Next Real Madrid manager | Glaston has a shocker

Surely they were thinking over options around Christmas, so they will have a shortlist of sorts. Zidane has just screwed them if Poch was on it though!

Wenger and Conte would be the easy options, Klopp and Poch a little more difficult. Allegri could also be a strong choice on paper.

You can't see someone with Conte's style managing them surely?
Wenger would be an easy appointment for sure, but surely his stock is as low as it's been for a decade, let alone cruising into the Euro champs!

All in all though, Zidane has chucked a major curveball in here!
Bale and Ronaldo scenarios are totally now up in the air, as it'd be brave for a new manager to let either go.
Hazard might not be to the new manager's taste etc.

It's like this has single handedly delayed a lot of stuff.

Unlike us, it doesn’t seem to matter who Real Madrid’s manager is, they just keep rolling along.
Chelsea are the same. If they took on Moyes they’d still win a couple of cups.
It always amazes me how some clubs can override a crap manager, whereas clubs like United, and Liverpool, generally need someone at the top of their game to prosper.
So, don’t worry about Real, they’ll be just fine.

That's because those clubs have a different structure and the manager doesn't have as much power.

You can't see someone with Conte's style managing them surely?
They hired Capello. Twice. And Benitez!

If you're a winner it's an easier sell I guess. Not saying it would end well, but he is available and has a decent reputation still.

Is there anyone available from next season they could bridge too with Wenger, perhaps?

Another option would be to hire whoever has a good world cup, that would be an interesting twist for Perez

It’s going to be a very interesting rebuild job at Madrid. How do you replace all those aging stars at a time when each replacement player is going to cost close to 100m.

We need to find replacements for 4 players (Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo) and we have 2 seasons to do that.
We already have Kovacic and Asensio almost ready to go into the first team and we have players we can sell for big money like Bale or even one of Kroos/Isco.

We havent spent anything in last 4 years so if needed, the money's there.

We need to find replacements for 4 players (Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo) and we have 2 seasons to do that.
We already have Kovacic and Asensio almost ready to go into the first team and we have players we can sell for big money like Bale or even one of Kroos/Isco.

Just like when United lost Ronaldo, you might need to sign two players to replace him.
I'd imagine you won't go for the equivalents of Valencia and Owen though!

If you could take Hazard off Chelsea that'd do us all a favour. Both because we can never handle his danger, and because he spends half the game on the turf.

I'm predicting Conte but if i were Perez I'd lure Klopp or Pep to come manage the greatest club in Europe.

In all seriousness appointing CR7 as manager would not exactly be a terrible choice. The reason I say this is that it is clear that the only way you can manage the club and all the big egos within that club (both on and off the field) is if you are part of the clubs "establishment" and have had a strong enough career (at the club in question) to sucessfully demand respect and authority from both the players and the board of the said club.

So under those circumstances (and despite having less managerial experence than even Arteta), Ronaldo would not be a terrible choice (certainly better than reappointing Jose or appointing Sarri), simply because he pretty much fits into that criteria. Which in turn say a lot about how that club is idiotically run...

I'm predicting Conte but if i were Perez I'd lure Klopp or Pep to come manage the greatest club in Europe.

Unless Pep somehow has a personality transplant, I really cannot see him manage Real. Simply because not only is he a Barca legend (as player, captain and manager), he is also an outspoken Catalan Nationalist as well. And lets not also forget for all their faults Man City as they currently are is kind of tailored to what he expects out of a football club, something Real Madrid will not provide to him.

So if anything he is the least likely manager to ever manage the club more than anything else.

Just like when United lost Ronaldo, you might need to sign two players to replace him.
I'd imagine you won't go for the equivalents of Valencia and Owen though!

I know we'll never get anything close to a like for like replacement except if we sign Neymar. Two top players just might be enough..

If you could take Hazard off Chelsea that'd do us all a favour. Both because we can never handle his danger, and because he spends half the game on the turf.

I like Hazard but not if Ronaldo is staying. Different players occupying the same space, it would never work.
Ronaldo plays where he feels most comfortable and even Zidane didn't manage to change his game. If we get a nobody like Pochettino it could work out but it could also get really ugly. He'll get zero respect from those players and he'll have a hard time earning it.

If Poch was somehow waiting for the Real job why would he sign the new contract before the CL Final when all the talk was ZZ would be sacked if he lost it? It just doesn’t make sense.

In his own words, he would look like a right knob...

“I am honoured to have signed a new long-term contract as we approach one of the most significant periods in the club’s history, and be the manager that will lead this team into our new world-class stadium. This is just one of the factors that makes this one of the most exciting jobs in world football and we are already making plans to ensure we continue to build on the great work that everyone has contributed to over the past four years.

“Daniel and I have spoken at length about our aspirations for this football club. We both share the same philosophies to achieve long-term, sustainable success. This is a special club – we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this club deserves.”

If Poch was somehow waiting for the Real job why would he sign the new contract before the CL Final when all the talk was ZZ would be sacked if he lost it? It just doesn’t make sense.
Poch is going nowhere.

Speaking on this matter, to enable Real to have 2 World Class/Quality XI's in your squad (as was pretty much the case in 2016-2017), you need to get another Goalkeeper (Courtois), another Left Back (Sandro or Alaba), another Right Back (Kimmich), 2 Centre Backs (Alderweireld and Vertonghen), 2 Wingers (Neymar and Salah) and 2 Strikers (Kane and Icardi) alongside a return of James from Bayern and maybe another Midfielder (Pogba) as well.

The only problem is that buying all those players would require a transfer budget of well over £1 billion...

Note: I am not in favour of any of these players heading to Real Madrid, rather I am only expressing what Real Madrid need to move forward as a club.

Can I ask what makes you, a United fan so sure, most our relishing our collapse.
Because he seems very committed to Spurs atm. Just signed a new contract, seems to have been promised things that have made him sign that contract, and because of his loyalty strikes me a person that wouldn't up sticks and leave Spurs in the lurch like this after signing a new deal. I would be shocked if Poch becomes Real's new manager.

They say Conte has a very hard character, whines all the time and as we can see he gets into fights with the players. I would give him untill Christmass.
Madrid is nothing like places he worked at before.

They say Conte has a very hard character, whines all the time and as we can see he gets into fights with the players. I would give him untill Christmass.
Madrid is nothing like places he worked at before.

You've had Capello and Mourinho. Capello especially is very strict and works his players into the ground like an army officer.

You've had Capello and Mourinho. Capello especially is very strict and works his players into the ground like an army officer.

After winning the league, Conte had written off his 3 key players, Luiz (he was instrumrntal for their playing style), Matic and Costa. It's clearly down to him and the guy is just too much.

Because he seems very committed to Spurs atm. Just signed a new contract, seems to have been promised things that have made him sign that contract, and because of his loyalty strikes me a person that wouldn't up sticks and leave Spurs in the lurch like this after signing a new deal. I would be shocked if Poch becomes Real's new manager.

Pretty much bang on the money, you will be shocked I'd be devistated.

Can I ask what makes you, a United fan so sure, most our relishing our collapse.
It’s a little weird that as you say some/most are relishing in the idea that spurs will collapse if he goes are the same that say he’s not any good and seem to be of the idea that the best team in Europe fancy him as their main man to carry on that tradition.
Personally I don’t think he would leave yet and if I’m being honest I don’t think now would be a good time to take over Real and hopefully he sees that himself. Plus hopefully he’ll take over United at the end of the year.

Vicente Del Bosque. The easiest option for Perez. The question is can both put aside their differences?!

I'm ready to bet my money on Wenger. I also think he'll end the same way Benitez ended.

I'm ready to bet my money on Wenger. I also think he'll end the same way Benitez ended.

No... nobody wants Wenger him like nobody wanted Benitez. He wouldn't even make it to December if for some reason he was our manager. :mad:

In his own words, he would look like a right knob...

“I am honoured to have signed a new long-term contract as we approach one of the most significant periods in the club’s history, and be the manager that will lead this team into our new world-class stadium. This is just one of the factors that makes this one of the most exciting jobs in world football and we are already making plans to ensure we continue to build on the great work that everyone has contributed to over the past four years.

“Daniel and I have spoken at length about our aspirations for this football club. We both share the same philosophies to achieve long-term, sustainable success. This is a special club – we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this club deserves.”

Firstly I dont think he is going anywhere. He wont get the time there to build/ rebuild the team. This is not a great job right now, will likely end up being blamed for the inevitable not so great performances as they regroup.

Having said that since when has the above stopped anyone from leaving their team?

I don't think many clubs are behind on the bandwagon of getting a manager of their own by now. The way football is - Guti is more likely to be a benefit to them than Napoli's manager or someone who hasn't a clue about the clubs inside.

The quicker that we follow suit & hire one of our own - the quicker we will have fan's not complaining about the 'entertainment' that they are seeing.

Guti, Zidane or Gary Neville are more likely to have dreamt about how they see Madrid or United being run respectively & what type of football that is played as much as us fans do the same. This may sound minimalistic but would merely by example give them a significant ease to manage a club of their own. Them being asked to run Valencia or Derby in comparison with not having dreamt about their ideal tactics & players, is a different kettle of fish.

I know money speaks a lot but Pep, the guy who is for the Catalonian independence, come and manage the one team that represents Spain? Not sure about that one...

Unless Pep somehow has a personality transplant, I really cannot see him manage Real. Simply because not only is he a Barca legend (as player, captain and manager), he is also an outspoken Catalan Nationalist as well. And lets not also forget for all their faults Man City as they currently are is kind of tailored to what he expects out of a football club, something Real Madrid will not provide to him.

So if anything he is the least likely manager to ever manage the club more than anything else.
I understand all that perfectly but if I was Perez I'd at least try and promise him heaven and earth and see how that plays out.

Firstly I dont think he is going anywhere. He wont get the time there to build/ rebuild the team. This is not a great job right now, will likely end up being blamed for the inevitable not so great performances as they regroup.

Having said that since when has the above stopped anyone from leaving their team?

Weeks after signing a new contract?
I understand all that perfectly but if I was Perez I'd at least try and promise him heaven and earth and see how that plays out.

Pep wouldn't even lift the phone, how could he ever?