Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Doesn't even a tiny bit of you put City's ongoing success down to good management?

Yes and the best manager and executives were willing to come to city based on things you would not have been able to do without cooking your books and breaking the rules of the tournaments you compete in (allegedly).

No one is saying Pep isn't a brilliant manager or that Soriano isn't clearly very good at his job, if they are they are silly.

Feck sake we have some great fans :lol:

TBF City are such a none factor for me that if someone just likes watching a certain player it isn't quite as egregious as say waxing lyrical about Van Dijk or Vieira back in the day.

Although I don't know why anyone would love watching Haaland. He's brilliant boring as anything.

I know right. Look at me, a football fan enjoying watching a footballer play fantastic football. The absolute audacity :lol:

Nothing wrong with a football fan doing that, but if any Liverpool fan enjoys watching a United player play fantastic, they’re a fecking weirdo.

Enjoying watching anyone from a rival doing well is against the very essence of rivalry. Will you be enjoying Sancho if he plays incredible for Chelsea and takes a top 4 spot from us?

I know right. Look at me, a football fan enjoying watching a footballer play fantastic football. The absolute audacity :lol:

As a United fan, I just can't derive any enjoyment in watching a City player score a goal a game.

If he was at Barcelona or something I wouldn't mind but while he's as City, I hope he never scores again.

Nothing wrong with a football fan doing that, but if any Liverpool fan enjoys watching a United player play fantastic, they’re a fecking weirdo.

Enjoying watching anyone from a rival doing well is against the very essence of rivalry. Will you be enjoying Sancho if he plays incredible for Chelsea and takes a top 4 spot from us?

If he is amassing the same, remarkable numbers as Haaland, then yes, because it would be amazing to watch. It's called acknowledging a truly great player. Not doing that just because he plays for a rival is just childish. Ronaldo got a standing ovation from United fans in 2003. Fecking weirdos.

Everything is too manufactured with City, and whilst he’s there all of Haaland’s achievements will feel hollow and pointless, just like the football club itself.

They’ve won an unprecedented four league titles in a row and are in with a shout for a fifth- and most of the world could not give a single toss.

If he is amassing the same, remarkable numbers as Haaland, then yes, because it would be amazing to watch. It's called acknowledging a truly great player. Not doing that just because he plays for a rival is just childish. Ronaldo got a standing ovation from United fans in 2003. Fecking weirdos.
I could never enjoyed City or Liverpool player score a goal, ever. But that's just me, I might be too oldschool.

Sorry, totally forgot Ronaldo played for our rivals.

There's a gulf of difference between admiring a player and cheering for him and just appreciating his footballing skills. If, as a United fan, you actively cheer for Haaland or Salah, can't wait to see them play for City and Pool and wish they continue banging the goals, you are weird. But you are also weird if, as a United fan, you are unable to admit that some of the best players around happen to play for our rivals, and it's rather childish to say "as a United fan I could never say City player is the best in the world, so even if I think so I'll still undermine his ability"

There's a gulf of difference between admiring a player and cheering for him and just appreciating his footballing skills. If, as a United fan, you actively cheer for Haaland or Salah, can't wait to see them play for City and Pool and wish they continue banging the goals, you are weird. But you are also weird if, as a United fan, you are unable to admit that some of the best players around happen to play for our rivals, and it's rather childish to say "as a United fan I could never say City player is the best in the world, so even if I think so I'll still undermine his ability"

Thank you. Nail on the head.

Oh no question, it’s almost impossible to watch the likes of David Silva, KdB, Hazard, or back in the day Henry and not be completely in awe.
But enjoying it… well feck me, then it gets weird. I enjoyed every single stinker Henry had, fecking loved it, wanted him to continue having them until he went to Barca where I had no issues enjoying him.

He’s just called you a weirdo.

You literally just posted you ENJOY watching him absolutely smash it.
Yeah you need to go back, read this conversation, read that post and come back to me.

Whilst you're there btw, find and quote where I say I actively cheer them on.

Yeah you need to go back, read this conversation, read that post and come back to me.

Whilst you're there btw, find and quote where I say I actively cheer them on.

You literally posted you enjoy watching a City player play fantastic football.

Key word, you don’t admire it, or are in awe, you actively fecking enjoy it man :nervous:

So back to Ronaldo, you think United fans clapped him because they enjoyed watching him wipe the floor with us?

You literally posted you enjoy watching a City player play fantastic football.

Key word, you don’t admire it, or are in awe, you actively fecking enjoy it man :nervous:

So back to Ronaldo, you think United fans clapped him because they enjoyed watching him wipe the floor with us?
Quote where I said I cheer him on

Everything is too manufactured with City, and whilst he’s there all of Haaland’s achievements will feel hollow and pointless, just like the football club itself.

They’ve won an unprecedented four league titles in a row and are in with a shout for a fifth- and most of the world could not give a single toss.

We keep saying that but the reality is even if the world doesn't give a toss its still fecking happening and on the record books.

I personally think he's smashing the league goal record this season. Called it last week and stand by it, they create so many chances a player with his attributes is always going to score crazy numbers. He stays fit this season he's hit 50 goals plus.

I don't think we have a problem admitting rival players' quality. No one will disagree that players like Hazard, Salah, Mane etc. are / were class. Many texts have been written about their brilliance. Haaland on the other hand is like the extreme conclusion of Pep's brand of football where players are reduced to robots who solve problems on the football pitch in very mechanical ways. Like do City fans even get off their feet when Haaland scores? Has a commentator said anything more exciting beyond Haaland ... goal on his goals? The whole thing is just very sterile.

I don't think he had any productive touches the whole game apart from the three goals. He won't lift a weaker side to a higher level, he'll never get Norway punching beyond their weight. Likely will even get marked out of the bigger games. But yeah he's a great goal-scorer, he'll score 50 goals in a dominant side.

He’s just called you a weirdo.

You literally just posted you ENJOY watching him absolutely smash it.
He enjoys watching talented footballers regardless of who they play for, which is a sane attitude.

The weirdos are people like you who can't understand that and/or waste their time on hating.

I don't think we have a problem admitting rival players' quality. No one will disagree that players like Hazard, Salah, Mane etc. are / were class. Many texts have been written about their brilliance. Haaland on the other hand is like the extreme conclusion of Pep's brand of football where players are reduced to robots who solve problems on the football pitch in very mechanical ways. Like do City fans even get off their feet when Haaland scores? Has a commentator said anything more exciting beyond Haaland ... goal on his goals? The whole thing is just very sterile.

I don't think he had any productive touches the whole game apart from the three goals. He won't lift a weaker side to a higher level, he'll never get Norway punching beyond their weight. Likely will even get marked out of the bigger games. But yeah he's a great goal-scorer, he'll score 50 goals in a dominant side.

Mechanical, that you used there, is a great word to describe Haaland (I know you used it to describe City generally). He's an incredible player, his productivity is insane, but I don't understand how you can find him a joy to watch even ignoring the rivalry.

I think it was Hazard who said similar but you don't pay money to watch Haaland, he's boring. You'd pay to watch KDB etc because there's some creativity there. Haaland is clinical but robotic, basically an Ivan Drago on a football pitch.

He enjoys watching talented footballers regardless of who they play for, which is a sane attitude.

The weirdos are people like you who can't understand that and/or waste their time on hating.

I don’t hate any footballer mate, and I’ve already said I appreciate and am in awe of great players.
What I can’t do is enjoy watching a rival player absolutely smash it, a Madrid player, absolutely, a player for Juve, yup. Mahrez at Leicester… you fecking betya, Mahrez at City, feck no can’t I enjoy that. Did the same poster enjoy Aguero showing how incredible he was in the 95th minute? I mean, that was a great player doing great things after all.

Weirdo is enjoying a player at a close rival absolutely smashing it.

Watching Halland score the goals is a interesting as the ball hitting the water bag and ending up in the net.

You’re literally his biggest cheerleader in this thread pal :confused:

You went as far as saying it’s a “delight to watch.”

Sorry I went to bed dreaming about Haaland
I don’t hate any footballer mate, and I’ve already said I appreciate and am in awe of great players.
What I can’t do is enjoy watching a rival player absolutely smash it, a Madrid player, absolutely, a player for Juve, yup. Mahrez at Leicester… you fecking betya, Mahrez at City, feck no can’t I enjoy that. Did the same poster enjoy Aguero showing how incredible he was in the 95th minute? I mean, that was a great player doing great things after all.

Weirdo is enjoying a player at a close rival absolutely smashing it.

I acknowledge it as an amazing moment in the history of the PL. Of course. And I enjoy it in that anything can happen at any time in a match or during the season. Because that's football.

Do I want Haaland to keep scoring hat tricks every game? No. Of course not. But do I enjoy watching talented footballers do what they do best, and he is doing that consistently.

We done?

Even when he played for Dortmund I'd still see that he was a phenomenal player, and I can easily admit it's fascinating to see someone playing that well even if it's a rivals club. That rocket goal vs PSG is still imprinted in my brain. Did I "enjoy" his goals vs us? No, but any sane person would still recognize his abilities.

I find it highly curious that there's absolutely no links between him and Madrid.

As someone said previously, you just know that if this cybernetic organism played for us, the press would be desperately linking him with a move away every fecking week.

The way I see it is, he's like a quality antagonist in a TV series. You don't want him to succeed but you enjoy watching him. Surely it makes it interesting having this almost boss like player as opposition.

Even when he played for Dortmund I'd still see that he was a phenomenal player, and I can easily admit it's fascinating to see someone playing that well even if it's a rivals club. That rocket goal vs PSG is still imprinted in my brain. Did I "enjoy" his goals vs us? No, but any sane person would still recognize his abilities.

Fascinating, absolutely… it’s actively enjoying a rival player smashing that I find odd to say the least.
Am I in awe of Haaland’s goalscoring abilities, absolutely no question, can I enjoy it? Can I feck, the exact opposite.
If he was doing it for Brighton I’d enjoy it mind, just as I enjoyed watching him at Dortmund.