Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking one season and applying it as the norm is just daft though, Martinez for example has spent most of his career injury free, so it’s likely he won’t be missing such a huge part of the season again. Luke Shaw though….
I am not sure I follow your logic on martinez. Its quite plausible he gets injured again for a large part of next season

I am not sure I follow your logic on martinez. Its quite plausible he gets injured again for a large part of next season
He's not been an injury prone player in his career, one season doesn't change that. The injuries he had last season aren't an indicator that he'll become one either. Of course we wont know at this point whether he'll be injured a lot this season, but some people are talking about him as if he is Phil Jones this summer.

He's not been an injury prone player in his career, one season doesn't change that. The injuries he had last season aren't an indicator that he'll become one either. Of course we wont know at this point whether he'll be injured a lot this season, but some people are talking about him as if he is Phil Jones this summer.
Can't sat i know the details so that is somewhat reassuring although a bad year of injuries can turn a player into being injury prone

Can't sat i know the details so that is somewhat reassuring although a bad year of injuries can turn a player into being injury prone
It can, but that is usually muscle injuries. Martinez had a fracture from the season before that didn't set properly as his first one. The second was an impact injury from Coufal falling on his knee. The last one was a muscle injury, that much is true, but that was likely gained because of his time out tending to the previous injuries. It hasn't seemed to flare back up after he was back for the FA Cup and the Copa, so it hopefully won't be a problem going forward either. Of course, anything can happen but I wouldn't say there is any reason to be overly pessimistic on his behalf.

Is there a breakdown of impact type injuries vs muscle/strain

Not alot you can do about impacts especially as a defender
21minor knock4 daysAjax Amsterdam1
19/20Fitness14 daysAjax Amsterdam2
19/20minor knock14 daysAjax AmsterdamMorocco U208
19/20Foot injury17 daysAjax AmsterdamMorocco5
19/20Knee problems4 daysAjax Amsterdam1
18/19Ankle injury14 daysAjax Amsterdam3
18/19Groin problems7 daysMorocco4
17/18Groin strain21 days

21minor knock4 daysAjax Amsterdam1
19/20Fitness14 daysAjax Amsterdam2
19/20minor knock14 daysAjax AmsterdamMorocco U208
19/20Foot injury17 daysAjax AmsterdamMorocco5
19/20Knee problems4 daysAjax Amsterdam1
18/19Ankle injury14 daysAjax Amsterdam3
18/19Groin problems7 daysMorocco4
17/18Groin strain21 days
23/24Torn muscle fiber28 daysBayern Munich5
23/24Fitness10 daysBayern Munich1
23/24Torn muscle bundle47 days
23/24Ill3 days
23/24muscular problems8 days
22/23inflammation61 days
22/23Muscle injury7 days
22/23Hip flexor problems4 days
21/22minor knock14 days
21/22minor knock7 days
21/22Thigh problems31 days
21/22Ill4 days
20/21Eye injury60 days
20/21minor knock11 days
20/21Knock32 days

We know that our defenders are injury prone. But please don't injured all at the same time like last season. Last season all our defenders were injured except Dalot. Shaw, Malacia, Martinez, Varane, Maguire all had long injury spells out.

What type of Fb is he? Is he more attacking? Better on the ball than AWB/Dalot?

He looks fragile :lol: I'm not convinced he's the best option but he's definitely an upgrade on AWB if/when he's fit. Hopefully having 3 perma crocked fb options will mean at least one is available at all times.

23/24Ill3 days
22/23inflammation61 days
22/23Muscle injury7 days
21/22minor knock14 days
21/22minor knock7 days
21/22Ill4 days
20/21Eye injury60 days
20/21minor knock11 days
20/21Knock32 days
When its lay down like this, somehow his crocked level does look even worse. This signing does not excite me one bit. Grim

He looks fragile :lol: I'm not convinced he's the best option but he's definitely an upgrade on AWB if/when he's fit. Hopefully having 3 perma crocked fb options will mean at least one is available at all times.
Considering our luck with injuries…. :lol:

23/24Ill3 days
22/23inflammation61 days
22/23Muscle injury7 days
21/22minor knock14 days
21/22minor knock7 days
21/22Ill4 days
20/21Eye injury60 days
20/21minor knock11 days
20/21Knock32 days
Absolute terrible injury record, will fit right in!

But seriously, looks to be the "weakest" out of all the summer signings.

How’s he at LB?

Wondering which of him/Dalot will play LB and which plays RB until Shaw is fit again.

I love Dalot but think he’s way better at RB than Lb.

How’s he at LB?

Wondering which of him/Dalot will play LB and which plays RB until Shaw is fit again.

I love Dalot but think he’s way better at RB than Lb.
Dalot is indeed way better on the right. Which makes it odd to me we are not chasing a proper first choice LB instead, should be a high priority. I mean, the chances of Shaw, Malacia and Mazraoui being injured at the same time are alarmingly high. Mazraoui is a strange signing imo.

Dalot is indeed way better on the right. Which makes it odd to me we are not chasing a proper first choice LB instead, should be a high priority. I mean, the chances of Shaw, Malacia and Mazraoui being injured at the same time are alarmingly high. Mazraoui is a strange signing imo.
In fairness Malacia has had one long injury, could be he is relatively sturdy once he finally recovers from whatever has been going on (if he can still remember how to play football), Amass is staying with the 1st team I think but obviously that is a big step up

In fairness Malacia has had one long injury, could be he is relatively sturdy once he finally recovers from whatever has been going on (if he can still remember how to play football), Amass is staying with the 1st team I think but obviously that is a big step up
Think it also boils down to Martinez being able to play LB in a pinch as well as Amass, Shaw and Malacia. I still have a sneaky feeling we might go for another versatile full back if there's budget remaining if / once we sign a midfielder.

We can all hope that Malacia recovers 100% and gets back to his best, i think he has a lot of talent. But if a kneeproblem is keeping a player away from the training pitch for 17-18 months or whatever it is now, it is not looking good at all.

He's one ETH player I've always wanted, always seemed vital to how he wanted to play.

Wanted him last summer too, when he was available for free.

Glad he's here, along with De Ligt(who I wanted to, but thought was out of reach). Terrific couple of deals.

Never seen him play, is he better than Dalot/AWB?
From an attacking standpoint absolutely, he's a highly technical player. Probably similar defensively. Injury record is what people are worried about, and probably why he's so cheap.

Such a weird move
Lets have 2 injury prone fullbacks as at least one should be fit is asking for trouble.

I was about to say we have a really terrible record with signing full backs (Telles, Darmian, Malacia) then remembered that statement applies for almost every position on the pitch.

Like the player a lot actually, worrying injury record.

The club are obviously aware, just wondering what their thought process is with it, considering most players get worse rather than better when joining here.

Like the player a lot actually, worrying injury record.

The club are obviously aware, just wondering what their thought process is with it, considering most players get worse rather than better when joining here.
INEOS will rightly be criticised if he turns out to be a crock. They'll have to take the responsibility. It's a risk for sure.

His medical will be interesting , in the video above he looks like he has an issue with his leg as he appears to be limping.

Use him to drive down de Ligt fee (inflate his fee to offset) then sign de Ligt for said reduced fee and this lad fails his medical and gets sent back. Genius

His medical will be interesting , in the video above he looks like he has an issue with his leg as he appears to be limping.
A lot of posts like that on here this morning. I've watched it several times now and I think people might just be being a bit negative.

It doesn't really look like he's limping, if anything he just looks a bit stiff, which could be anything from the fact it's obviously pretty early there and he's just got out of a car.

We'll have to wait and see.

Starting to think the medical will establish he's been clinically dead for 12 years with all the hand wringing about injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.