Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Ronaldo fans just can't accept that he isn't comparable to top players anymore. I find the Halaand fuss a bit much but Ronaldo isn't among the best players anymore. Move on ffs.

City, like Real Madrid and PSG, is at the top of the food chain. Arsenal is not even in the 2nd level.

Not IMO, there's something about prestige. Some players also just want to play for a different club, get a new challenge. How did City a team built on mercenaries, hardly have any mercenaries?

Agüero was constantly linked with moves to Real and Barca during his stay with us.

Really? I missed this
Well Bernardo has wanted away the last 2 seasons but no team has put in a suitable bid...

Aguero was often linked with Barca but they had Suarez and Neymar so not really required, Real had Benzema and Ronaldo...

Sane left who we wanted to stay, same with Sterling but as for the rest, would any have walked into the first teams at Real or Barca at the time, Bayern generally don't overpay for non German players and I'm not sure which players out of your list would ever really want to go to PSG

With regard to RVN and Beckham, didn't they both fall out with Ferguson at some point, same with Stam, Ronaldo always wanted to play for Real and most people think Rooney was only using City as leverage for more cash.

That's true with regards to RVN and Beckham. I mentioned them and Ronaldo because even though United were winning everything in sight, they still lost players. I mean when has a player not being required ever stopped those two clubs? Did you all want Sterling to stay? Or were you indifferent. Sterling's given interviews where he said he didn't really feel loved, or was it a case where you were happy for him to stay as a rotation player and he wanted to be first choice? When Neymar left, why was no player from City bandied about as a replacement? Why didn't David Silva replace Iniesta?

Maybe I'm just bitter and twisted.

I'm expecting Pep and city to not rush him back into games if he does get an injury, that was the problem at Dortmund. They NEEDED him back, so they wouldn't let him fully heal at times. I don't expect the whole "injury prone" thing to actually manifest. More likely is that he will injure defenders who try to outmuscle him or try take him down like kimmich did.

With respect to different opinions on a dicussion forum, this has to be one of the worst comparisons to date, no? Or what is the reasoning here?

Standard fallacy template. "Thing X makes me think of Thing Y, so X must equal Y". Close relation of "This player is Dutch and the first two Dutch players I can think of failed, so he will too".

Seriously, are we not passed the stage of bumping his thread every time he scores a goal?

He will break the record for most goals in a 38 game season this year already if he avoids injury, won't he?

fecking bizarre a thread about a player is bumped when the player does something
It is when it leads to the exact same run of comments that have been made every week for the past 2 years.

He will break the record for most goals in a 38 game season this year already if he avoids injury, won't he?

Salah holds that right now on 31 goals. But injuries are the curse of many talents. You have to be a flawless fitness machine like Messi and Ronaldo to break crazy records as they have.

Levy did feck everyone last year in the league.

Now we have to watch Haaland dominate almost every team.

If he avoids too many and/or heavy injuries, he will go down as one of the best strikers ever. Seriously. Absolute freak

White Lukaku is going to get humbled real quick and will be be off to Madrid or Bayern in no time.

City plays football that doesn't suit him at all. He'll struggle to score 10 league goals.
Yikes

Salah holds that right now on 31 goals. But injuries are the curse of many talents. You have to be a flawless fitness machine like Messi and Ronaldo to break crazy records as they have.
7 in 5 games now - and that's his first 5 games. If he's not out for at least 5 games I don't see him not scoring more than 31. But he does have a dodgy injury record, so it's a big if.

Don't know if I should laugh or cry at this.
It's both amusing and disgusting at the same time.

Some of the posts in this thread after the Bournemouth game will become legendary. Some people base their opinions way too much on what they want to happen

This post is as every bit as bitter as it reads.. it’s sickening that such a plastic club has such a player.

Mixed feelings being a norwegian and Man Utd fan. I hope my country can have some decent Euros and World Cups during his & Odegaards prime, but having to watch him play for City is painful. Hope he moves off to Spain sooner rather than later.

To be honest, it's great.

While we sort our shit out Haaland can spend the next couple of years stopping Liverpool winning anything.

Then when we're hopefully ready to compete, Madrid activate his release clause and he fecks off. Perfect.

Not surprised at all. The guy tore it up for Salzburg and BVB against CL competition.
Would've been comical if he couldn't score 25 for that City team.
I guess the total will lean more towards 40 at the end of the season.