Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

This is closer to the truth than anything. The club could have gone all out to sign him when he was at Molde. Easy to be wise after the fact of course, but here we are with Mr. Goalalot wearing blue.
And made him another Pellestri or Amad.

Well I'm glad these ridiculous "but he can only score so many goals in the Bundesfarmersleague because they can't defend" takes are gone after just 3 matches.

Well I'm glad these ridiculous "but he can only score so many goals in the Bundesfarmersleague because they can't defend" takes are gone after just 3 matches.

I still view Sancho as a pure Bundesliga player.

Roy Kean broke his father's leg.
Ole made calls and Eeland still refused to join. Dude just hate United. W e never had a chance to sign him.

He didn't break his leg, didn't Haaland play the rest of that game? He also retired due to a different injury

To be fair, so far he has only played in a pretty poor and dysfunctional team. Still lots of potential for improvement all around.

Everyone gets called out individually in our team whilst Sancho gets called out for having a poor team.

Like VDB.Anyway let’s see. This time next year people should in theory lose some loving kindness.

What an excuse from Dortmund :lol: . And you believe it?
His agent wanted a release clause (as low as 50m) plus agent fee, otherwise Haaland would have never went to Dortmund. They knew from the beginning they were just his stepping stone.
Dortmund was Raiola's bitch
I believe it was an important factor, and I believe Ole at one point was convinced Haaland would come to us. I think this "Haaland would never join United", is absolutely bollocks.

I believe it was an important factor, and I believe Ole at one point was convinced Haaland would come to us. I think this "Haaland would never join United", is absolutely bollocks.
There also have been reports that Haaland would have come to play for Ole again, but wasn't convinced Ole would keep his job for long and what his status would be under a new manager. That's part of why he wanted a release clause, to have an emergency exit iin case things went wrong (as they did...)

Is he breaking Salah's record this season?
Has a chance clearly
Shearer and Cole got 34 in a longer season
Wouldn't rule that out
And shearer took 124 games to get 100 goals... again wouldn't rule that out within 3 seasons

Lukaku is the youngest to 100 goals ...even that could be in danger

Assuming he gets no signifigant Injury

Has a chance clearly
Shearer and Cole got 34 in a longer season
Wouldn't rule that out
And shearer took 124 games to get 100 goals... again wouldn't rule that out within 3 seasons

The fitness is the question mark against it, i reckon he'll score around the goal a game mark.

I wouldn't even be worried about the minutes, him playing for 20 minutes against a tired defence is a scary prospect.

Do you really think his dad an ex city player and someone who received a career ending injury from our captain doesn't have sway with his son?

Reminds me so much of RVN, but quicker.

Do you think Alfe Inge Haaland is City through and through after 38 games for them? Likewise Erling?

Do you think they both harbour a vendetta against Manchester United? :lol:

I think it was dissimilar in a very important way, which is that Mané was moving at high speed and Haaland wasn't.

Fair point. Still, when you are in a 'studs on face' scenario, you are generally leaning into a red card, as long as the head is in a natural position.

We're too proud and stuck with our romantism.

Dortmunt did what any sensible football club would do

Yeah because it would have been much better if he had left United for City this season for a pittance. The fanbase would have loved that.

Ah, but he did "I really dislike (Manchester) United and I can't stand their players"

Apparently.

He never said that, stop spouting more nonsense after being told you're clearly wrong.

It's like listening to someone who only gets their football news from Sports Bible.

Header, tap in, and one show of force. Sandwiched in between two defenders and he just hammers it in, what can you say.

Which previous players would you compare him to? His combination of strength, speed and finesse reminds me of Drogba a bit, his movement and running style of Torres.

What an excuse from Dortmund :lol: . And you believe it?
His agent wanted a release clause (as low as 50m) plus agent fee, otherwise Haaland would have never gone to Dortmund. They knew from the beginning they were just his stepping stone.
Dortmund was Raiola's bitch

Dortmund was his bitch? They got a good deal for both parties. He scored tons of goals for them and they made a profit. He developed very well while there. Win win for both parties although the prize for Dortmund was smaller than it could have been. Dortmund know they arent a elite club who can keep their best players. They are run well but just dont have the money to keep their best players. Doesnt make them Raiola's bitch.

If we had signed him with that release clause and then he joined City this summer I wonder what the response would have been when we played them.

Figo at Madrid type anger as a minimum, pigs heads galore.

Wasn't there a motorbike thrown on in Serie A at some point as well?

I still view Sancho as a pure Bundesliga player.

That’s a you problem. If Sancho is at City, he’d have a thread on our front page about how great he is and how the glazers made us miss out on a big talent.

Hard to be great in a continuously and chronically dysfunctional team. Fingers crossed ETH changes all that, but it won’t be easy.

I think most people have already resigned themselves to Haaland continuing his goal a game ratio at City, so you just kind of have to take it with a shrug. It’s painful, but the painful moment was when the signing was made, the reality of it is kind of mundane now. Maybe it’d hurt more if United were actually fighting for the title.

The smugness of PL fans talking about other leagues as farmers leagues, puffing their chests up about how difficult the PL is, and claiming Haaland would never score those kinds of goals here…it’s nothing to do with Haaland, it’s just amusing to see them proven so thoroughly wrong so quickly. Those kind of delusions were celebrated in a big circle jerk and it was a shameful kind of xenophobia. At least that can’t happen again.
I suppose the propaganda about the PL being the greatest in the world is pump out night and day in our media, so it's bound to have an effect in some quarters. The fact Real knocked out Chelsea, City and Liverpool en route to winning the Champs League undermines that theory somewhat.

I agree with others that were saying perhaps some were more hoping than believing that Haaland wouldn't suit City's tika-taka style, but he is just too good.

I suppose the propaganda about the PL being the greatest in the world is pump out night and day in our media, so it's bound to have an effect in some quarters. The fact Real knocked out Chelsea, City and Liverpool en route to winning the Champs League undermines that theory somewhat.

I agree with others that were saying perhaps some were more hoping than believing that Haaland wouldn't suit City's tika-taka style, but he is just too good.

I agree that people tend to overrate the PL, but Haaland is also the main striker in one of the best teams in the world if not the best. He gets plenty of service. It doesn't make him a lesser of a player though, I never doubted that he would smash it here.

Every player and every manager is eventually 'worked out' by opposition teams in the PL. It could take half a season or a couple of seasons. The solutions might not completely help, e.g. Pep keeps winning the league, but there is progression. That's what makes this league better than all the others. Certainly much better than Bundesliga.

Klopp's rock and roll football for example has been exposed enough after initial successes. Salah on his left foot has been sussed after being the current best striker in the PL (going by him holding the PL record).

Haaland has many strengths but also quite obvious weaknesses too. If stopping City mainly means stopping Haaland (because Sterling and Jesus' pace is no longer the threat from KdB's through balls) then teams will start working this out soon enough. In the meantime, during this honeymoon period, Haaland looks like the virgin bride everyone wants to lay. Rightfully so. :)

Do you think Alfe Inge Haaland is City through and through after 38 games for them? Likewise Erling?

Do you think they both harbour a vendetta against Manchester United? :lol:

Let's flips this, if your child had the chance of signing for:

Liverpool
City
Chelsea

It's not just that, its unconscious bias

He never said that, stop spouting more nonsense after being told you're clearly wrong.

It's like listening to someone who only gets their football news from Sports Bible.

I don't even know what sport bible is,

Are you sad that City have a really good striker?

Are you one of them fans that follows players on social media? Like Neymar and stuff.

Just trying to understand why your so bitchy.

I'm really not arsed about about getting stuff wrong. It happens all the time.

Sickening as it is, Haaland is the proto-typical prem striker. He’ll be the face of the league for the next decade, so we best get used to his shit-eating grin now. The ultra talented prick.

Sickening as it is, Haaland is the proto-typical prem striker. He’ll be the face of the league for the next decade, so we best get used to his shit-eating grin now. The ultra talented prick.

He's got to be ugliest face of the PL ever.

Good thing he'll be off to Spain once Benzema and/or Lewa call it a day

In general if EPL clubs (not just the top 6) pay the highest salary in the industry, they will have the best players and best coaches.

I didn't mean the pl was overrated in terms of being the best but more the derogatory way of talking about leagues that aren't the pl.

Couple posters told me he won’t work in their system. Couple others said he wouldn’t make them better. One even said I would have to be crazy if I thought he would score more than 18 in his first year.

Yeah…..

Couple posters told me he won’t work in their system. Couple others said he wouldn’t make them better. One even said I would have to be crazy if I thought he would score more than 18 in his first year.

Yeah…..
Just a hopeful wish. Haaland is built like a beast with tremendous pace for a striker.