Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Do you rate Ravel is the bigger question..
Seemed to be good in limited matches I saw of his, although that has been the case for every new player in our side.

@Marty1968 the reinforcement rounds will be like the last draft?

Also 4 nationalities isn't it a bit low?
It says minimum so shouldn't be a problem. If he meant maximum however perhaps 5 would be nicer..

Is it possible to draft from the other league going in to the quarters and beyond?

@Marty1968 the reinforcement rounds will be like the last draft?

Also 4 nationalities isn't it a bit low?
The starting XI needs to have a minimum of 4 nationalities. I can see your point though...a team could conceivably end up with 7 italians/spaniards with the rule as it is....

May have to up it to 5!

MJJ and Viva are joining forces no? Opens up another spot.

Revised List so far....

1. Šjor Bepo
2. green_smiley
3. MJJ
4. Marty1968
5. VivaJanuzaj (are you teaming up with MJJ??)
6. Skizzo/Pat_Mustard
7. Mazhar13
8. Tuppet
9. Invictus
10. Aldo/The Stain
11. Enigma_87
12. CrappyCraperson
13. Gio
14. EAP
15. Balu/Joga Bonito
16. Red_Tiger

Stobzilla is on the transfer list as an AM to anyone interested

Chesterlestreet, KM, Cutch, diarm, Theon, harms, Physiocrat, Cal? Bleezy, BBRBB, Kazi, Montpelier, MDFC Manager (plus three newbies who I understand are on their way…. Downcast, M Bison and KirkDuyt)

The feck, it full? :mad:

And why the hell are @Skizzo & @Pat_Mustard playing separately? Pair them up, kick one out and give me his spot!

we decided to split up so there wouldn't be a spot for you.

Only messing. Of course we're still teaming up if @Skizzo is free to take part and he hasn't tired of my muppetry yet :D

Haven't even read what this draft is yet :lol: but count me in.

Cool I'll pair you up. @Edgar Allan Pillow you've got a spot.

Confirmed we are one. Hopefully not symbolic for a first round exit. We've fallen off lately :(

If someone needs help researching players and bouncing off ideas I'd be willing to help. I'll be willing to argue a long time why the defense in Serie A is overrated thus crushing many of people's top picks.

If this is the battle of the leagues, then should the reinforcement pool not be confined to the spoils from your league, as opposed to an all-in situation which is likely to lead to a mish-mash of teams come the semis and final?

If this is the battle of the leagues, then should the reinforcement pool not be confined to the spoils from your league, as opposed to an all-in situation which is likely to lead to a mish-mash of teams come the semis and final?
I believe that once you are allocated a league, you can only pick players from that league for the duration of that draft, including reinforcements. Can't really change that in the middle. The only thing that changes is that starting from the quarters a Serie A team may face another Serie A team, likewise for La Liga.

I believe that once you are allocated a league, you can only pick players from that league for the duration of that draft, including reinforcements. Can't really change that in the middle. The only thing that changes is that starting from the quarters a Serie A team may face another Serie A team, likewise for La Liga.
Yes, that makes sense and is in keeping with the spirit of the draft.

@Marty1968 - might be worth spelling it out more specifically in this bit:
Reinforcements: after each knockout round all eliminated players go into the reinforcement pool and stay there until the final. After the first round and the quarterfinals, each manager gets to pick 2 players in a snake format with the draft order reversed from the previous round. After the semi-final, the two finalists can only pick one player as a reinforcement.

Reinforcements are from the league you are representing. No teams can pick players from the other leagues at any time. Will update the OP so it's correct when i set up the main thread tomorrow.

Reinforcements are from the league you are representing. No teams can pick players from the other leagues at any time. Will update the OP so it's correct when i set up the main thread tomorrow.

giphy.gif

The starting XI needs to have a minimum of 4 nationalities. I can see your point though...a team could conceivably end up with 7 italians/spaniards with the rule as it is....

May have to up it to 5!
I think 5 would be better and more interesting.

I'll be willing to argue a long time why the defense in Serie A is overrated thus crushing many of people's top picks.

Yeah, that'd be great. I don't think I've ever seen you do that anywhere else, so it would have the added benefit of being - well - a brand new thing on top of everything else.

I'm up for an AM position if somebody wants one.

@Marty1968

Have you any thoughts on how you'd like the matches to play out? We've discussed going for a hidden poll until the time finishes. I also like the idea of:

What we could do is to make a brief description of what the manager expects the opponent to do mandatory. This could be useful for voters (and thread discussions). If the opponent opts for something the manager clearly did not anticipate, that would normally count against him (unless the unexpected move is a bad one, of course).

Many managers do this in practice (saying a few words about how they expect the other team to go about their business), but making it mandatory would make it more conspicuous - more like a feature the voters get used to looking at, and taking into account.

I think this could spice up the match threads.

Also in the present draft I had an idea of tiers for goal keepers to give them some a boost in penalties although since I never established the tiers after initial drafting standard penalties ensued in a draw.

If anyone has any developed thoughts on how a better keepers could practically be rewarded in penalties I'd like to hear them.

@Marty1968

Have you any thoughts on how you'd like the matches to play out? We've discussed going for a hidden poll until the time finishes. I also like the idea of:

Also in the present draft I had an idea of tiers for goal keepers to give them some a boost in penalties although since I never established the tiers after initial drafting standard penalties ensued in a draw.

If anyone has any developed thoughts on how a better keepers could practically be rewarded in penalties I'd like to hear them.
Not really thought that far ahead as yet. Was just going to follow your last one rather than anything new on this one. When it gets to that point I may need some assistance as I'm away for a week at beginning of April then doing Jury Service for two weeks immediately after i get back....

@Marty1968

Approve all that.

Yes, it's finally starting! I echo what others have said: can we start up a new thread already and get it going so that we can plan accordingly?

Also, I found something strange here:

you have to PM the manager next in line to inform him/her that it is his/her turn
PM? Is there a particular reason for that, or is this just for the newbies?
I'll AM in this one if anyone wants my special brand of help.
I'd also take an AM if anyone wants to team up :)
Me, although I dont rate him very highly, which seems to be your case
If someone needs help researching players and bouncing off ideas I'd be willing to help. I'll be willing to argue a long time why the defense in Serie A is overrated thus crushing many of people's top picks.
I'd like to help someone. I reserved my name for this @Marty1968 :mad:
Will throw my name if someone wants assistance
I'm up for an AM position if somebody wants one.
I'm looking out for an AM to help me out as I just got a job recentlyand won't have as much time to spend on these forums as I used to. Whoever replies first will become my AM. And Stobzilla, I know you have some strange vendetta against me, but me being fair, I won't leave you out as well. ;)

Yes, it's finally starting! I echo what others have said: can we start up a new thread already and get it going so that we can plan accordingly?

Also, I found something strange here:

PM? Is there a particular reason for that, or is this just for the newbies?

I'm looking out for an AM to help me out as I just got a job recentlyand won't have as much time to spend on these forums as I used to. Whoever replies first will become my AM. And Stobzilla, I know you have some strange vendetta against me, but me being fair, I won't leave you out as well. ;)

I'll be your Steve Round