Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
His medical will be interesting , in the video above he looks like he has an issue with his leg as he appears to be limping.
From what i heard medicals are not used to check if a player is fit in the moment rather than if they have any serious problem. If you have a slight knock they can sign you but something like underlying knee problems that might need surgery in future might disrupt the transfer. Heart problems etc.

From what i heard medicals are not used to check if a player is fit in the moment rather than if they have any serious problem. If you have a slight knock they can sign you but something like underlying knee problems that might need surgery in future might disrupt the transfer. Heart problems etc.

It's basically like any job medical. They're just checking you're apt to play football in the most minimal way.

I think the latest big thing that happened there I know of is baseball player Carlos Correa being passed over by two clubs that were offering monster deals because of an underlying foot issue that could possibly evolve negatively. Happens somewhat infrequently in football and yes heart can be a big one.

Watched some highlights and seems a good option as a more attacking RB than AWB could offer.

The injury issues is a bit scary though, especially as our record here isn't good. Kind of surprised this isn't putting INEOS off making this move.

Watched some highlights and seems a good option as a more attacking RB than AWB could offer.

The injury issues is a bit scary though, especially as our record here isn't good. Kind of surprised this isn't putting INEOS off making this move.

INEOS Probably thinking our medical team needs something to do now that Martial has left the club.

Get him in at left back for Fulham if he can walk.

Watch Shaw have one of his healthiest season and perform well again this season now that we’ve signed someone to challenge him for a spot.

I'd be cautious about starting either of them on Saturday if they aren't ready. No point risking long term problems for a single game.

Watch Shaw have one of his healthiest season and perform well again this season now that we’ve signed someone to challenge him for a spot.
Who have we signed to challenge Shaw.

Hopefully he can stay fit. He has ability for sure and could help us progressing the ball. Suspect it will be him and Dalot as full backs for most of season. Not sure which of them will mostly play lb.

So will he be deployed at LB (Shaw still not available & Malacia still injured) or will he play at RB with Dalot moving over to LB?

All about whether he stays fit enough.

If he does then we've upgraded our fullback options at minimum net cost, and removed replacing AWB from our to-do list next summer.

If he doesn't then we've walked into the needless mistake of signing an injury-prone player who unsurprisingly got injured. The financial cost of that mistake would be ameliorated somewhat by the purchase allowing us to sell AWB rather than lose him for free next summer, but it would still hurt us this season particularly.

So will he be deployed at LB (Shaw still not available & Malacia still injured) or will he play at RB with Dalot moving over to LB?

I hope Dalot can cement his place at RB and not get shifted around. He’s great but never effective at LB

Both lads are out on the town in Manchester tonight for De Ligts birthday dinner

Should be announced officially tomorrow I imagine after they did their medicals and media obligations earlier today

Don't know much about Mazraoui but kinda have a feeling he'll be gone in 2-3 years. Won't be a disaster but nothing special either. Just a replacement for Wan-Bissaka we found atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.