless, no-one is saying anything remotely close to that horrendous example you posted.

Also, how the funk was Bruno ”good” for half his first season then decent for the remainder when he signed in January ffs :lol: kinda hard to take you seriously when you even get the basics so wrong.

Oh and like feck Bruno has been poor aside from that first half season, what an utter crock of shite. In 20/21 he scored 28 goals with 17 assists, 45 goal contributions = “poor”. My fecking lord.

Last edited:
No, it’s nothing whatsoever like that. It’s saying that good players can rise above their poor teammates and shine regardless, no-one is saying anything remotely close to that horrendous example you posted.

Also, how the funk was Bruno ”good” for half his first season then decent for the remainder when he signed in January ffs :lol: kinda hard to take you seriously when you even get the basics so wrong.

Oh and like feck Bruno has been poor aside from that first half season, what an utter crock of shite.

to be fair, he writes half his first season. Bruno his first season is only half a full season but still Bruno his first season. So he would have been good for 25% of a total season.

Pogba was disliked because of the media and because he didnt live up to unrealistic expectations. Thats why people make his time at Manchester United seem way worse than it really was. Last season was bad, the season before wasnt great but before that he was as good as can be expected in a shit team with shit and/or defensive managers. Before he had covid and became injury prone Pogba was the best Manchester United player or at worse top 2 in the team during his second period. Pogba even made a team of the year so you just cant claim he didnt have a good year at all.

in an earlier post you talk about Bruno being an eye opener, he opened my eyes to how disliked Pogba really was. Pogba had a season with double digits goals and assists but it wasnt enough for many posters because Pogba took the penalties. Yet Bruno was the best midfielder in the league when he was scoring all those lock down period penalties… all of a sudden penalties were enough.

Value for money free Eriksen is better than record signing Pogba but Pogba at his best has been better than Eriksen has been showing (and likely will ever show). I would swap Eriksen for a young not injury prone Pogba. Pogba playing for a modern manager and next to Casemiro would be very good.

Pretty clear now that Pogba peaked early and then entered a slow decline at 23/24 due to injuries robbing him of some of his agility and mobility, then his stamina. Still a superb technical footballer but a shadow of the athlete he was.

In retrospect he was really quite good for Utd in his first couple of season, just expected him to be more.

to be fair, he writes half his first season. Bruno his first season is only half a full season but still Bruno his first season. So he would have been good for 25% of a total season.

Which, for anyone who watched that first half season, is clearly utter bullshit, did you not watch it? Because he’s got it wrong, in his first 7 PL games he was undefeated, scored 3, assisted 3. For the remaining 7 games he was undefeated, scored 5, assisted 4.

He was absolutely fecking brilliant.

Then he was on to contribute 45 goal contributions in 2020-21, a period the poster claimed he was “mostly poor”. :lol:

As I say, I gave Pogba all the excuses in the Worls, but as Bobski above says, his decline since that first excellent season for us was clear for all to see and ultimately he was an absolutely shite signing by the end. :(

One of the most overhyped players ever. Had a great career but he’s never come close to justifying the hype.

Oh and like feck Bruno has been poor aside from that first half season, what an utter crock of shite. In 20/21 he scored 28 goals with 17 assists, 45 goal contributions = “poor”. My fecking lord.

But that isn’t true, it’s the point I’m making. Good players will be good for a while, but without good team mates their level will drop. This is observable with both Pogba and Bruno - and again, Bruno didn’t play in a double pivot for majority of his time here - if at all - bad performances are more pronounced when you can be relatively ineffective - sometimes detrimental to the team - but then come up with one or two key moments. I just think there’s more to a performance than goal contributions.

I’m aware Bruno was signed in January, but often people credit him with a good first season. I don’t. To me he was good for his first 6-8 months here. Bruno’s form has been poor for a while and hiding behind his goal contributions - which was exactly what you did, despite those numbers also being inflated due to the abnormal amount of pens our front three won at the time. People also use said goal contributions to say he’s been good for longer right after saying he rose above his team mates - but that doesn’t make sense since said front three all had around +20 goals contributions the season he was signed. He didn’t rise above anything, we were firing offensively - but dysfunctional and inconsistent defensively as a team.

People also use said goal contributions to say he’s been good for longer right after saying he rose above his team mates - but that doesn’t make sense since said front three all had around +20 goals contributions the season he was signed. He didn’t rise above anything, we were firing offensively - but dysfunctional and inconsistent defensively as a team.

feck me, head in the sand.

From August 2019 until 30th Jan 2020, Martial had played 19 PL games and scored just 8 goals.
After 30th Jan he played 14 PL games and scored 9 goals…

As a team we scored 36 in 25 games. Then from 30th Jan we scored 30 in 14 games.

What changed?

“firing offensively“, I swear by these posts you’ve barely watched us, we were utter shite in 2019, something changed at the end of Jan 2020 mind when a side that had lost 8 in 25, winning just 10, suddenly looked unbeatable and in fact, remained unbeaten for the rest of the season. Winning 9 in the remaining 14 games.

Last edited:
feck me, head in the sand.

From August 2019 until 30th Jan 2020, Martial had played 19 PL games and scored just 8 goals.
After 30th Jan he played 14 PL games and scored 9 goals…

As a team we scored 36 in 25 games. Then from 30th Jan we scored 30 in 14 games.

What changed?

“firing offensively“, I swear by these posts you’ve barely watched us, we were utter shite in 2019, something changed at the end of Jan 2020 mind when a side that had lost 8 in 25, winning just 10, suddenly looked unbeatable and in fact, remained unbeaten for the rest of the season. Winning 9 in the remaining 14 games.

You can’t turn around and point at goal contributions for Bruno to justify your “he rose above” assertion - especially when a substantial number of those goal contributions came from pens carved by the front three - and when I turn around and point at goal contributions for other players to say they did well - get mad and say “it was all Bruno!”. It doesn’t work like that

I did say Bruno was good for a period of around 8 months. Whether we started firing offensively after he was signed is not the point. Yes he was core to that, but if other players are executing/contributing, which they did since they all ended with roughly +20 goal contributions - then Bruno didn’t exactly “rise above”, right? They all stepped up. Which is the point I’m making. Good players need good - or at least performing - players around them

You can’t turn around and point at goal contributions for Bruno to justify your “he rose above” assertion - especially when a substantial number of those goal contributions came from pens carved by the front three - and when I turn around and point at goal contributions for other players to say they did well - get mad and say “it was all Bruno!”. It doesn’t work like that

I did say Bruno was good for a period of around 8 months.

Got mad? :lol:

We got drastically better after Bruno arrived, that’s exactly how it worked. We suddenly scored more, and created more, and won more.

So yes, it does work like that.

Got mad? :lol:

We got drastically better after Bruno arrived, that’s exactly how it worked. We suddenly scored more, and created more, and won more.

So yes, it does work like that.

It really doesn’t. That’s not what rising above is/means.

Again, whether we started firing offensively after he was signed is not the point. Yes he was core to that, but if other players are executing/contributing, which they did since they all ended with roughly +20 goal contributions - then Bruno didn’t exactly “rise above”. They all stepped up.

It really doesn’t. That’s not what rising above is/means.

Again, whether we started firing offensively after he was signed is not the point. Yes he was core to that, but if other players are executing/contributing, which they did since they all ended with roughly +20 goal contributions - then Bruno didn’t exactly “rise above”. They all stepped up.

I don’t think you know what it means in fairness, you first said he was good for half of his first season, when his first season was half a season.
You now claim he was good for 8 months, a regular season is 10 months.
You claimed he has been “poor” aside from that. So maybe first, think back for a coherent argument of how long he was good for, and at what point you believe he became poor, it might then be easier to hold a debate with you, away from your constant flip flapping, because I don’t think you even have a clue what you’re talking about.
And yes he rose above, he elevated a struggling team, got them winning more and scoring more. Won United’s player of the year despite joining in fecking January. Then won it again the year after, making even the PL team of the year.

Has a United player ever previously won the Matt Busby player of the year despite joining in January? What more could he have done there to show you how much he elevated above his teammates man? :lol:

How many players having a poor season have made the PL team of the season? :confused:

What an absolutely bizarre debate against some utterly incoherent arguments.

Last edited:
I don’t think you know what it means in fairness, you first said he was good for half of his first season, when his first season was half a season.
You now claim he was good for 8 months, a regular season is 10 months.
You claimed he has been “poor” aside from that. So maybe first, think back for a coherent argument of how long he was good for, and at what point you believe he became poor, it might then be easier to hold a debate with you, away from your constant flip flapping, because I don’t think you even have a clue what you’re talking about.
And yes he rose above, he elevated a struggling team, got them winning more and scoring more. Won United’s player of the year despite joining in fecking January. Then won it again the year after, making even the PL team of the year.

I've not flip flapped once. Your "he rose above" just doesn't add up when G/A is the justification for it and you have a front three contributing around +20 each.

Bruno was good for the half season when he joined. People tend to credit him with a good first season - most speaking calendar year. I think he was good for 6-8 months after joining and then poor with the odd good performance since. If other players are performing - and contribute so substantially to the amount of G/A that's then the basis for "Bruno did this" argumentation - you're not rising above, so yeah that's not what it means. He did contribute and was core to it, which I've credited him for.

I wonder how many goals conceded in those 233 games were partly because Pogba lost his concentration, lost the ball or didn't track back...

I've not flip flapped once. Your "he rose above" just doesn't add up when G/A is the justification for it and you have a front three contributing around +20 each.

Bruno was good for the half season when he joined. People tend to credit him with a good first season - most speaking calendar year. I think he was good for 6-8 months after joining and then poor with the odd good performance since. If other players are performing - and contribute so substantially to the amount of G/A that's then the basis for "Bruno did this" argumentation - you're not rising above, so yeah that's not what it means. He did contribute and was core to it, which I've credited him for.

So now he was good for the first 4 months (regular season feb-may), and you’re giving him 2-4 months of the following season?

So however you spin it yes you’ve flip flapped from your initial “good for half a season”.

So he made the PL team of the year in 2020-21, won the Matt Busby POTY, created 20 big chances in the Premier League and scored/assisted 45 in all comps, with just 2-4 months of good form.

Wow! What a couple of months :eek:

Last edited:
It's not just stats.....Eriksen is just a more likeable fellow too and doesn't bring a bleeding circus with him.

You don't have to worry about him going on Tiktok and dancing like a bell after a heavy defeat or his agent or family member constantly bad mouthing us.

We are well rid of that cretin.

So now he was good for the first 4 months (regular season feb-may), and you’re giving him 2-4 months of the following season?

So he made the PL team of the year in 2020-21, won the Matt Busby POTY and scored/assisted 45, with just 2-4 months of good form.

Wow! What a 2 months:eek:

I don't know why you're trying to frame it as "so now" - as if my take as changed. It hasn't. I credited Bruno with a good spell of 6-8 months after joining. I also said he was decent for a while but think that he's been generally poor with good performances in between since. Whether you think it was for longer doesn't matter to me nor is it what I'm arguing - I suspect you're aware of this. I've also said there's more to a performance to me than goal contributions, and it's easier to go through spells of poor performances and then coming up with key moments in games when you're not playing in a double pivot. Evidently, I think that goal contributions alone don't tell the whole story, but a lot of other people do.

I'm not arguing that Bruno wasn't good at some point - I just don't agree that "he rose above the shite team mates" if the justification used is G/A when others had good output and contributed massively to Bruno's own output with a freak number of penalties won - then using that as "an eye opener" against a player that largely had defensive responsibilities for their time here.

If there is still a player in him, a more lively and now improving Juventus would accommodate him nicely for the second part of the season and then who knows… after all, he is still young enough to kick a ball instead of doing a poundland Khaby Lame impression on the tiktok.

This is peak Pogba for me. Despite his troubles we really should have built a better team in the time he was here. when in full flow I'm not taking many players ahead of him.

I hope the injuries havent taken their toll and he returns in a good physical state.

This is peak Pogba for me. Despite his troubles we really should have built a better team in the time he was here. when in full flow I'm not taking many players ahead of him.

I hope the injuries havent taken their toll and he returns in a good physical state.

But for every game like that there was 2 or 3 absolutely dreadful ones, and the rest of the time he was out injured.

such a technically gifted player despite his size. Silky. In fact, his size caused him to be mis-profiled by many. All them years wasted in a double pivot. Sigh