Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch

Ten Hag won a final against Man City. Ole couldn’t get past them in a semi.
I remember a few we won against City when we were coached by Ole..
Those games you cannot say..more often we lose..
There is nothing between Ole and Ten Haag..just Ten Haag fluked 2 finals ..
Ole's team were more entertaining..
I know you all are happy thinking that we have bought better players..
But Martial, blind, VDB, Maguire, Awb were all promising when we bought them ..

Right now , if we want anything from this season,
Sack the coach and get a new coach
I would be happy with Tuchel

There’s only one ex United striker taking over if ten hag gets the boot, and he’s already sat in the dugout

It's concerning when you think "finally, the penny has dropped with other supporters over Ten Hag" only to see them running back to Ole. It was equally as painful listening to the excuses for him for so long too. Some of our fans never learn, and that's putting it extremely lightly. I don't want to offend so I'll say no more, safe in the knowledge that there's no way Berrada etc go for Ole.

Seriously if Ole comes in to replace Ten Hag I'm done....

:lol:

I get why people have concluded that ETH cannot be successful here, I'm almost there myself. I get why they ridicule those few of us left who still support him or are on the fence. But when some people start talking of bringing Ole back I wonder if we just get what we deserve.

Can never forgive Ole for not subbing DeGea before the pens. Everyone knew we needed a miracle to win a penalty contest with the worst penalty keeper ever! DeGea wasn't even close to save one of the 11 penalties
Imagine not forgiving a manager for not subbing a goalkeeper out for a penalty shootout.

Something that is so rare, that it has happened only a handful of times in the entire history of football.

The football in those seasons wasn’t sustainable and so it proved the year he left/was sacked.

I know we’re fed up of ten hag but how on earth is ole coming back the answer.
Neither was most of our football under Fergie to be fair. Unsustainable low xG foootball is when you get players to perform over their ability and expected output. Isn’t that the point of a good manager?

There’s only one ex United striker taking over if ten hag gets the boot, and he’s already sat in the dugout
Employing a manager that got sacked off PSV that Rangers emptied in the Champions League doesn't make any sense at all. RVN must be there to try buy ETH time and that alone. ETN goes, the backroom staff go too hopefully.

It's concerning when you think "finally, the penny has dropped with other supporters over Ten Hag" only to see them running back to Ole. It was equally as painful listening to the excuses for him for so long too. Some of our fans never learn, and that's putting it extremely lightly. I don't want to offend so I'll say no more, safe in the knowledge that there's no way Berrada etc go for Ole.
An Ole vs Southgate thread for next manager would be entertaining.

This fanbase is absolutely insane! :lol: Going by some of the takes on this thread, I can only assume that people enjoy complaining about us more than us actually getting better..

What a ridiculous joke. I would know for sure that Ineos have no clue what they are doing if they even entertained this nonsense.

For some on here we are apparently only a few bad results away from getting Woody back, because he was around when Ole worked his magic...

This thread seriously makes me consider just deleting my account... I know it is mostly a waste of time anyway but this is actually a bit crushing
Exactly. Ole managed to play the best football under a poor recruitment structure. We now have a lot better of a team than when Ole was here. If we had Ratcliffe and that running the show when ole was here do you think we spend 80m on Maguire?

Totally in for this. Ole had us playing the best football since 2013 and exactly what a United manager should be… recruitment choices were his downfall. New structure, bring him back!

Neither was most of our football under Fergie to be fair. Unsustainable low xG foootball is when you get players to perform over their ability and expected output. Isn’t that the point of a good manager?
Ole was a legend as a player, but there is day and night difference comparing Fergie to Ole. Fergie could win trophies with the most basic players, Ole spent over £400 mill and won nothing. You cant even compare his trophy haul as a manager to 3 of our other managers since Fergie.

I can't believe anyone is contemplating bringing him back. The guy won nothing as a manager, Tactics/coaching were delegated to others, he had zero discipline, he fecked off to Norway on a holiday when his job was on the line and he switched gameplay mid through which made all the players in his first transfer window redundant. If we're bringing someone from that regime then at least lets sign the guy who had brains ie McKenna.

Anyone wanting Ole back is absolutely mental.

A former United striker and legend that played for the club 20 years ago before going back to his homeland to start his managerial career in an inferior league, winning a couple of trophies? I didn’t like it when he was brought in as interim and thought it was stupid when he was given the job.

Nah not for me, I’m hoping that Van Nistelrooy is given the interim job and can lift the club a bit and get the players cooking and then if he does well enough over a stretch he could be given the job full time.

A former United striker and legend that played for the club 20 years ago before going back to his homeland to start his managerial career in an inferior league, winning a couple of trophies? I didn’t like it when he was brought in as interim and thought it was stupid when he was given the job.

Nah not for me, I’m hoping that Van Nistelrooy is given the interim job and can lift the club a bit and get the players cooking and then if he does well enough over a stretch he could be given the job full time.

I don't mind him in a Giuseppe Baresi type of role (at Inter) where he is moved around according to the club wishes and needs (ie scout, assistant manager, temporary manager, technical assistant etc). It would mean that if we sack a manager then we do not need to bring a temp manager from the outside. However that role need to be clearly defined with every party in question knowing that hell will freeze before he'll get the managerial role on a permanent basis.

That can be quite tough on anyone though. At one moment Baresi was sitting near Mourinho as Inter were cruising into a treble and suddenly he fount himself at the fringes as Mancini and Benitez didn't fancy him

Stop getting your knickers in a twist.

I love Ole, but the club under INEOS are not going to go backwards. Allegedly they’ve already been asking about Allegri as interim

This.

So you didn't want a former Utd striker who's managerial experience was winning trophies in an inferior league as interim or given the job full time.

But now, you'd like see a former Utd striker who's managerial experience has only seen minor success in an inferior league as interim or given the job long term.

Makes sense.

So you didn't want a former Utd striker who's managerial experience was winning trophies in an inferior league as interim or given the job full time.

But now, you'd like see a former Utd striker who's managerial experience has only seen minor success in an inferior league as interim or given the job long term.

Makes sense.
It’s so specific I hoped someone might get it, alas

Mourinho yes..
LVG AND Ten Hag .. No..
Ten Hag couldn't even win against Twente , Copenhagen.. so let's forget about it ..
Worst manager we have ever had ..
ten Hag beat Pep's city in a cup final and won a trophy in his first attempt.

But can he finish a distant second in the league?

Until then he's the worstest ever and we need Ole to come back. Bring back McFred, Martial, Pogba, Telles and Dan James.

Last edited:
Employing a manager that got sacked off PSV that Rangers emptied in the Champions League doesn't make any sense at all. RVN must be there to try buy ETH time and that alone. ETN goes, the backroom staff go too hopefully.
I’m not saying I want it to happen, but that’s surely half the reason he agreed to step down to being an assistant.

Bring him back, Keane as assistant, Buttner as defensive coach, Bebe as set piece coach, O'shea as goalkeeping coach and we are set.

If we bring him back or appoint potter or southgate then we might as well bring back woodward and his partner murtough and fold the club.

Ole received enough abuse but if he is smart just stay away and enjoy your life.

Bring him back to manage the u23s, that way we’ll have two equally piss poor managers at the two highest levels at the club. Less disconnect!

:lol: ffs

The clamour for Ole’s return is actually real? I thought it was a joke. Our fan base has some proper unresolved trauma/PTSD they need to deal with…

It's not like in real-time a shit tonne of people weren't happy with him as manager, for good reasons. But, with the power of revisionism, we were a fantastic attacking side who were a whisker away from being a great side.

I can't wait for the power of revisionism to kick in for ETH in years to come: 3rd place, 2nd highest points total post-Fergie, 3 finals, 2 Cups. It'll sound like the glory years.