Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch

Maybe but I doubt the reason he is still without a job is simply because he doesnt want to manage in the Championship. Its more likely that no club in the Championship has offered him a role.
Up until 18 months ago, PL clubs were still employing Frank Lampard. Wayne Rooney recently got the Plymouth job despite taking Birmingham from promotion contenders to relegation candidates. I'm sure Championship clubs aren't turning their nose up at the idea of hiring a manager who got back-to-back top 4 finishes in the PL.

Or they fume because they said all along during Ole's tenure that it's not good enough and faced ridicule from people who could not/would not see it.

Then they are eventually proven right... Only to see people want now him back.

Personally I was one of the people who were against his permanent appointment and never thought he was going to get us places. He did better than I thought and there were good moments during his tenure... But never enough to bring him back or anything like that.
Only a few crazies thought he'd have us winning the title up against a peak City and Liverpool. You weren't a nostradamus for being 'proved right' on that front.

Only a few crazies thought he'd have us winning the title up against a peak City and Liverpool. You weren't a nostradamus for being 'proved right' on that front.

In order to know Solskjaer wasn't good enough - not just to win a title - one did not need to be nostradamus. Just open one's eyes.

Maybe Ole is just a much better manager than you so confidently believe? Some of the things you're saying about him just in these latest posts of yours are just straight up untrue, and made-up.

"going back to principles from the early 2000" like what even are you talking about?
Oles idea of tactic was passion, verticality, pace, intensity and directness. Not that those are wrong but at this point in time, every team was shaped like that. Then came Barcelona with their tiki taka showing that you can combine such football with collective principles to get even better. From then on, more and more teams employed pressing and zonal principles, positional play. We went from Fergie to "be hard to beat" Moyes, LVGs version of possession football which had zero penetration as long as he didn't have a great individualist on form, to destructive Mourinho. Only to arrive at Ole... Who then wasted even more time chasing a form of football that isn't the meta anymore.
Ok.. is what Athletico doing bad ? Is Real following the Tiki taka ? They don't follow tiki taka..
Nobody cares if we win the league playing like Athletico..
You shouldn't act as if you can speak for anybody. And just fyi - your Atletico example isn't really good as the success isn't soooo great and even them went on to become more proactive than before. If all you care about is results, thats fine. Go for it. You can save yourself the time to watch the games then and you can talk about us being great when we won 3:1 and we were shit when we lost 0:1. Each to their own. But lets not act as if you would set the marks here and anybody else is "just not getting it".
We were far better under Ole although many don't like to admit it because of how much better they said we'd be with a 'real coach' etc.

But that ship has sailed, there's no chance he'll be coming back.
Thats actually true. I was also under the impression that a half decent coach must have been able to get more out of this squad. Either I've been wrong or we don't have a half decent manager right now. But after all - all this doesn't really make Ole a better coach because we wasted time moving sideways.
I remember a few we won against City when we were coached by Ole..
I am sure Pep and his players are still really distraught when we beat them to "close the distance" to 11 or 12 points behind them when around Christmas we were pretty even with them... Oles City knack is a bit overplayed, whenever Pep really needed a result, he got it. Granted, Ole had us playing very intense against them, those were games we really looked up for it. But in the grand scheme of things it was more a case of "just another game for City" while it was "our world cup final". Something we made fun of Liverpool back in the day...
Exactly. Ole managed to play the best football under a poor recruitment structure. We now have a lot better of a team than when Ole was here. If we had Ratcliffe and that running the show when ole was here do you think we spend 80m on Maguire?
I'll save us the time and state that this post is exactly in line with the rest of your posts and hope we agree to disagree.
«If your family needs you, then of course I will help. I would say "yes" any day of the week»

His answer is more a result of gratitude towards United that he was given the honorable task of being manager of the club for a few years. He loved it, but himself knows that he will never be a permanent manager at the club again, so I think it was a polite answer - which also expressed that he loves United.
I like that way of interpreting the whole thing. It would have been the smart thing to just politely avoid that question but in this day and age and with journalists crazy for something to get some sauciness out of, it is just fine.
"Some of my favourite post-Fergie memories were under Ole"

"2nd and 3rd in back to back seasons was decent"

"I enjoyed those wins at the Etihad with Dan James and Lingard starting"

The meltdown in some of these responses are genuinely hilarious :lol:

"Ole in-ers are a cult!"

"These posts make me want to delete my account"

Get a grip lads. There's disliking a managerial reign and then there's just irrational hatred towards a half-decent manager. The frothing at the mouth from certain posters comes across as weirdly resentful as if Ole shagged your missus or something.
Follow your own advice. My post had absolutely nothing to do with "irrational hatred towards a half-decent manager" but with being shocked that so many fans seemingly learned absolutely nothing from the misery. I am sure, you are capable of seeing the difference arent you? I am sure you would have been able to understand that from my first post as well. It starts getting a bit tiresome always getting accused of some form of hate.

The answer has to be no. If we need an interim manager right now we're likely better off going with Ruud than with Ole.

Oles idea of tactic was passion, verticality, pace, intensity and directness. Not that those are wrong but at this point in time, every team was shaped like that. Then came Barcelona with their tiki taka showing that you can combine such football with collective principles to get even better. From then on, more and more teams employed pressing and zonal principles, positional play. We went from Fergie to "be hard to beat" Moyes, LVGs version of possession football which had zero penetration as long as he didn't have a great individualist on form, to destructive Mourinho. Only to arrive at Ole... Who then wasted even more time chasing a form of football that isn't the meta anymore.
always getting accused of some form of hate.
In an era where a lot of people online and on the caf think that 'football is boring now' and there are no more superstars due to the likes of Pep coaching the mavericks out of players, I thought it was refreshing to see Ole encourage his forwards to use their individual brilliance instead of coaching repetitive patterns of play. Sure, it wasn't the way to win a PL title but top 3 finishes in each of his full seasons was evidence of his tactics being successful enough to warrant some credit.

Follow your own advice. My post had absolutely nothing to do with "irrational hatred towards a half-decent manager" but with being shocked that so many fans seemingly learned absolutely nothing from the misery. I am sure, you are capable of seeing the difference arent you? I am sure you would have been able to understand that from my first post as well. It starts getting a bit tiresome always getting accused of some form of hate.
I apologise for accusing you of irritational hate. Just on the bolded part - 'misery' isn't a word I would use to describe Ole's tenure. As a fan, I felt happier under Ole than any other manager. Far from miserable. There were a couple of miserable results in his last month at United but overall the good memories far outweigh the bad memories.