Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I loved was the fans dynamic with the team. It did feel like when I watched us live under SAF.

That the team got emotional boost from the fans in a positive way.

Damn you. I just spent ages going through Solskjaer's record on TransferMarkt counting the number of times we've scored 5 or more and you've just posted a tweet.

Either way, it's impressive. 10 times since taking over.
Mourinho didn't achieve it once.

Damn you. I just spent ages going through Solskjaer's record on TransferMarkt counting the number of times we've scored 5 or more and you've just posted a tweet.

Either way, it's impressive. 10 times since taking over.
Mourinho didn't achieve it once.

Mourinhos football was beyond tragic for the most part.

There was so much crying pre game when the line up was announced.

Almost everything today was perfect. We had the unveiling of Varane which had Old trafford rocking. Then a great start with intensity against rivals.
And five goals, again with a debut of Sancho too.

Hopefully we get players fit and healthy and available. I do think we will see more subs and rotation with a few more players added now which Ole will trust.

There was so much crying pre game when the line up was announced.

Almost everything today was perfect. We had the unveiling of Varane which had Old trafford rocking. Then a great start with intensity against rivals.
And five goals, again with a debut of Sancho too.

Hopefully we get players fit and healthy and available. I do think we will see more subs and rotation with a few more players added now which Ole will trust.
The bolded part really fecks me off to be honest. Not a single moaner comes back and says "I was wrong about the lineup, Ole got it bang on", they're just back next week with the same shit, frothing at the mouth because McTomminay is starting

The bolded part really fecks me off to be honest. Not a single moaner comes back and says "I was wrong about the lineup, Ole got it bang on", they're just back next week with the same shit, frothing at the mouth because McTomminay is starting
But you know what would have happened had it finished 1-1 :lol:

He's built something special here, this is the best United team we've had post Fergie, easily as well.

Scotty was class today! Love him and Fred.

You can see why the likes of LVG and Ole wanted a left footed CB. Look at how Lindelof passes thru the line on the right side. Harry as good as his passing skill can't do it from the left side.

As for today, we played with 2 10s while Greenwood created from deep like a false 9 with James attacked from both flanks. Very fluid though we might not be able to play it against every one.

Give the man a lifetime contract.
Thank god we are not overestimating a single game :)

Great start to the season. And a very encouraging performance against a Leeds side that seems incapable of creating some sort of balance between attack and defense. Like last year, we were great at exploiting that and we have seen some very good finishing. Understat has the xG as 1.64 : 0.57, so we continue with the overperforming part.

Next games are:
Southhampton
Wolves
Newcastle
Westham
Aston Villa
Everton

CL starts mid of september so we have at least 6-8 weeks to really work on stuff with the team and the new signings. Always a week inbetween games, at least I couldn't find any cup fixtures or something. This is proper luxury I think.

After these games, from 16th of October, a potentially decisive period will start
Leicester
Liverpool
Spurs
City
Watford
Chelsea
Arsenal

plus CL games

We have to be up and running until then. It was a great game today, nevertheless I would have hoped to see some resemblance from the single-pivot stuff from pre-season. But it was more or less the same football as last season. I hope we make maximum use of the time we have now.

:lol:

100% they will. It could be any of the following:

1) He wasn't given the right 'tools' to succeed

2) He wasn't given a DM which squad is in dire need of

3) We got injuries... Liverpool were injury free throughout the season

4) We went from Smalling to Varane, that's progre....

Pick your poison. I hope this season is a rousing success under Ole but any semblance of having a rational debate when it comes to him is not happening on this board.
Perhaps there are good reasons why Ole hasn't won the league yet and the people outlining those reasons aren't mad.

What if he does win the league? Will you defer to those people on footballing matters in the future or will you talk about how he obviously improved his 'management' and you were starting to notice a few months back.

Yeah I think McFred gets unfair criticism, our best midfield two against Leeds no doubt so Ole did the right thing there. I criticized the lineup because of James. If we had Sancho instead of James it would've ended 7-1 so I won't apologize and say I was wrong.

Yeah I think McFred gets unfair criticism, our best midfield two against Leeds no doubt so Ole did the right thing there. I criticized the lineup because of James. If we had Sancho instead of James it would've ended 7-1 so I won't apologize and say I was wrong.
That's fine, I'm not James biggest fan either but he does a lot of running and scares the shit out of defenders so he does play a role, his final 3rd stuff is very poor though. I understand that gripe, but I don't understand the negativity about McFred, Lindelof etc, which turns into Ole being called a coward for picking them. It's just needles negativity by miserable bastards

Personally if he keeps improving the quality of the squad - I can tone down my expectations until the squad is near perfectly filled with quality.

Sancho has just joined the team, not had a pre season with us, everyone understand that he isn't going to start the game.
Getting 25-30 minutes is great for the first match.

At least Mark Goldbridge had the integrity to credit Ole for proving him wrong.

PE teacher batters Bielsa again? It's possible that Ole might actually be better at this tactics stuff than social media believes.

His work with Fred stands out so much for me. Season on season he is getting better. Many look at how Pep helps develop players games and make them better players, and yet Ole doesn't get as much credit for how he has developed certain players.

Scott was good but Fred wasn't good though he scored a goal. It's a very good start and it seems that getting a set piece coach has helped us too.

PE teacher batters Bielsa again? It's possible that Ole might actually be better at this tactics stuff than social media believes.
I believe he is but not because he's able to beat Bielsa with players on the bench better than any Bielsa could hope to start. Cmon now

His work with Fred stands out so much for me. Season on season he is getting better. Many look at how Pep helps develop players games and make them better players, and yet Ole doesn't get as much credit for how he has developed certain players.

It's a very small sample and we knew before that this game would fit Fred. Let's see how Fred does this season. I'm one of them who doesn't think he's shit, but I'm pretty certain he can be upgraded on eventually.

He’s the best manager we’ve had since Fergie and this is quite easily the most exciting team we’ve had since. It’s the first time in 7 or so years I feel we genuinely have a shot at the title.

We’re not the favourites, but there’s a bit of an 06/07 feeling for me.

The front 4 kept switching positions, which was great to see. Bruno and Greenwood good at every position they went too and Pogba given the freedom to unlock them.

He’s the best manager we’ve had since Fergie and this is quite easily the most exciting team we’ve had since. It’s the first time in 7 or so years I feel we genuinely have a shot at the title.

We’re not the favourites, but there’s a bit of an 06/07 feeling for me.
This is exactly how I feel. Looking at Maguire and Varane on paper I feel that same sense of security I felt when we had Rio and Vida. I remember back then thinking how lucky we were to have two world class players in their primes playing together like they were and remember dreading them reaching 32/33 and fading away.

I also feel the same sense of excitement and inevitability thinking about the potential of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho as I did thinking about Rooney and Ronaldo when they were on the cusp of realising their potential.

Its exciting, we need a bit of luck along the way but I expect great things from this squad.

This is exactly how I feel. Looking at Maguire and Varane on paper I feel that same sense of security I felt when we had Rio and Vida. I remember back then thinking how lucky we were to have two world class players in their primes playing together like they were and remember dreading them reaching 32/33 and fading away.

I also feel the same sense of excitement and inevitability thinking about the potential of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho as I did thinking about Rooney and Ronaldo when they were on the cusp of realising their potential.

Its exciting, we need a bit of luck along the way but I expect great things from this squad.

We absolutely stormed that season right from the beginning after a few years in the wilderness, against Mourinho’s seemingly invincible Chelsea. Could happen again, we certainly have the capability.

The worst substitutions he has ever done were against PSG last season and Villareal.. He needs to improve on this side of his game..

@Samid

Think this is accurate. Means we've scored 3+ goals in 32% of our games under Ole. Moyes on 27%, LVG on 25% and Jose on 22% (:lol:)
Stat​
Ole​
Jose​
LvG​
Moyes​
Games​
152​
144​
103​
51​
3 Goals​
30​