Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Shaw is fit. Would be a bit unfair to debut him in a position that isn't his main.

Mazraoui is very versatile, at Ajax he has even played in midfield. He's the kind of player that can do a job everywhere all over the pitch. From defence to attack. He's just smart in game, has quick reactions and a very good base technique in defending, passing, dribbling and shooting.

That's why he has also been able to play LB very well, as Morocco has Hakimi and Bayern had some issues with Davies.

But it doesn't make him a LB, his best position is still RB and should be the position he gets to focus on as he settles here at this club provided Shaw can actually keep fit.

Relax guys! Both DeLigt and him wont start. Players from Bundesliga usually need time to settle in PL. It's a very different league in term of tactics, intensity and physicality

Relax guys! Both DeLigt and him wont start. Players from Bundesliga usually need time to settle in PL. It's a very different league in term of tactics, intensity and physicality
I would say there's a pretty good chance that at least one of them starts. Pellistri played in our back four on Saturday!

We are signing a new right back and he’s not getting any attention at all.

Come on guys, thrive in this double transfer. They very rarely happen.

Mazraoui is a good player and I think he will surprise lots of fans. We finally have a player that can comfortably compliment our right wing attack.

I’m excited to see him and Amad.

Mazraoui is a good player and I think he will surprise lots of fans. We finally have a player that can comfortably compliment our right wing attack.

I think he will be great for us as well. Really excited for the new season now

He’s rightfully not getting much excitement due to little belief in his ability to stay fit. Good player, but I’m not that convinced it’s smart business.

I think Dalot is the better player and Dalot remains fully fit all season, so not much to be said about this. Mazraoui seems like a good rotational option as he is versatile and fits more progressive attacking football than our previous second choice RB.

He’s rightfully not getting much excitement due to little belief in his ability to stay fit. Good player, but I’m not that convinced it’s smart business.

I get that, but we have to treat it as a clean slate and hope for the best.
He was available more than AWB was last season.

I think Dalot is the better player and Dalot remains fully fit all season, so not much to be said about this. Mazraoui seems like a good rotational option as he is versatile and fits more progressive attacking football than our previous second choice RB.

I like Dalot and he’s really stepped up recently, but he does go through a few games in the season where he has bad games. Nice to have Mazraoui there to rotate or step in for him at the end of games. Or push Dalot to play even better.

I like Dalot and he’s really stepped up recently, but he does go through a few games in the season where he has bad games. Nice to have Mazraoui there to rotate or step in for him at the end of games. Or push Dalot to play even better.
I do think this signing also allows us to play Dalot at LB where he did very well at tucking into midfield (or Mazraoui can do that too, I guess) and we suddenly don't lose any attacking threat from RB. At least if Shaw and Malacia are unavailable.

I would say there's a pretty good chance that at least one of them starts. Pellistri played in our back four on Saturday!
Jonny Evans was our mainstay as well. I think he is a good player but he shouldn't be starting so regularly for United at his age.

For those worrying about him starting out at LB, I'd imagine it'll be Dalot at LB and Mazraoui at RB at least to begin with.

Don't know much about Mazraoui but kinda have a feeling he'll be gone in 2-3 years. Won't be a disaster but nothing special either. Just a replacement for Wan-Bissaka we found atm.
That's all we need really, we have our starting RB.

Hope Shaw is fit. Would be a bit unfair to debut him in a position that isn't his main.

Mazraoui is very versatile, at Ajax he has even played in midfield. He's the kind of player that can do a job everywhere all over the pitch. From defence to attack. He's just smart in game, has quick reactions and a very good base technique in defending, passing, dribbling and shooting.

That's why he has also been able to play LB very well, as Morocco has Hakimi and Bayern had some issues with Davies.

But it doesn't make him a LB, his best position is still RB and should be the position he gets to focus on as he settles here at this club provided Shaw can actually keep fit.

How good would you say he would be at DM as a backup/emergency? Better or worse than Amrabat?

How many times did he play at DM for you?

Think he’ll start at RB. Makes sense for us to switch Dalot and let Mazraoui settle in his favoured position.
I’m looking forward to seeing him and/or Licha in midfield more when we are closing out games. Fergie used to do this and Ten Hag used to at Ajax too.

How good would you say he would be at DM as a backup/emergency? Better or worse than Amrabat?
He didnt really play as a DM I'd say. Ajax played 433 with a CAM, he'd play as a box to box / 8 and do very well in my opinion.

Others didn't like him there, but it took years for a lot of Ajax fans to finally be convinced by him. He easily receives a pass, can dribble, pass, is tall, deceptively quick and light on his feet.

I don't think defenders make good DM's necessarily, but good DM's can play in CB.

He didnt really play as a DM I'd say. Ajax played 433 with a CAM, he'd play as a box to box / 8 and do very well in my opinion.

Others didn't like him there, but it took years for a lot of Ajax fans to finally be convinced by him. He easily receives a pass, can dribble, pass, is tall, deceptively quick and light on his feet.

I don't think defenders make good DM's necessarily, but good DM's can play in CB.

That's fair. I was thinking whether there was a Fabinho like change on his future.

Is this the guy to unlock Antonys potential?? Know very little about him, but whoever is at RW (I hope Amad to start with) will benefit hugely from an attacking full back.

With AWB already being confirmed by West Ham & also by ourselves, I thought we’d have officially confirmed this by now along with De Ligt

I reckon Dalot will go to LB and Mazra RB.
Ye I’d prefer this. Be harsh to put a new guy at LB when his preferred position is RB. Imagine he has a bad game he’ll get stick. Where as we get to see what he can do at RB.

He played LB to a very high standard against Arsenal last season, albeit he was helped by Bayern using another LB in Guerreiro at LW. I think he’ll cope fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.