Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

The biggest cons I think of this idea would be, the amount of work the Draft master would have to do. Also it might take away the fun of drafting, as you are drafting all the players at the same time. So what do you guys think ?

like you said, it kills the fun of drafting so its not really my thing, dont really like auction drafts.....probably the only version of draft that i dont like.

You can hide the vote count for people who haven't voted yet. That along with not allowing to change votes would mean that people don't know the result before voting. But you're right, it's impossible to hide the result for everyone.

Those are the 4 options we have when creating a poll:

Options:
  • Allow voters to change their votes
  • Display votes publicly
  • Allow the results to be viewed without voting
  • Close this poll after:

Yeah that can also do the trick somehow given we already have that functionality.
Yeah the functionality isn't there but might be something Niall could add.

Would be best, if it is not too much hassle for Niall for the implementation.

How about a IPL style draft. 16 managers, every manager nominates 12 players for draft, We segregate them on basis of position and then start auctioning from a limited sum. To make process faster, such that an offline member doesn't miss out, he can send in max amt to be bid for a player to a neutral member overseeing the draft, and can send in preference order. As in Say the players are RVN, Henry, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Ronaldo- I can send the picks as max bid of 20M,25M, 20M,15M,30M with pref order Ron, RVN,Henry, Sheva, Inzaghi, so if some other person bids 30m+ for Ronaldo, I wont be able to get him and will move to RVN and will get him if the highest bid from other members has been 19M or less.

Some suggestions:

- include 1 or 2 players from the French league
- limit the period of time: something like "80s-90s". The idea is to be able to compare the players. Hard to compare Puskas with Aguero.
- A mercato: the possibility to swap a player with another manager before the start of the games

What's next?
Good question. I was thinking about running a sheep draft, but I think I will wait until another draft is done.

I thought of two other draft ideas in the meantime:
  1. "Futures" Draft: only players eligible are those who are 24 or under.
  2. A draft that covers all leagues BUT the Big 5 (PL/old English Division 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, and Ligue 1).

A draft that covers all leagues BUT the Big 5 (PL/old English Division 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, and Ligue 1).
So we ban every player who's ever played a game in one of those leagues? Would be tough.

I thought of one, basically take one of the all time drafts e.g. the one player per nation one and ban every player picked in that. Then resume normally, no more restrictions. Should be great.

Auction draft with only active players?

So we ban every player who's ever played a game in one of those leagues? Would be tough.

I thought of one, basically take one of the all time drafts e.g. the one player per nation one and ban every player picked in that. Then resume normally, no more restrictions. Should be great.

That's basically South American draft with the oldie generation(and Eastern Europe/Portuguese league - Benfica sides).

what happened with watter-carrier idea? i thought that was next....

Not bad, it would be similar to this pool but across a longer timeframe.
Good question. I was thinking about running a sheep draft, but I think I will wait until another draft is done.

I thought of two other draft ideas in the meantime:
  1. "Futures" Draft: only players eligible are those who are 24 or under.
  2. A draft that covers all leagues BUT the Big 5 (PL/old English Division 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, and Ligue 1).
I can't remember when we last did a futures draft, I'd probably suggest no more frequent than every 2-3 years or so otherwise it's the same pool that gets rehashed. Quite like the concept of assessing performance in other leagues, although it would be quite tricky as discussion would inevitably reference how they got on in the big 5 leagues to test their big-game ability. Unless of course they are banned, but then it becomes a South American draft primarily and if that is the route, then it's far better to badge it as such.

Quite like that idea, go for it Aldo.

Would anyone be interested in playing Cruyff tribute draft? Only players that he manged or played with....

Would anyone be interested in playing Cruyff tribute draft? Only players that he manged or played with....
Excellent idea, but will be too small of a pool for 16 managers. Not to mention 5-6 big names that would swing it to the ones first in the pecking order unless it's sheep style.

Excellent idea, but will be too small of a pool for 16 managers. Not to mention 5-6 big names that would swing it to the ones first in the pecking order unless it's sheep style.
Can increase the pool by including players that have featured for Netherlands since his retirement and Barcelona and Ajax players that have played for them after his managerial reign

I am ready to go with the All Time Reserve Draft after this by the way. Will set it up after the current one.
1ekk5x.jpg

*Wait, wuts a reserve draft?

I'll formalise the list possibly in the next couple of days, let me know if you want any additions to that. Any GOATs left, catch them and bring them to me!

I would be happy to be part of the next draft.

I'll formalise the list possibly in the next couple of days, let me know if you want any additions to that. Any GOATs left, catch them and bring them to me!

Does your list already include the following players?

Blocked list - Current Tournament:
Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Busquets, Romario, Redondo, Xavi, Rijkaard, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Messi, Luis Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski, Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini, Matthaus, Nesta, Kohler, Van Nistelrooy, Suarez, Zidane, Buffon, Casillas, Neuer, Sammer, M. Laudrup, Gullit, Batistuta, Baggio, Pirlo, Stoichkov, Desailly, Thuram, Brehme, Tassotti, Iniesta, Koeman, Raul, Rui Costa, Del Piero, Figo, Rivaldo, Effenberg, Cannavaro, Makelele.

Some EPL players to be added certainly.

All Time Reserve Draft Signups:

1. Aldo Staine
2. Tuppet
3. Sjor Bepo
4. Downcast
5. RedTiger
6. Stobzilla
7. anant (conditional)
8. Skizzo
9. Edgar Allan Pillow

Last edited:
I'd vote for not banning other players apart from the players picked in the all time draft. Thats a nice theme as being best of the rest.

In (depending on age limit of players)