Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

Guti is more like a joke made by Barcelona fans so it's not going to happen. I would love him to get the job some day but it will be most likely under similar circumstances in how Zidane got the job, after a terrible appointment.

So no, that's not happening at least not now. Then I recall after Ancelotti got sacked I would have liked someone like Klopp as I think our players could adapt well to his style but he's now in Liverpool and has like a cult following there so the more sensible option for me would be Pochettino.

He's linked so heavily because when the season began and Real Madrid was looking so bad there was already contact with him to replace Zidane; then as the season progressed and Zidane started to knock out clubs left and right in UCL that solidified Zidane's position in the club and by beating Bayern no one was going to sack the manager that took the club to three consecutive UCL finals. So by that time it was highly unlikely Real Madrid was going to come for Pochettino so then he signs a new contract now but he does want the job.

It's not that I rate him highly but given the circumstances someone like him (or Low) are the best we can get and if he managed to bring someone from Spurs, let's say Son or Eriksen it would be an even sweeter deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had to settle with someone of lower stature similar to Benitez in 2015, that position is more trouble than it is worth in this particular situation.

Not to mention they won't have a proper preseason because of the World Cup and they start off by playing Atleti in the european supercup.

It's going to be incredibly difficult for the next manager. Low and Pochettino would be the best options imo

I'm hearing stuff about Sergio Ramos as player-manager. He'll be hoping to turn their top target Salah's head after turning his shoulder.

I really think Wenger could be great for them. He'd have the same sort of calming authority that Ancelotti and Zidane have had.

Wenger. It might actually work and it would be incredibly funny if it did.

I'm hearing stuff about Sergio Ramos as player-manager. He'll be hoping to turn their top target Salah's head after turning his shoulder.

:lol: Where did you steal that from? It's pretty good.

Could Klopp be tempted out of Liverpool?
No, its absolutely impossible that Klopp will break his contract and running away from his Liverpool project..zero chance for Real.

Pochettino seems impossible too, so not an easy situation for Real. Löw also extended his contract until 2022 just a few weeks ago, so IMO its also very unlikely that he would sit down with them now to talk about a possible move. Maybe if he becomes WC again, but he just seems very settled and happy with his job. He has said though, that IF he becomes a club coach again, then he wants to work in Spain..still slim chances all in all.

Maybe Allegri, Conte or Sarri or a highly rated domestic newcomer?

Tricky situation that is.

Real needs rebuilding job!? There is no better than LVG for that! :lol:

No, its absolutely impossible that Klopp will break his contract and running away from his Liverpool project..zero chance for Real.

Pochettino seems impossible too, so not an easy situation for Real. Löw also extended his contract until 2022 just a few weeks ago, so IMO its also very unlikely that he would sit down with them now to talk about a possible move. Maybe if he becomes WC again, but he just seems very settled and happy with his job. He has said though, that IF he becomes a club coach again, then he wants to work in Spain..still slim chances all in all.

Maybe Allegri, Conte or Sarri or a highly rated domestic newcomer?

Tricky situation that is.

If by "seems impossible" you mean that it's highly likely, then I have to agree.

According to this journalist, there is a clause for him to go to RM. On the top of that not only Pochettino thinks he's ready to coach the club, he also can't wait to be the new manager.

Gut says it's going to be one of Allegri or Guti

Unless it's true Pochettino has a release clause in the contract

Love it if they hire pochetinno.

His fan boys will see the real bottler in him, Tottenham fans will cry and their team would crumble. Win win

The next man in charge at Real is in for a loss surely, how the feck are you supposed to follow a manager who’s just won 3 CL titles back to back. On top of that the squad is aging and needs some major investment....it’s a huge job at Madrid.

No matter who takes it they’ll probably be gone in 12 months. Dead mans job this year.

The next man in charge at Real is in for a loss surely, how the feck are you supposed to follow a manager who’s just won 3 CL titles back to back. On top of that the squad is aging and needs some major investment....it’s a huge job at Madrid.

No matter who takes it they’ll probably be gone in 12 months. Dead mans job this year.

Maybe Ramos as player-manager ain't a half-bad idea. Only ones who can manage them are themselves.

Definitely Wenger. They need an experienced manager to handle the transition. Bale and Ronaldo need sorting and the right players brought in. Its not impossible. Sell Ronaldo and buy Kane or lewandowski. And sell Bale and buy Griezmann or Dybala etc. Half your problems solved. But it needs someone that's brave enough to do it. I think he would do well.

Don't rule out a Spanish speaking manager from a Liga side. The language/culture side of things is important for Real too.

Everybody knows that. Still most managers wont say no to them.

Definitely Wenger. They need an experienced manager to handle the transition. Bale and Ronaldo need sorting and the right players brought in. Its not impossible. Sell Ronaldo and buy Kane or lewandowski. And sell Bale and buy Griezmann or Dybala etc. Half your problems solved. But it needs someone that's brave enough to do it. I think he would do well.

One opportunity he'd get to manage Ronaldo, I can't see him doing that.

It'll take a ballsy, Guardiola/Mourinho/Conte, like attitude of a manager to do the job of making the decision to let Ronnie go.

Nah... the boys will eat him alive. He's considered past it for madrid boys me think.

I expect a very fun summer for madridistas. The belly full of Champions and a new project, with all the news, changes, signings and drama that will come with that.
Zidane had a contract until 2020, so if he has resigned it is because a change was necessary.
Yesterday it was announced that Guti continued, something unexpected because he wanted some challenge, and seeing that Wenger is not among the candidates I started to get excited with the idea of Pochettino with Guti as second coach :drool:

And there's me thinking that several Caftards were very confident that Poch will want out ... I guess appearances can be deceptive.
And why wouldn’t you take that confidence where you could win four times as much and be guaranteed to receive your winnings?

Its a shame that its Real since its the sort of 'challenge' pep would like.

If by "seems impossible" you mean that it's highly likely, then I have to agree.

According to this journalist, there is a clause for him to go to RM. On the top of that not only Pochettino thinks he's ready to coach the club, he also can't wait to be the new manager.

You have to be absolutely mental if you think Levy accepted a clause in Poch's new contract that lets him go to Madrid if they come calling. It's absolutely ridiculous. Levy would never sanction that and Poch would never ask for it.

First of all, I don't think Madrid have any chance of tempting Poch, for many reasons.

Madrid rebuilding job is massive. Madrid's best stars are now passing their peak. Poch will have an meglomaniac chairman who controls everything, telling him what to do. The max term Poch can expect to stay at Madrid is 2 years, and if he was to say, crash out of the CL at the last 16 stage, or fail to get out of the group stage, and not win La Liga, he'd be sacked before the first season is up. Poch's philosphy does not go hand in glove with Madrids's, in fact, they clash.

Everything I have seen and heard from Poch makes me believe this is not the right time for him to leave Spurs and the wrong time in his career to manage Madrid. If Poch is as intelligent as I think he is, he will not take the job. I think it would be a career mistake of epic proportions, his chance of failure at Madrid would be over 75%. Even winning the CL wouldn't placate the club or fans, he is on a hiding to nothing. The only way is down at Madrid.

Just to add, the spanish media are even worse than the english when it comes to making things up. For example, how Poch is desperate to maage Madrid. If he was so desperate, why did he sign a new contract less than a week ago? When there was a real possibility the Madrid manager role would be available if Zidance lost the CL final? Remember, Poch signed his new contact BEFORE the CL final, not after it.

And why wouldn’t you take that confidence where you could win four times as much and be guaranteed to receive your winnings?

I've already said why:

1) Poch has just signed a new and lucrative contract, which at the very least provides a moral obligation to stay for the first season in our new stadium. I see Poch as an honourable man, who thus won't ask to leave.

2) It'd be an uphill struggle to further extend RM's CL achievements next season and I doubt Poch would want the bullet after just 1 year. Far better to take the job after a low-point, not a high point.

Not to mention they won't have a proper preseason because of the World Cup and they start off by playing Atleti in the european supercup.

It's going to be incredibly difficult for the next manager. Low and Pochettino would be the best options imo

Why Low? I didn't understand linking him to Arsenal let alone RM. His club career was rather poor and managing a NT is quite a different beast (see BigPhil)

Unlike us, it doesn’t seem to matter who Real Madrid’s manager is, they just keep rolling along.
Chelsea are the same. If they took on Moyes they’d still win a couple of cups.
It always amazes me how some clubs can override a crap manager, whereas clubs like United, and Liverpool, generally need someone at the top of their game to prosper.
So, don’t worry about Real, they’ll be just fine.

Surely they were thinking over options around Christmas, so they will have a shortlist of sorts. Zidane has just screwed them if Poch was on it though!

Wenger and Conte would be the easy options, Klopp and Poch a little more difficult. Allegri could also be a strong choice on paper.

Why Low? I didn't understand linking him to Arsenal let alone RM. His club career was rather poor and managing a NT is quite a different beast (see BigPhil)

I think he has the right personality for it, he'd be respected by the players and tactically he's done well for Germany.

On further consideration, I think Allegri is the best option for Madrid. Better than Low or Pochettino.