Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch

Would be interesting with a poll if people would take him back as interim.
For entertaining football, a passion, a belief until we can get our number one target, why not. It was shit at the end, mainly due to Ronaldo being signed, but let's go!

Is it too late to sign him the players he wanted? I'd take Ole back if it came with Rice, Grealish, Bellingham, and Haaland.

I don't buy that he's in line to land a managerial position at a major club. And I would absolutely not want him back here as interim or manager. That is done. He reached his ceiling.

I don't buy that he's in line to land a managerial position at a major club. And I would absolutely not want him back here as interim or manager. That is done. He reached his ceiling.
His ceiling being?

He did unprecedented things at Molde. Took United to a European final. In the right structure with the right assistants I could see him doing really well in Germany or France.

Nowadays ETH makes me crave for LVG’s “philosophy”.

Keeping results aside, the only time I stopped watching games was when LVG was our manager. It was dour, tumescent, and anemic. Nothing really happened. I would have even preferred a loss while taking risks than that borefeat.

Yesterday, after a long time I got that feeling again.

Ten Hag’s the only one I’ve had to stop watching over. I never saw LVG set the team up so fundamentally wrong as ETH. His issue was the transfers, and that it was dull. There was a short run of very good stuff under him, too. Ten Hag has lost the plot here, and he has to go.

Ole was decent for us, but no way should we be going back there. I'd love to see him do well somewhere else.

His ceiling being?

He did unprecedented things at Molde. Took United to a European final. In the right structure with the right assistants I could see him doing really well in Germany or France.

Not at the level of competing for major trophies at top clubs. So a level below at most. I remember being top of the league in January and he started talking down our chances and saying we'd prefer to be the hunters. Then later he came out with the trophies are for egos. He doesn't have it.

How many top clubs are looking for a manager? I can’t think of any other than United

Doesn't necessarily mean it's us.

But it probably is.
New managers doing well. : barca, Milan, Chelsea, pool, juve, Napoli, marseille, Bayern

Doin well : Inter, psg, Madrid, ath Madrid, city, Newcastle, spurs, villa

Best I can think are Utd, Dortmund, Ajax

New managers doing well. : barca, Milan, Chelsea, pool, juve, Napoli, marseille, Bayern

Doin well : Inter, psg, Madrid, ath Madrid, city, Newcastle, spurs, villa

Best I can think are Utd, Dortmund, Ajax
Major club can mean a lot of things.

If I have learnt anything from a media that is prone to hyping things for clicks, a "major club" can also mean a club that is playing the first division of Micky mouse leagues.

Well the only time I have really liked watching football since Rooney left is when Ole was here, so feck it, the nostalgia alone is more fun than the shit we have now.

Would take Ole back to the end of the season rather than suffer this current fraud any longer.

When you see how bad things have gotten, we should have stuck with Ole for longer.

INEOS have shit the bed at every critical decision on the footballing side, but if they bring back a manager who has already failed at the club then we are even more fecked under their ownership than we previously thought.

Can’t see any other “major” club having a single reason to speak to him other than us. will lose a lot of faith in Ratcliffe, Berada, Ashworth etc if he is appointed.

The chapter of having Ole as a manager should be completely closed, he hasn’t proved us wrong by any means after leaving us. Wasn’t he coaching 14-year olds in Norway after us? Him turning down Denmark is almost bonkers, as I find coaching them would be way over his capabilities.

This would be just as bad as Southgate imo. Didn’t like the feeling of how Oles’ legacy as a player got tarnished at the end of his last tenure.

Wanted to separate the player from the manager but his football and delusional quotes made it hard, people seem to forget how infuriatingly bad we were under him. Would even take Moyes or Mourinho back before him.

I get truly sick of this club at times. We just never learn. Just the fact that Ten Hag is still our manager says a lot.

INEOS have shit the bed at every critical decision on the footballing side, but if they bring back a manager who has already failed at the club then we are even more fecked under their ownership than we previously thought.

Explain?

Can you give examples?

Explain?

Can you give examples?

1. Failing to sack ETH in summer

2. Extending his contract, which meant he kept transfer control and spent £200m further on signing more dross. INEOS themselves negated "best in class footballing structure" due to this feck up

3. Failing to sack ETH after Spurs disaster, and as of now he is still our manager

They have already made a hattrick of shit decisions. Bringing Ole back would be cherry on shit cake. Our fans are actually moronic, manager is the most important appointment at the club but these sentimental fools want a manager who has already failed at the club and was incredibly hard to get rid of. We are an utter joke and laughing stock of the whole world, opposition fans are already pining for Ole to come back because they have seen this movie before. How our fans fail to see any of this is utterly bonkers.

1. Failing to sack ETH in summer

2. Extending his contract, which meant he kept transfer control and spent £200m further on signing more dross. INEOS themselves negated "best in class footballing structure" due to this feck up

3. Failing to sack ETH after Spurs disaster, and as of now he is still our manager

They have already made a hattrick of shit decisions. Bringing Ole back would be cherry on shit cake. Our fans are actually moronic, manager is the most important appointment at the club but these sentimental fools want a manager who has already failed at the club and was incredibly hard to get rid of. We are an utter joke and laughing stock of the whole world, opposition fans are already pining for Ole to come back because they have seen this movie before. How our fans fail to see any of this is utterly bonkers.

So failing to sack a manager is 1 but you have put it in there twice... So all 3 are related to the manager.. didn't realise that football side of things is ONLY the manager. It shows lack of understanding of a football club because there are plenty changes on the football side.

I dont know if its ignorance or what but you know the transfer control is not him, I mean its very obvious from the types of profiles / fees we went for. Secondly, he didn't want to sell McTominay but the club did, so throws this narrative that he is in charge of transfers out the door.