NFL Thread 2019

I’d rather play Philip Lindsay at QB than see Brady in orange and blue.

:lol: Did include them on purpose.

Honestly though you are not that far away IMO and Drew Lock would benefit from one year or so. Not that it is going to happen though.

Cooper FA would depend on the Cowboys cap outlook. They've got a few OL plus Jaylon, Lawrence and Zeke on big contracts. Dak is likely to get paid or franchised. Cooper may get the hook due to the cap crunch.

Dallas have loads of cap room. Currently the 6th most across the NFL iirc. Even tying Dak and Amari down will leave us with in the region of 50mil from what I remember.

Whoever signs Brady will get burned badly. He’s done.

News is that Tom Brady is selling his New England home and moving to Connecticut. Also his family suite at stadium has also been cleaned like never before. End of era?

@rpitroda @ha_rooney @Kazi @muller

It’s always been a bit of a non story to be honest - one of the patriots reporters even revealed the house he was selling wasn’t the one he was living in.

he also sold a house in New York and one in LA last year..

but who knows, he might be gone.

the best ever, but I do wonder what we would do next season without him.

Break the draft bank for Burrows if it was me.. never going to happen!

There’s a new Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix. Just watched part of the first of three episodes so far. Seems interesting. Hopefully finish the rest this evening.

Umm, Chargers? They got some seats to fill in the new stadium. I’d argue there’s no team that needs him more than the Chargers do.
I'd say the last thing they need is a 43 year old QB who is way past it and has never played in a different system during his 20 year career.

I'd say the last thing they need is a 43 year old QB who is way past it and has never played in a different system during his 20 year career.
You could literally make that same argument for every other potential Brady suitor unless someone hires McDaniels. I think Brady isn’t done yet. And they need someone with starpower able to sell seats in a brand new stadium.

The bigger question isn’t why would the Chargers want him? It’s why would he come here? Besides the west coast thing and having good weapons on offense, our ownership is terrible, our offensive coordinator is completely unproven, and offensive line is mediocre at best. Believe me, the Chargers need Brady more than he needs us.

Umm, Chargers? They got some seats to fill in the new stadium. I’d argue there’s no team that needs him more than the Chargers do.

Colts, Bears and Bills are pretty much just a decent QB away from actually competing again. Yes, they can get better in certain areas, but the Chargers are further away for example. That offensive line is just terrible and I have no idea what happened to that defence this year other than Derwin James being injured. They should have been better.

Drew Rosenhaus dropped AB as a client until he seeks help. I seriously think this ends up only getting worse. AB is obviously not well.

Drew Rosenhaus dropped AB as a client until he seeks help. I seriously think this ends up only getting worse. AB is obviously not well.

Saw a video of him apparently training for a boxing fight against Logan Paul. Both cnuts who can both get KO’d.

In all seriousness, he does need support & I hope he gets it soon.

Haha imagine going from one immobile QB to another with that O Line. I am assuming you are kidding.

He's not going there unless he has assurances that something will be done about that but I can see his profile wanting NYC.

Nah I think this is being overanalyzed. He's just a dumbass who happens to be really good at football with no friends and too much money.

Cincinnati can be quite good next year, adding Burrow to a roster that has AJ Green, Ross & co. could be fun.

You can't make this shit up.

The money thing is so fecking ridiculous. Only in the USA can you do pretty much whatever you want but oh boy, thou shall not giveth some cash to players who just played their last ever college football game.

The money thing is so fecking ridiculous. Only in the USA can you do pretty much whatever you want but oh boy, thou shall not giveth some cash to players who just played their last ever college football game.
The most obvious “I’m looking for a handout payday” attempt to date.

AB obviously has CTE and lacks any impulse control due to it.

It's a farce. The amount of money that revolves around the CFB game, March Madness, and other college games yet god forbid the players get uppity after they handle some cash

It's a farce. The amount of money that revolves around the CFB game, March Madness, and other college games yet god forbid the players get uppity after they handle some cash

From memory it was mentioned that one of the actual issue is that if they change student-athletes status they may have to pay a lot more for injury insurances.

From memory it was mentioned that one of the actual issue is that if they change student-athletes status they may have to pay a lot more for injury insurances.

I don't buy it, the insurance that student-athletes receive is very comprehensive right now as it stands. One of the few genuine perks they receive now.

I mean, slapping a cop on the arse is a dumbass move to make. He wasn't even that fit!

Nah I think this is being overanalyzed. He's just a dumbass who happens to be really good at football with no friends and too much money.
Yea AB is just an arrogant self absorbed cnut. Nothing more to it than that.
This smells different than the usual selfish primadonna bullshit of like say Terrell Owens.
AB obviously has CTE and lacks any impulse control due to it.
That’s what I’m thinking as well. Some serious self-destructive behavior going on. One thing it goes to show is how good the Steelers were at keeping him in check or at least masking it. Credit to Tomlin.

I don't buy it, the insurance that student-athletes receive is very comprehensive right now as it stands. One of the few genuine perks they receive now.

John Oliver did a good piece on the NCAA:

The thing that baffles me, is NCAA head coaches salaries. Many are better paid than PL managers.

Dallas have loads of cap room. Currently the 6th most across the NFL iirc. Even tying Dak and Amari down will leave us with in the region of 50mil from what I remember.

I hope they can keep him although his drops this past season gave me concern going forward. Have heard Moore's schemes are not getting the best from Cooper's route running and abilities.

But I do like how Gallop is developing and I find these two are great weapons to pull opposing defenses.

I hope they can keep him although his drops this past season gave me concern going forward. Have heard Moore's schemes are not getting the best from Cooper's route running and abilities.

But I do like how Gallop is developing and I find these two are great weapons to pull opposing defenses.

Well we've binned off our WR coach staff, so will be interesting to see what happens with Gallup's development as a result. Same concern re Amari. He's either brilliant or awful.