Omar Berrada: Manchester United aiming to win the title by 2028

It should not be taking another 4 years. Guardiola won it in like his 2nd in England didn’t he? Klopp was challenging in like 2/3 years.

Guardiola inherited a team in significantly better shape that had won the title twice in the preceding 5 years so is not really a fair comparison. Klopp is more reasonable, he was challenging in his third season and won it in his fifth so by that metric ETH should have been challenging this year which although it is early in the season seems very unlikely. The squad is better but in all probability a new man will be leading the team next season and so that target would give him 3 years to get the job done which is reasonable although if City really do get hammered into oblivion due to the 115 then that timetable should definitely accelerate.

I can't see us turning around until 2030 something after all the money we've wasted. 2038 is more realistic
I mean that is a ridiculous opinion, there’s no real logical reason beyond negativity to think it could take that long, especially with the clear intent being shown by the new structure.

I mean that is a ridiculous opinion, there’s no real logical reason beyond negativity to think it could take that long, especially with the clear intent being shown by the new structure.

It's because of... the curse

How? Have our standards really fallen that low that even after spending 650m on new players we still wont win a title for 4 years.
We should expect more impact from the 650m but the problem is that we are poor at recruiting, eg Antony, Sancho, Casemiro, Mount, Maguire. The gap to City is not narrowing, it is widening. At least we are now signing younger players but we are not a well coached team.

Omar Berrada: "You will not be informed of the meaning of Project 150 until the time is right for you to know the meaning of Project 150."

Johnson.jpg

If that’s their aim then they aren’t fecking around unlike a certain family in Florida.

Already in this calendar year the whole board has completely transformed and shows no signs of stopping with the proposed appointments of a performance director and a revenue director recently. They have clearly done their homework and they’re making encouraging moves.

The whole new OT project is in motion. Carrington is being significantly revamped. A ton of players got sold in the summer. Recruitment is a lot more smarter. It’s the actual football that’s letting us down currently.

To be honest, it depends on Man City's charges, United finished 2nd behind them twice, once under Jose, once under Ole and neither were 'great' sides but you take City out of it and United hit a good run of form and you never know. The other teams can be inconsistent.

How? Have our standards really fallen that low that even after spending 650m on new players we still wont win a title for 4 years.

They have. I'm not pleased about it either, but winning the league next season is just not realistic.

It should not be taking another 4 years. Guardiola won it in like his 2nd in England didn’t he? Klopp was challenging in like 2/3 years.

Pep was playing with a cheat code enabled, that doesn't count.

Klopp: He challenged after three (two and a half) seasons of not challenging. He didn't actually win until after four (three and a half) seasons.

2028 is reasonable...or not unreasonable.

We are competing against the same filthy cheats Klopp was up against, let's not forget that.

(Then again, I think we should do better than Liverpool - we should be close to a challenge pretty soon.)

Word is he was being interviewed in Aberdeen.
Berrada walking in on ETH preparing for the game against Spurs:

Just wanted to drop by and say "Have fun." Tonight should be a free-fire idea zone. Watch a DVD, eat some pizza, feck each other. I'm serious. feck a chicken if that's what it takes. Watch a chicken fecking a horse. What?

The only reason it appears unrealistic is because this season is looking like another write-off. We should be challenging for top 4 this season.
It's not even October. A top four challenge is perfectly possible. This is our first Glazer free year. The clock starts here.

It’s a good goal to set. We have to see continued improvement season after season to get there though. We really need to be finishing top 4 consistently starting from this season before mounting serious title challenges leading up to 2028.

We should expect more impact from the 650m but the problem is that we are poor at recruiting, eg Antony, Sancho, Casemiro, Mount, Maguire. The gap to City is not narrowing, it is widening. At least we are now signing younger players but we are not a well coached team.

I agree, we are doing better with the recruitment now as most of the players we are singing are on the way up rather than on the way down so it is reasonable to expect them to become better over the next couple of seasons. I worry that we might squander that potential by leaving ETH in charge though. I don't think he is hopeless, his career proves that is not the case, but he is not the right man for this job which is undertandable as very few are. I hope INEOS do not hesitate to make a change if things don't improve significantly soon.

It’s vitally important for any organisation to have benchmarks, milestones and objectives set out. It’s the only way the whole organisation can work in alignment towards a concrete destination. It’s important those objectives are reasonable and attainable, even if they seem ambitious. Ambition, after all, is the name of the game. “Improving” isn’t a concrete objective and due to its subjective nature can be interpreted in multiple ways. It’s fundamental to success to have these sorts of concrete milestones laid out in your strategic plan.

Happy to hear it.

Pep was playing with a cheat code enabled, that doesn't count.

Klopp: He challenged after three (two and a half) seasons of not challenging. He didn't actually win until after four (three and a half) seasons.

2028 is reasonable...or not unreasonable.

We are competing against the same filthy cheats Klopp was up against, let's not forget that.

(Then again, I think we should do better than Liverpool - we should be close to a challenge pretty soon.)
Well ETH is coming up to the similar time it took klopp to start challenging. It’s a joke that we’ve gone about 11 years without challenging since Fergie left. The question is will we win it before the 30 year mark…

Well, if recent history is any predictor of future success. Yes - Our standards have really fallen and we are currently not a very good team.