NFL Thread 2019

Yea I saw that at the same time. Don’t know enough about him as an OC to have a firm opinion.

I like him, West coast offense, screens, play actions and good balance between run and pass. Though, if I remember correctly the Vikings were bad in the red zone in 2017.

Cooper FA would depend on the Cowboys cap outlook. They've got a few OL plus Jaylon, Lawrence and Zeke on big contracts. Dak is likely to get paid or franchised. Cooper may get the hook due to the cap crunch.

Surely the Bengals would've traded Green if they didn't want to keep him? I think they'll franchise tag him.

They're a sleeper team to do well next year imo. On the OL, they missed Cordy Glenn for the majority of the season, as well as their first-rounder Williams. Add Green to that, and maybe a healthy John Ross, assuming they draft Burrow... That's an exciting young QB, one of the best dual-threat RBs in the league, a perennial Pro Bowler at WR alongside Boyd and Ross, ... The only problem is that their defense is horrible so they're gonna need to put up a lot of points, kinda like the Bucs this year.

Unfortunately, this is gonna be the new norm going forward. Luck and now Kuechly, both surefire hall of famers if they didn't bow out early. Kuechly is such a stud. As tough as they come. :(
Kuechly is a surefire HOF'er even now, same as Gronk is indeed.

Patrick Willis retired just before I started following the NFL but I've seen claims on Twitter that him and Kuechly are the best ILBs drafted in the past two decades and both bowed out before they turned 30. It's a shame for the game, but you can't blame them.

Ahh only 28. But understandable considering his history with concussions. A lot of the character being drained out of this team. Olsen and Kuechly retired, Cam on the ropes.

Kuechly was the first in his position where I (as someone who barely knew the game) could see how good he was. He quickly became one of my favorite players.

Very good player & a big loss for the Panthers.

I’m glad players who have struggled with injuries are now putting their health first & retiring early rather than playing on & risking further (possibly more significant) damage.

Wow. Big news and unexpected (at least for me).

True stud. Wonderful player. But fully understand why he (and likely others) May go down this route.

I was just checking the year Kuelchy was drafted in, fecking hell that's a great LB class:

Luke Kuechly
Melvin Ingram (don't know why he's listed as a LB)
Dont'a Hightower
Bobby Wagner
Lavonte David
Demario Davis
Nigel Bradham
Mychal Kendricks

I was just checking the year Kuelchy was drafted in, fecking hell that's a great LB class:

Luke Kuechly
Dont'a Hightower
Bobby Wagner
Lavonte David
Demario Davis
Nigel Bradham
Mychal Kendricks

Any draft with two consistent all-pro players at a skill position is impressive alone, even if you ignore the other pro-bowl calibre players too.

Any draft with two consistent all-pro players at a skill position is impressive alone, even if you ignore the other pro-bowl calibre players too.

Was looking at the 2011 draft and there’s quite a list of names in the top spots:

Cam Newton
Von Miller
AJ Green
Pat Peterson
Julio Jones
JJ Watt

Was looking at the 2011 draft and there’s quite a list of names in the top spots:

Cam Newton
Von Miller
AJ Green
Pat Peterson
Julio Jones
JJ Watt
Richard Sherman as well.

More recently, 2017 already looks like an awesome one too.

Richard Sherman as well.

More recently, 2017 already looks like an awesome one too.

I only looked at the top of the list to be fair but yea I’m sure there’s a bunch more further down. Sherman was a 5th rounder and yea he’s been a great player.

2017: Chad Kelly at Mr Irrelevant :lol:

Mahomes and Watson at 10 and 12 though, plus McCaffrey, obviously Myles Garrett, plus a bunch more, yea another great class.

Luke Kuechly
Dont'a Hightower
Bobby Wagner
Lavonte David
Demario Davis
Nigel Bradham
Mychal Kendricks

Look up the 1996 draft class for linebackers.

Some good news after all the retirements: Larry Fitzgerald is returning for a 17th season with the Cardinals :drool:

Glad I missed the jerking off over the Patriots loss.

Loved Henry using Earl Thomas as a blocker after him mouthing off.

There is no Tom Brady house in Connecticut, says Tom Curran.

Good chance he leaves, but the house thing is a bit misleading. I believe he’d made plans to sell his house way before the season started / early in the season.

But just get the feeling he will go. Fact McDaniels stayed though may suggest that the team wants to keep him. So not that sure that BB truly wants him gone.