Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Haaland sits on a 15% (down from 17% since the start of the season) overperformance of his xG since he went to Dortmund, which is only sustainable for the very best in the business (Son 37%, Messi 18%, Kane 17%)

Typical superfinishers are:
Kane, Mbappe, Messi, Lacazette (with the exception of his last Arsenal season), Aspas, Suarez, Griezmann, Son and a few more, but the vast majority sits around their xG and some consistantly underperforms (Jesus, Mbeumo, Tammy, Solanke, Watkins, Mitrovic etc. has never once outperformed their xG over a season)

Much appreciated, Sir. Thank you!

Beginning of the end?

That whole story just sounds....incredibly implausible. That Haaland would leave City and have a bad relationship with his manager because Guardiola praised Messi ahead of the Ballon d'Or? That seems entirely out of character.

That whole story just sounds....incredibly implausible. That Haaland would leave City and have a bad relationship with his manager because Guardiola praised Messi ahead of the Ballon d'Or? That seems entirely out of character.
Yes if it's only that. But I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola generally likes Messi more than Haaland as a striker.

If Haaland hears something like "Messi would do this", "Messi would do that in your position" all the time then the Balon d'Or stuff would just be the tip of the iceberg.

Yes if it's only that. But I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola generally likes Messi more than Haaland as a striker.

If Haaland hears something like "Messi would do this", "Messi would do that in your position" all the time then the Balon d'Or stuff would just be the tip of the iceberg.

Guardiola will like Messi more because Messi is his boy and in his prime he was an all round better player than Haaland will ever be, Messi was able to both create and score goals out of nothing while Haaland usually goes missing when chances arnt being put on a plate for him.

Why would he do that though? He is a totally different type of player.

Why would he do that though? He is a totally different type of player.
Exactly because of that. Haaland wouldn't be the first striker who had problems with Guardiola.

Doesn't mean that there really is something to the story, I just wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/erling-haaland/verletzungen/spieler/418560

A total of 5 games missed for club and country since he joined City. 33 games missed whilst with Dortmund.

Are they doping of some sort, or is their medical department just so much better than everyone else?

You just know if Haaland had joined us from Dortmund, he'd have multiple injuries where half a dozen games had to be missed each time.

A total of 5 games missed for club and country since he joined City. 33 games missed whilst with Dortmund.

Are they doping of some sort, or is their medical department just so much better than everyone else?

You just know if Haaland had joined us from Dortmund, he'd have multiple injuries where half a dozen games had to be missed each time.

From what I gather, their medical department is much better than everyone else. But in any case, there's nothing to explain - just because he lost 33 games to injury at Dortmund there's no reason why that would repeat.

There is a simple explanation for that... City often take him off after about 60 minutes. Dortmund let him play full time almost every match.

That reduces the stress on the muscles and leads to less injuries.

Exactly because of that. Haaland wouldn't be the first striker who had problems with Guardiola.

Doesn't mean that there really is something to the story, I just wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

I have doubts as to whether Pep.actually wanted to sign Haaland in the first place as he isnt Peps type of player, more than likely this signing was a decision mafe above his head and was maybe done to stop rivals getting him.

Guardiola's problems with his strikers weren't about their involvement, they usually were about tactical discipline (positioning during build up and work against the ball). There were no signs that Haaland had any problems with following Guardiola's instructions or the other way round. So I think Haaland being involved that little is by design or at least accepted.

Anyway, if there indeed is a conflict I think Guardiola can do better without Haaland than the other way round.

Because people are gonna expect Erling and Messi to play the same way.

The best to ever kick a ball?

I don't disagree with any of that. Ignoring Rooney and Cantona who didn't really play in his position and Henry, I've not seen anybody who looks so far above the players around him in the Premier League. He is R9esque in that regard. He's only 18 months in to his time in England but on that 18 months he eclipses anybody else. The test will be whether he can keep doing it but I don't see how you stop him, he is bigger, faster, and stronger than everybody else, his movement is fantastic and his touch to get a shot away near perfect. The only hope is to stop the players feeding him.

He gets subbed a lot but yes doping rumours have followed Guardiola's entire career and their players have a habit of returning from injury earlier than expected, whereas ours usually come back late or get injured again soon after.

I don't disagree with any of that. Ignoring Rooney and Cantona who didn't really play in his position and Henry, I've not seen anybody who looks so far above the players around him in the Premier League. He is R9esque in that regard. He's only 18 months in to his time in England but on that 18 months he eclipses anybody else. The test will be whether he can keep doing it but I don't see how you stop him, he is bigger, faster, and stronger than everybody else, his movement is fantastic and his touch to get a shot away near perfect. The only hope is to stop the players feeding him.

It's all conjecture of course but put Shearer, RVN, Suarez and Henry into peps city team and i think they would smash it. But again its a what if we will never find out. Kane is a bit like Shearer in that he played in a top 6 team but never the best, apart from Blackburn that 1 season. But Kane is scoring for fun at Bayern despite his advancing age. But since Man City never lose their best players, i think he'll the most prolific goalscorer in prem history. Unless City is relagated because of ffp but they always get away with it

It's all conjecture of course but put Shearer, RVN, Suarez and Henry into peps city team and i think they would smash it. But again its a what if we will never find out. Kane is a bit like Shearer in that he played in a top 6 team but never the best, apart from Blackburn that 1 season. But Kane is scoring for fun at Bayern despite his advancing age. But since Man City never lose their best players, i think he'll the most prolific goalscorer in prem history. Unless City is relagated because of ffp but they always get away with it

Of course they would smash it but on the eye test alone Haaland shrugs defenders off like they're not there and his movement and pace leaves them standing. I've seen players with one or two traits but not all three.

Consider Suarez who was something of a flat track bully in the PL and never did a huge amount vs the big teams in the league. He only ever scored 2 meaningless goals against us. Haaland has only played us 3 times and he's already on 5. He's on a different level.

Of course they would smash it but on the eye test alone Haaland shrugs defenders off like they're not there and his movement and pace leaves them standing. I've seen players with one or two traits but not all three.

Consider Suarez who was something of a flat track bully in the PL and never did a huge amount vs the big teams in the league. He only ever scored 2 meaningless goals against us. Haaland has only played us 3 times and he's already on 5. He's on a different level.

Considering Haalands record vs Man utd, Suarez was playing in a sup optimal Liverpool team he was carrying against Fergies Man Utd. Haaland playing for one of most dominating teams of all time against a Man utd that has been terrible since Fergie left. We got smashed 7-0 by liverpool. The hidings we've had since Fergie left is unheard of. Not to take anything away from Haaland but there was a different era in regards to Man utd.

I feel like with Ronaldo and Messi having ridiculous goal stats for years now, that all every attacker is judged on is goals. Granted a strikers main job is goals and goals win games, but Haaland needs quality service.

Put him in this United team and he has no where near 50 goals in 48 league games.

Oddly, I find watching his sprinting back to defend counters more exciting than his goals. Kind of reminds me of a great white shark hunting down its prey.

He's lost his marbles!

qmtv73B.jpg

I know you can't expect a striker to score all their chances but for such a great striker, is he really clinical? No idea what the popular xG stats say but just based on an eye test, he seems to miss a lot of big chances?

I know you can't expect a striker to score all their chances but for such a great striker, is he really clinical? No idea what the popular xG stats say but just based on an eye test, he seems to miss a lot of big chances?

Ederson was recently interviewed and said that Aguero is the better finisher. Haaland's unique gifts can create more chances that others might not be able to create though.

Poor game and lost his shit at the end, very lucky not to walk for it.

Ederson was recently interviewed and said that Aguero is the better finisher. Haaland's unique gifts can create more chances that others might not be able to create though.
Haaland seems very reliable in the 1v1s when he's got time to run through on the keeper but, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that he seems a lot more inconsistent when he's snatching at chances/trying to put away cut backs in the six yard box.

This season he's not. He's running 1.7 goals under his xG stat for the 1st time of his career. But him and City are really good at creating chances. Salah has the 2nd best xG stat with 9.69, Haaland has 15.73.

Bringing the game into disrepute. Respect the officials !

The best to ever kick a ball?

What depths has football punditry fallen to. They're degrading themselves appease the tiktok crowd nonsense to win over young people, who probably don't even know who Cantona, Cole, RVN and Shearer are (well maybe they know who Shearer is from that constant Kane v Shearer record nonsense that went around during the summer) .

Haaland is not better than Eric yet. Eric transformed a club and league, the EPL would not be where it is if it weren't for the dominance of United during that era and gaining a massive following abroad. Arsenal as well have a massive role with their rivalry.

Who wouldn't be mad at such a decision going against your side? Ref is a moron.

Not complaining though, i may be a norwegian, but i don't want City to win anything.