Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

We're too proud and stuck with our romantism.

Dortmunt did what any sensible football club would do
100% this … why would Haaland leave United for any reason if United built a solid team and were on their way up? I’m certain he’d have stayed here longer, and unlike Dortmund, United can pay big.

Was reported by Sky Sports back in May with numbers around 150M+ mentioned.
Unless he wants a new challenge otherwise there is no reason for him to leave. Man City is one of the best platform for him to win ballon d'or.

This release clause was never confirmed.

I've tried saying this but nobody wants to hear it. I'm interested to see what the response will be if he extends his contract. Anyway, if the release clause rumours are indeed true, they're reliant on highly unlikely conditions like us missing out on Champions League football. The way City are run, if we felt he was going to leave in two years, we wouldn't have bothered. Short-term big money signings aren't our style at all and if there's one thing you can say about City's transfer policy is that we don't do stuff like that.

I've tried saying this but nobody wants to hear it. I'm interested to see what the response will be if he extends his contract. Anyway, if the release clause rumours are indeed true, they're reliant on highly unlikely conditions like us missing out on Champions League football. The way City are run, if we felt he was going to leave in two years, we wouldn't have bothered. Short-term big money signings aren't our style at all and if there's one thing you can say about City's transfer policy is that we don't do stuff like that.
Having a release clause in your contract doesn’t mean you’ll leave as soon as it kicks in. It only means the player has more power if he wants to leave. I’m sure he stays if he’s happy.

Having a release clause in your contract doesn’t mean you’ll leave as soon as it kicks in. It only means the player has more power if he wants to leave. I’m sure he stays if he’s happy.

This is my point- according to the vast majority of rival fans, it's already decided that he's leaving in two years.

The response will be "of course he extends, no other club will pay him in 55 different offshore accounts like he demands", it has all become very stale and predictable

Last edited:
The response will be "of course he extends, no other club will pay him in 55 different offshore accounts like he demands", it is all very become very stale and predictable
Tywin lannister: "A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep".

City haven't lost a single big name signing have they?

I find that odd. Every other club has lost players

That’s not what we were talking about. If United were the best club around right now, he’d be signing for us. This insinuation that he wouldn’t ever join United because he’s a City fan or due to some Roy Keane vendetta is a steaming pile of bs.

Yeah our decline since 2013 definitely cost us a chance at signing the best striker in the world right now which hurts

I think he’s that good if he signed for United this season he would have pushed us to title contenders. Unbelievable player and City are very lucky to have landed him. It’s painful to see him playing for them. Hopefully he will join Real in two years time.

It's utterly horrendous watching him smash it for them due to the fact we weren't in the least bit enticing

Stirling?

Sane... torres... Jesus...

Did they want any of them to stay? Except Sane. Guardiola went out and bought a striker after complaining he had no striker. All the while Jesus was in the squad.

I meant their best first choice players, while they were first choice. De Bruyne, Aguero, Kompany, David Silva etc. Were they ever seriously even linked to one of the Spanish clubs or PSG?

We had to deal with Vieira, Pires, Henry, RVP & Fabregas being linked with a move away every season. United lost Beckham, RVN & Ronaldo. Rooney tried to leave. But these oil clubs? Hardly a peep.

Did they want any of them to stay? Except Sane. Guardiola went out and bought a striker after complaining he had no striker. All the while Jesus was in the squad.

I meant their best first choice players, while they were first choice. De Bruyne, Aguero, Kompany, David Silva etc. Were they ever seriously even linked to one of the Spanish clubs or PSG?

We had to deal with Vieira, Pires, Henry, RVP & Fabregas being linked with a move away every season. United lost Beckham, RVN & Ronaldo. Rooney tried to leave. But these oil clubs? Hardly a peep.

Yeah you do have a point there

City, like Real Madrid and PSG, is at the top of the food chain. Arsenal is not even in the 2nd level.

Agüero was constantly linked with moves to Real and Barca during his stay with us.

Well Bernardo has wanted away the last 2 seasons but no team has put in a suitable bid...

Aguero was often linked with Barca but they had Suarez and Neymar so not really required, Real had Benzema and Ronaldo...

Sane left who we wanted to stay, same with Sterling but as for the rest, would any have walked into the first teams at Real or Barca at the time, Bayern generally don't overpay for non German players and I'm not sure which players out of your list would ever really want to go to PSG

With regard to RVN and Beckham, didn't they both fall out with Ferguson at some point, same with Stam, Ronaldo always wanted to play for Real and most people think Rooney was only using City as leverage for more cash.

He’s a weird one. He offers the same kind of problems Ronaldo did for us but because he isn’t 37 it’s not viewed the same way

He’s a weird one. He offers the same kind of problems Ronaldo did for us but because he isn’t 37 it’s not viewed the same way

Are you serious?

Ronaldo gets tossed around by average defenders nowadays.

Look at the 3rd goal scored by Haaland last game, 37 years old Ronaldo would be on the floor after his poor physique couldn't handle 2 defenders bullying him.

He scores at double rate, assists at double rate and presses at double rate.....and will improve. He is also stronger, faster and bigger. So does he offer the same kind of problems?
I guess we'll know when we do a stats and trophies count at the end of the season.

He scores at double rate, assists at double rate and presses at double rate.....and will improve. He is also stronger, faster and bigger. So does he offer the same kind of problems?
He does. But he creates even more problems for the opposition, which leads to the stat ratios you posted. So Haaland is worth it, Ronaldo isn't (any longer)

Are you serious?

Ronaldo gets tossed around by average defenders nowadays.

Look at the 3rd goal scored by Haaland last game, 37 years old Ronaldo would be on the floor after his poor physique couldn't handle 2 defenders bullying him.
Ronaldo doesn’t get tossed around no. I’m talking more of what he doesn’t offer off the ball outside of the box.
Even Rodri has come out and said he isn’t contributing to City’s play and that’s what he has to learn. It’s just strange that goals can cover that up (as per the example you rushed to use) but when you’re 37 it’s a death sentence that is terminal to the team, it’s everything outside of the box that’s important then but when you’re a younger player suddenly it isn’t.
Look at @troylocker example as well, rushing to back him up with goals/ assists kind of stats.
Consistency is all I’m asking about here.
Edit even with all the Ronaldo cannibalises the chances for the side arguments gets tossed away with the entire City team becomes centred around Haaland as well. It’s almost mirror images but one is 37

Ronaldo doesn’t get tossed around no. I’m talking more of what he doesn’t offer off the ball outside of the box.
Even Rodri has come out and said he isn’t contributing to City’s play and that’s what he has to learn. It’s just strange that goals can cover that up (as per the example you rushed to use) but when you’re 37 it’s a death sentence that is terminal to the team, it’s everything outside of the box that’s important then but when you’re a younger player suddenly it isn’t.
Look at @troylocker example as well, rushing to back him up with goals/ assists kind of stats.
Edit even with all the Ronaldo cannibalises the chances for the side arguments gets tossed away with the entire City team becomes centred around Haaland as well. It’s almost mirror images but one is 37
If City's goaldifference increases with Haaland, it's worth it.
With Ronny in the team we concede more and score less. Big difference.

Haaland also has age on his side and can improve and adapt.

Here's the numbers for United 20/21 without Ronnie and 21/22 with him and City so far compared to last season in the PL(a scary read):

Ronaldo impact:
United 20/21 season (goals scored vs. expected goals against(sum of chances conceded)):
1,92 goals scored per game vs. 1,10 expected goals against per game
Diff: +0,82 goals per game

United 21/22 season (goals scored vs. expected goals against(sum of chances conceded)):
1,50 goals scored per game vs. 1,50 expected goals against per game
Diff: +0,00 goals per game

Our goaldifference based on goals scored vs. expected goal conceded decreased by 0,82 goals every game. Thats 31 goals less in the PL alone.

Haaland impact (small sample size and early days):
City 21/22 season (goals scored vs. expected goals against(sum of chances conceded)):
2,60 goals scored per game vs. 0,66 expected goals against per game
Diff: +1,94 goals per game

City 22/23 season (goals scored vs. expected goals against(sum of chances conceded)):
3,25 goals scored per game vs. 0,67 expected goals against per game
Diff: +2,58 goals per game

City's goaldifference so far this season based on the same criterias has increased by 0,64 goals per game. On course to better their goaldifference by 24 goals in the PL alone.

Expected points per game:
United 20/21 season vs. 21/22 season: 1,73 xP/game vs. 1,43 xP/game - Difference: 0,3 points lost per game compared to the season before.
City 21/22 season vs. 22/23 season so far: 2,42 xP/game vs. 2,65 xP/game - Difference: 0,23 expected points won per game more compared to last season (still early days and no big matches yet)

Actual points won per game:
United 20/21 season vs. 21/22 season: 1,95 P/game vs. 1,53 P/game - Difference: 0,42 points lost per game compared to the season before.
City 21/22 season vs. 22/23 season so far: 2,45 P/game vs. 2,50 P/game - Difference: 0,05 points won per game more compared to last season (still early days and no big matches yet)

Even though Ronaldo and Haaland are not the only factors playing in, they are the biggest factor playing in.
My point is that.......you see my point, right?

Even if Haaland doesn't adapt or improve he still has a positive impact on City's results, the scary part is that he most likely will do both of those things.

With respect to different opinions on a dicussion forum, this has to be one of the worst comparisons to date, no? Or what is the reasoning here?

Think city have always taken the stance if a player wants to go they can... Think city would happily have kept all of those mentioned if they could accept their status in the squad

Huge difference between losing somebody who is one of your key players like Haaland, and losing somebody like Sane because you can't convince him to stay and play 1 in every 3 games.

That said Haaland does seem a bit of a mercenary and I can see a scenario where he goes to Real or somebody in 3 or 4 years time. We haven't seen City encounter this situation yet, but there's a strong possibility Bernardo Silva might have left for Barcelona this summer if they were in a better financial position which would have been the first situation like this.

[Telegraph] Rodri on Erling Haaland: “We have him as a reference who doesn't move much. He needs to adapt. His natural talent makes the difference but he needs to do better at being involved in the game; when to come, drop, go to space. It's normal, we’ve just been together for one month.”

Translation: Erling, we need you to be Kane.

With respect to different opinions on a dicussion forum, this has to be one of the worst comparisons to date, no? Or what is the reasoning here?
That everything that Ronaldo doesn’t add outside of the box is forgiven for Halaand which seems to be down to age bias and nothing to do with the fundamentals of football?
If Ronaldo had two passes all game while not scoring he would be rinsed by everybody. If Ronaldo joined a top side and they forgot how to control a game like they used to do before hai signing then all criticisms would come out.
Is Haaland pressing from the front? He is running about like a mad man linking up the midfield, bringing in the wide men and being the trigger for the press?
It’s not even a Haaland v Ronaldo thing, I just don’t understand the inconsistencies. It’s why posts arguing with me aren’t actually arguing my point, they’re just brushing it away with stats about how goals and assists are worth it as if that doesn’t back my point in the first place.
Is it ok to have a box player who doesn’t contribute in open play and doesn’t do that much without the ball in the box? Because all last year I was told completely different.
Rodri’s quote is right there but somehow I’m still wrong. Who knew

Haaland presses, can hold up the ball, is faster, better team player and is more malleable. Ronaldo gets bullied off the ball when he has his back to goal which is why most managers never use him as a lone cf, forces the attack to go through him, less likely to listen to instructions AND he is 37 :lol:

That everything that Ronaldo doesn’t add outside of the box is forgiven for Halaand which seems to be down to age bias and nothing to do with the fundamentals of football?
If Ronaldo had two passes all game while not scoring he would be rinsed by everybody. If Ronaldo joined a top side and they forgot how to control a game like they used to do before hai signing then all criticisms would come out.
Is Haaland pressing from the front? He is running about like a mad man linking up the midfield, bringing in the wide men and being the trigger for the press?
It’s not even a Haaland v Ronaldo thing, I just don’t understand the inconsistencies. It’s why posts arguing with me aren’t actually arguing my point, they’re just brushing it away with stats about how goals and assists are worth it as if that doesn’t back my point in the first place.
Is it ok to have a box player who doesn’t contribute in open play and doesn’t do that much without the ball in the box? Because all last year I was told completely different.
Rodri’s quote is right there but somehow I’m still wrong. Who knew
CR7 in this City team will score lots of goals too.

Haaland presses, can hold up the ball, is faster, better team player and is more malleable. Ronaldo gets bullied off the ball when he has his back to goal which is why most managers never use him as a lone cf, forces the attack to go through him, less likely to listen to instructions AND he is 37 :lol:

Yeah I was going to say that's a bizarre comparison. Ronaldo doesn't and cannot hold the ball up and most definitely doesn't overwhelm defenders with his physicality the way Haaland does. There's a reason Haaland is the most sought after striker in world football and no top team would touch Ronaldo with a pole.

Got to say, that 3rd goal where he held off Ward - that is the kind of thing that I was expecting a lot from Lukaku when we first signed him. The pace and the strength/power.

He is going to be an absolute handful with the vision that a lot of those City players have in putting balls through. There will always be that regret of not getting him before he went to Dortmund and so many will sit and say we were right all along but, to me at the time with Rashford/Martial doing fairly well and Greenwood's emergence, it seemed like we had our own CF that could go on to be one of the elite strikers that the idea of the transfer clauses and agent fees, it didn't bother me. Now, it's just going to be bloody hell, we should have done everything to get him.