Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

I find it highly curious that there's absolutely no links between him and Madrid.

As someone said previously, you just know that if this cybernetic organism played for us, the press would be desperately linking him with a move away every fecking week.
There's no links because it's a non-starter.

There's absolutely zero reason for him to leave Man City at the moment or his club to even consider letting him go.

Fascinating, absolutely… it’s actively enjoying a rival player smashing that I find odd to say the least.
Am I in awe of Haaland’s goalscoring abilities, absolutely no question, can I enjoy it? Can I feck, the exact opposite.
If he was doing it for Brighton I’d enjoy it mind, just as I enjoyed watching him at Dortmund.

There's a big difference between willing someone to score and enjoying the talent of a goal retrospectively. Do I enjoy watching his highlights on match of the day? Absolutely because he's top of his game and how can you not enjoy seeing such a player.

If you enjoy football I think it's more odd to not enjoy such talent to be honest. The only ones I wouldn't enjoy watching are in games against us or the likes of that Aguero goal that cost us the title.

I find it highly curious that there's absolutely no links between him and Madrid.

As someone said previously, you just know that if this cybernetic organism played for us, the press would be desperately linking him with a move away every fecking week.
They just bought Mbappé and Endrick after winning the CL without a striker. Mbappé, Endrick, Bellingham, Vini, Rodrygo. They’re well and truly stocked there. I don’t think Haaland would go well with the other big characters there either. It is way too much.

Someone mentioned Barcelona, they can’t even register players in time and had to give Gundogan back to City for free because they’re so broke. As much chance of him coming here as going to Barca any time soon.

There's a big difference between willing someone to score and enjoying the talent of a goal retrospectively. Do I enjoy watching his highlights on match of the day? Absolutely because he's top of his game and how can you not enjoy seeing such a player.

If you enjoy football I think it's more odd to not enjoy such talent to be honest. The only ones I wouldn't enjoy watching are in games against us or the likes of that Aguero goal that cost us the title.
Completely agree

Probably the best goalscorer the Prem has seen.

But nobody is watching his highlight reel when his career is over. Same goal on repeat for hours.

If he gets a hat trick in the next game he will have scored as many as your top scorer in the league last season.

He needs one goal in the next game to have scored as many as our top scorer in the league last season.

In 4 games.

4. Games.

He needs 194 more goals to break that record. He's 24 years old. He'd need to score 30 goals this season and each of the next six seasons to break that record. Not only will he not stay in the Premier League for that long, but also nobody can maintain that ridiculous level of production in the Premier League for that long. In the 38-match era, Kane is the only one who has managed to hit 30 goals twice. To do it 7 or 8 times is silly talk. Shearer's record is safe, probably forever.

Besides, the odds are that Pep will take a hike before long, and after that it'll only be a matter of time before Haaland winds up at Madrid.

Shearer scored 260, Haaland's on 70 so he needs 190 more.

He's 24, so if he scores 27 goals a season for 7 seasons.

Shearer's record is so tough to beat. Kane should've stayed in the PL to beat it.

7 PL hat-tricks in 68 games. For reference United have 7 hat-tricks in the last 460 games.
8 hat-tricks in 69. United have 8 in 479 games (dating back to Boxing Day 2011).

2011 was a prolific year for United hat-tricks so even if he gets 3 more this season we still won't be further back than 2011.

Shearer scored 260, Haaland's on 70 so he needs 190 more.

He's 24, so if he scores 27 goals a season for 7 seasons.

Shearer's record is so tough to beat. Kane should've stayed in the PL to beat it.

It's not a real record, just because they rebranded the top flight from Division 1 to the "Premier League" in 1992... There isn't suddenly a reset, it's still the same division just with a different name.

Jimmy Greaves is still the man to beat on 357.

It's not a real record, just because they rebranded the top flight from Division 1 to the "Premier League" in 1992... There isn't suddenly a reset, it's still the same division just with a different name.

The PL was a breakout league from the first division so technically they are different.

If he gets a hat trick in the next game he will have scored as many as your top scorer in the league last season.

He needs one goal in the next game to have scored as many as our top scorer in the league last season.

In 4 games.

4. Games.

That's unbelievable :lol:

He could score another 35 hat tricks this season and nobody would really give two fecks.

As with all things City. Nobody really cares.

To be fair, all of us are discussing him. It's hardly a case of "nobody cares". You, yourself, are in a thread discussing him without him having scored 35 hatricks, because he's worth discussing.

He might go down as the greatest scorer in the english top flight (or close to it). And what we are watching is special.

I never get the obsession with hat-tricks in rating a player, one player could score 5 hat-tricks in a season and go missing in 10 other games while another player could score 1 goal in 15 games, I’d rather the player who is being decisive in every game. Cristiano Ronaldo barely scored a hat-trick for United in his first spell but he scored 2 goals very frequently. Overall impact was massive. It’s a nice aside but the number of hat-tricks shouldn’t be used to rate a player.

Haaland has had 8 league hat-tricks for City so far. That's in just over 2 seasons.

United have had 4 league hat-tricks since Ferguson. Martial, Bruno and 2 from a washed up Ronaldo. That's been just over 11 seasons.
Denis Law had 6 in a season.In an era when the game was played on a cabbage patch , defenders could and did commit gbh and there were virtual no cameras.

Correct.

When you make Manchester City play to your strengths, Im pretty sure you are an amazing footballer by any metric
We will wait and see how he does in the big games again, to see if there is any improvement there. Scoring goals against the likes of Ipswich and West Ham is something he's already done to a prolific degree, and no one ever said that he can't do that.

IIRC though, he didn't score in the UCL semis, the UCL final, the FA Cup final or the Super Cup. The brilliant cartoonist on IG, Hamid Sahari, regularly depicts Haaland as a small child being carried around by Rudiger. Why has this happened?

But there is a distinction between 42-game campaigns and 38.

The PL is almost exclusively 38-game, sans the first 3 seasons.

The troubling thing is even without him, they’re the best team in the league.

I don't think we have a problem admitting rival players' quality. No one will disagree that players like Hazard, Salah, Mane etc. are / were class. Many texts have been written about their brilliance. Haaland on the other hand is like the extreme conclusion of Pep's brand of football where players are reduced to robots who solve problems on the football pitch in very mechanical ways. Like do City fans even get off their feet when Haaland scores? Has a commentator said anything more exciting beyond Haaland ... goal on his goals? The whole thing is just very sterile.

I don't think he had any productive touches the whole game apart from the three goals. He won't lift a weaker side to a higher level, he'll never get Norway punching beyond their weight. Likely will even get marked out of the bigger games. But yeah he's a great goal-scorer, he'll score 50 goals in a dominant side.

Haaland never gets people off their feet, never elicits more than a simple "goal" from commentators? Is your memory that bad?

(Sorry, couldn’t find a short clip without shit music)

I get that most of his goals look unremarkable, but to say he never does anything impressive is off the mark.

I agree but Greaves record is unbeatable really.
If Haaland stays at city for 8 more years and no major injuries, he'll beat Shearers.
He might get close to 300.

I find it interesting how someone who is clearly not as technically sound as the likes of Henry or Suarez is so deadly at finishing. It just feels like some odd contradiction in which the player is obviously technically good enough to be an elite finisher yet seems limited overall.