Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Yep, he's a dangerous one. You're fecked if you end up with someone on his dislike list

I'm pretty sure in the Premier League draft he voted against me every round except the final.

@Pat_Mustard and I were amused to see his vote pop up every round :lol: I'm sure it was the same in the draft before that too. I think it's just me he dislikes :(

I tried to add you into the committee convo but I think it's full. I'll get rid of anyone who doesn't contribute and replace them with you.
You can ask an modmin to make a large room and invite all of the committee members in. Modmins have no size limits to convo rooms.

I'm pretty sure in the Premier League draft he voted against me every round except the final.

@Pat_Mustard and I were amused to see his vote pop up every round :lol: I'm sure it was the same in the draft before that too. I think it's just me he dislikes :(
Who are you talking about?

@Šjor Bepo You were in the newbie sheep draft i won, weren't you? Can you remember who else has come up to the full forum? green_smiley i think, maybe redtiger? marty1968?

@Šjor Bepo You were in the newbie sheep draft i won, weren't you? Can you remember who else has come up to the full forum? green_smiley i think, maybe redtiger? marty1968?

sallycinnamin, berbasloth4 and bleezy. DB17 and big_red123 were promoted, then band.

:D Cheers. Was Sjor in? lel can't remember. I asked you to vote for me, didn't i? hahaha.

Yes he was. Made it to the semis vs big_red123, who then faced you in the final and lost. Nice team btw:
The-Stain%27s-United-formation-tactics.png
Van Basten + Gullit. :drool:

yap, think red tiger also played but im not sure....
Man, that obnoxious fella i played in the final.. He participated in a draft in the full forum but was such an arse he got permabanned. :lol:

Hang on..

Man, that obnoxious fella i played in the final.. He participated in a draft in the full forum but was such an arse he got permabanned. :lol:

Hang on..
I like Red-Tiger myself.

Anyone remember this fella? There is more, even worse shit but this'll do :wenger:

He had only 1 game that Netherlands lost.. Let's see how voters judge him. Great piick though. Have to love Cruyff

Don't think that changes his ability at the time.

i absolutely love Cruyff but this is an awful pick....

it doesnt but we are judging players based on tournaments not on the time when the tournament was played.

Cool story. Pity none of us seen him play.

You can watch 62 final, or, at least, his individual highlights from that game (they are on YouTube), it's really impressive

Oh yes the youtube videos :rolleyes:

And World Cups don't count.

I suppose the 28 seconds of youtube videos on Gyorgy Sarosi justified you picking him.

? It's an all touches compilation, nothing wrong with it. And yes, World Cup form don't count, but I wasn't talking about this draft, I thought that you were genuinely interested in the player.

Euros 1960 are available for watching too, if anything

Is this gonna be the attitude all the way through the picking and match stages ? because if it is I'm out right now.

What about picking great players based on their overall reputation rather than performances at the EURO's?

Oh your mad you picked Czibor and you never seen him play. :D

EURO 64' winner and player of the tournament

images

He had a fallout with the manager and had a holiday during the 92' EURO's.

Played in 3 others.

He played in 84 88 and 96.. Though he wasn't at his best IMO

God this is slow. We should have done it without the AM's

In how many cases has an AM slowed it down? Theon wasn't online for the entire day. Me being an AM or not would not have changed that. People will always find stuff to complain about.

It seems like everyone has to take an hour when they come online to have a conversation with the AM before picking.

If you read the thread, you would see that I didn't even know about the pick. Theon made it. People have jobs and a life too my friend.

An hour cannot be considered unreasonable. If your first choice is taken, it would take me that to decide on alternates. And AM do get more people involved, so I think an hour is acceptable tradeoff.

In euro's terms alone, Brian should have gone before Michael in this draft. Fantastic in '92

:lol:

Bright one here.

Can't wait until I hear how people prove how good the older players played at the Euro's and see if their not just going on their reputions.
Guys, be thankful that you have big red123 around, rather than everyone complimenting every single pick that has been made

You have 3 pre 64 players to pick yourself, you know? Or are you only going to field 8 players?

It's like having a pre-pubescent Antohan about.

The issue for you is that the performances of your players are rather well known - and some of them simply didn't perform brilliantly in the Euros.

Nope. Im going to make up 3 names and post a extract from a Russian site that was written 60 years ago and see does anyone notice. :D

If he was making valid criticisms of players I wouldn't actually mind.

:lol: I hope i play your team, 14 automatic votes.

It is like Big Red took up a one man crusade to make a mockery of the draft and the voters (if he wins). I am intrigued to see how it ends up.

Other than Big Red, I think the rest of us are ok Stobz. Don't let him spoil it. Treat him like you would Anto.

Haven't critised a player yet.

He is already picked. Third round even.

Already picked by @The Stain in the 3rd round.

Ha! Funnily enough antohan probably would have hated him as he has the attitude of "If I wasn't alive when they played, they were shit"

My God, that Big red123 was a proper numpty. I wasn't sure whether he was actually trolling or raging.

List of Drafts:

Draft I: Cal?'s - New Fantasy Draft (Winner: Cal?)
Draft II: Polaroid's - Retro Fantasy Draft - all players born in 60s (Winner: Polaroid)
Draft III: Cal?'s - 70s Fantasy Draft (Winner: Cling Bak)
Draft IV: Brwned's - 50s Fantasy Draft (Winner: Brwned)
Draft V: Premier League 20 Season Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft VI: All -Time Fantasy Draft (Winner: antohan)
Draft VII: Theon's - Champions League Draft (Winner: Gio)
Draft VIII: Aldo's - Decades Draft (Winner: Theon)
Draft IX: Future Stars Draft (Winner: NM/Snow)
Draft X: World Cup Peak Draft (Winner: Annahnomoss)
Draft XI: Aldo's - Sheep Draft (Winner Gio)
Draft XII: Polaroid's - Transfer Muppet Draft (Winner: MJJ)
Draft XIII: Annahnomoss's - Auction Draft (Winner: Cutch/Annah)
Draft XIV: rpitroda's - Criteria Draft (Winner: Aldo)
Draft XV: EAP's - Reality Draft (Winner: antohan)
Draft XVI: Annahnomoss's - Managers Draft (Winner: EAP)
Draft XVII: crappycraperson's - British Irish Draft (Winner: MJJ)
Draft XVIII: EAP's - Modern Era Draft (Winner: Theon)
Draft XIX: Skizzo's - Second Sheep Draft (Winner: Cutch)
Draft XX: Balu's - Euro Draft (Winner: Joga Bonito)
Draft XXI: Annahnomoss's - All Time Auction Draft (Winner: Cal?)
Draft XXII: Skizzo's All Time Premier League Draft (Winner: Skizzo/Pat)
Draft XXIII: EAP's Chain Draft (Winner: The Stain)
Draft XXIV: Aldo's 40s Retro Draft (Winner: Gio/Theon)
Draft XXV: Gio's Third Redcafe Sheep Draft (Winner: Stobzilla)
Draft XXVI: TBC

We've had some tough drafts recently and for a change of pace I'm thinking of an all time snake draft. No restrictions, no surprises. Just pure team building.

I'm up for an All-Time snake but I reckon we should run it as the Billy No Mates All-Time Snake draft. The starting XI must never have played with each other, ever. Defined as being at the same club at the same season or been in the same squad for a major tournament, e.g. Euros, World Cup, Copa America etc. The info should be easyish to come by and you can more easily plan your team without being screwed over by someone else. Also they'll be no proven partnerships making it the ultimate fantasy draft. What do you think?

I'm up for an All-Time snake but I reckon we should run it as the Billy No Mates All-Time Snake draft. The starting XI must never have played with each other, ever. Defined as being at the same club at the same season or been in the same squad for a major tournament, e.g. Euros, World Cup, Copa America etc. The info should be easyish to come by and you can more easily plan your team without being screwed over by someone else. Also they'll be no proven partnerships making it the ultimate fantasy draft. What do you think?
Perfect. I like the idea behind this. It should also hopefully allow people to appreciate some unique combinations some more with the proven partnerships out of the way.

Chain Draft in reverse? Sounds good.

In, been waiting for a muppet friendly draft after the '40s/ Sheep monstrosities. :angel:

In.

I'll put an OP together and publish it after the Final of the Sheep draft is finished.