NBA 2024-2025

There is actually world cup in basketball. And US is not the reigning champion. Not even a medalist. Not even the best country out of the NA.

Long season for Jazz. Keyonte George is not a very smart basketball player. Hardy Will get them too many wins and they draft around fifth. And trade Markkanen in the summer.

Eager to see how Iisalo's offense works in Memphis.

Celtics lifted a world champion 2024 banner yesterday.
I understand this is done, but it's on the team, not the league. Celtics aren't classy

The way the world is now, it's going to continue just cuz people talk about it.

I expect when the first NBA team claimed this was ages before Europe had any decent teams, a decision made by some marketing guy in a checkered suit back when no one cared about the NBA. Certainly no one in Europe (by which I mean it's popularity was much less).

But I admire Spurs for putting NBA champions instead. As a person, I much prefer the stereotypical humble British attitude than the stereotypical brash American one.

There is actually world cup in basketball. And US is not the reigning champion. Not even a medalist. Not even the best country out of the NA.

Long season for Jazz. Keyonte George is not a very smart basketball player. Hardy Will get them too many wins and they draft around fifth. And trade Markkanen in the summer.

Eager to see how Iisalo's offense works in Memphis.
I'd love to see NBA teams participate, which I'm assuming they don't. Just needs to make sense financially, injury is so easy to happen and so much rides on what happens in the NBA, as opposed to the WCoB.

I'd love to see NBA teams participate, which I'm assuming they don't. Just needs to make sense financially, injury is so easy to happen and so much rides on what happens in the NBA, as opposed to the WCoB.
World cup in basketball, just like football, is played by nations. So I don’t think that will happen. There are obviously numerous NBA players there, if that's what you meant. Pretty much everyone apart from about top 10 us players.

World cup in basketball, just like football, is played by nations. So I don’t think that will happen. There are obviously numerous NBA players there, if that's what you meant. Pretty much everyone apart from about top 10 us players.
It is unfortunate that US basketball doesn't take the WC seriously. The 2023 team had 0 players with a single minute of senior national team experience and was the youngest team at the tournament.

It is unfortunate that US basketball doesn't take the WC seriously. The 2023 team had 0 players with a single minute of senior national team experience and was the youngest team at the tournament.
Yeah, but it was still closer to your b team than c team. With the same coaches as Olympics.

Yeah, but it was still closer to your b team than c team. With the same coaches as Olympics.
Actually, that team now would probably do a whole lot better if the tournament was played this summer. Edwards and Haliburton took huge leaps last year, Brunson improved as well. Reaves, Banchero, Ingram, and JJJ are all better players.

Oh, yes I'm aware of that, I thought you were saying there was an equivalent to the Club World Cup for basketball.

Oh, yes I'm aware of that, I thought you were saying there was an equivalent to the Club World Cup for basketball.
I think the interest for that would be the same as the equivalent gimmick in football has. So not really needed or wanted.

I know it was only the Blazers and the Jazz, but to win by 34 and 41 points respectively, on the road, is pretty impressive.

3-0, feels like an eternity ago since that happened for the Lakers. Have not been able to see anything more than extended highlights but some of the passing on offense has veen surprisingly good, especially compared to last season.

Fun times.

3-0, feels like an eternity ago since that happened for the Lakers. Have not been able to see anything more than extended highlights but some of the passing on offense has veen surprisingly good, especially compared to last season.

Fun times.
Are you fully on the Redick train?

Fun times.
Good win over the kings today. Still early but JJ looks like a clear upgrade over Ham.

Lebron with another monster game for the ages. The guy is incredible to do what he's doing in season 22.