NFL 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen it last season. Didn't we?

I meant their pro careers so far, including Brock last year.

Siemian looks better this year than Brock did last year for me. He's ridiculously calm and composed for a QB in his first bunch of games.

I meant their pro careers so far, including Brock last year.

Siemian looks better this year than Brock did last year for me. He's ridiculously calm and composed for a QB in his first bunch of games.

Brock has a lot better throwing arm than him. Siemian is just the usual back up level QB. Nothing special about him.

Brock has a lot better throwing arm than him. Siemian is just the usual back up level QB. Nothing special about him.

To be honest, that's the perfect description of Brock in my opinion. People seem to forget which team Osweiler played for last year. Anyone would seem like a good QB with those guys in front.

Brock has a very good arm when he's got plenty of time, under pressure he seems to struggle which is where Siemian sets himself apart with his cool head.

That's because he has the best defensive line in the league protecting him.
You mean their O-line? If anything, they are the main reason for their losses this season if nfl.com is to be believed.

You seem to be confusing the O-line with the Defence.

Our O-line has been largely crap this year and was far from great last year. Our Defence led us to the SB.

Bottom line is, neither are brilliant QBs at this stage. And if it continues that way, which I'm not saying it will for sure, then the Broncos are surely better off given the vast amount of money Osweiler wanted.

Now I do genuinely believe Osweiler has a lot more potential than Siemien, but on the balance of things, it probably wasn't worth the risk for a Broncos team who don't need a worldie at QB right now and are best served spending the money to make a great team even better.

Our O-line has been largely crap this year and was far from great last year. Our Defence led us to the SB.

You seem to be getting carried away. Between the amount of protection he gets and the conservative style of play calling, I think it is pretty safe to say they don't trust their QB enough.

You are giving too much weight to the whole "he is soo good under pressure" argument. He has two of the best WR's in the league and barely utilises them. Anyways, I only seem him as a back up level QB. You clearly see something more in him. More power to you.

You are giving too much weight to the whole "he is soo good under pressure" argument. He has two of the best WR's in the league and barely utilises them. Anyways, I only seem him as a back up level QB. You clearly see something more in him. More power to you.
Not really, I just said he's better than Brock. You're putting more weight to my words than is there.

He's played 7 NFL games, let's wait and see, but he looks good.

Let me try again. Osweiler looked like the real deal, because of the guys in front of him (not terrible, not elite) as well as the great offensive players around him. With a worse defence (not O-line), his w/l-ratio would be way worse, so would his contract.

Let me try again. Osweiler looked like the real deal, because of the guys in front of him (not terrible, not elite) as well as the great offensive players around him. With a worse defence (not O-line), his w/l-ratio would be way worse, so would his contract.
Denver offense in general was mostly garbage last season. We kicked and defended our way to the SB.

(Exaggeration perhaps but the basic point stands).

Surprisingly yes, he's been excellent. The defense is bottom five bad and Caldwell is still terrible so I doubt we make the playoffs.

It's good to hear that he is doing well, he is nice to watch and I like Marvin Jones.

People are complaining about Siemian risk averse game but he has no time to throw deep balls or wait for complex routes to be executed, too many longish plays end up with either a hit, a sack or almost half of the time a holding by Okung.

People are complaining about Siemian risk averse game but he has no time to throw deep balls or wait for complex routes to be executed, too many longish plays end up with either a hit, a sack or almost half of the time a holding by Okung.
We give up far too many yards in penalties, drives me insane.

We give up far too many yards in penalties, drives me insane.

It's upsetting but at least unlike the Vikings you don't have saloon doors all accross the O-Line, the players have the decency to pretend that they are blocking something.

Hey now if we're talking saloon doors at offensive line, may I make a case for Seattle?

Okung was one of our better O-lineman..

It's upsetting but at least unlike the Vikings you don't have saloon doors all accross the O-Line, the players have the decency to pretend that they are blocking something.
It'll probably cost both a shot at a Super Bowl, bar some unexpected heroics at QB. A shame given how great the defenses are.

Status
Not open for further replies.